Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

gohjamie

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows of any reputable recruiters in singapore?

For reputable recruitment companies, I can say Randstad Singapore and Adecco topped it. Well, Randstad landed me a good job and my headhunter from Adecco was been so good to me on updating me with my application status. Both of these companies have been in the industry for quite long.

I would also think Recruithub, although they are still new in this business, is also a good recruitment company. They've patiently answered all my emails and calls.

Waterman123

Reaction score
My brother signed a letter of intent with recruit express.it states "should i fail to report for work or resign within 90 days from commencement date , i shall pay them "$****80% of 1 month salary" .After starting work for a month, my brother does not like his present job scope and his manager also feel he is not suitable so they intent to terminate him.the problem is recruit express agent tell my brother he will have to pay if he gets terminated within 3 month. He say it is one of the clause. But after looking at his letter of intent, it only say you have to pay one month if you resign within 90 days. Is it true that if you get terminated by company within 90 days, recruit express can sue you if you dunt pay them back one month?anyone have experience on this?

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your brother agree & sign with recruit express which allow them to sue your brother.

For whatever reason your brother quit, recruit express has the reason to seek for compensation.

If your brother is fire by company due to always late for work, MC & etc, recruit express has the reason to seek for compensation.

However if your brother is fire by company due to work performance, I don't think that recruit express has the reason to seek for compensation.

End of day before recruit express sue your brother, they must produce supporting documents that they lost money due to your brother termination by self or company in order to sue your bother.

Mostly it does not worth the time & money for recruitment firms to fight law case with candidate for this small thing.

My brother signed a letter of intent with recruit express.it states "should i fail to report for work or resign within 90 days from commencement date , i shall pay them "$****80% of 1 month salary". After starting work for a month, my brother does not like his present job scope and his manager also feel he is not suitable so they intent to terminate him.the problem is recruit express agent tell my brother he will have to pay if he gets terminated within 3 month. He say it is one of the clause. But after looking at his letter of intent, it only say you have to pay one month if you resign within 90 days. Is it true that if you get terminated by company within 90 days, recruit express can sue you if you dunt pay them back one month?anyone have experience on this?

Waterman123

Reaction score
I sign a 6 mths contract with a job agency. The job suck and i quit within a week, the agency told me i need to pay back 1 mth salary if not will take a legal action. I need help cause i dont have money to pay please advise thanks

Hi is there any outcome for your case?did they take legal actions?

Waterman123

Reaction score
Your brother agree & sign with recruit express which allow them to sue your brother.

For whatever reason your brother quit, recruit express has the reason to seek for compensation.

If your brother is fire by company due to always late for work, MC & etc, recruit express has the reason to seek for compensation.

However if your brother is fire by company due to work performance, I don't think that recruit express has the reason to seek for compensation.

End of day before recruit express sue your brother, they must produce supporting documents that they lost money due to your brother termination by self or company in order to sue your bother.

Mostly it does not worth the time & money for recruitment firms to fight law case with candidate for this small thing.

Ty very much kyoji83.Now we only worry there is more than one page to the letter of intent my brother signed and the clause they mention abt if terminated within 3 month by company are on other pages which they never email my brother.My brother is very sure there is only one page that he received and sign in the email.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does he had a copy of that email to prove that he only had 1 page?

Ty very much kyoji83.Now we only worry there is more than one page to the letter of intent my brother signed and the clause they mention abt if terminated within 3 month by company are on other pages which they never email my brother.My brother is very sure there is only one page that he received and sign in the email.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
I see, thank you for your reply! I didn't agree to any job offers, and in fact I rejected because the pay is quite sad... Recommend everyone to find their own jobs rather than rely on recruiters. They will push down your pay just to get higher commission. Do not agree to anything, because I find that recruiters tend to push you into agreeing to the job offer immediately without allowing you to think about it. Got so turned off by some recruiters who will tell you that if you don't agree like immediately, you will lose the chance.

i agree and totally can understand.

i kena before. really bloody turn off. plus i put can nego. they still insist on that amount really ****er
they keep pushing down ur salary

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every hiring organization had expectation such as hiring budget. If your expected salary is higher then client's budget, it make no sense for agency to recommend you cause client will just reject any way.

A lot of agency recruiters these day are not professional. If you are lucky, they will ask you if your expected salary is negotiable. However what they fail to ask you is how low is your expected salary. So this is when agency recruiters will assume your negotiable part for expected salary will fit into client's budget. I would like to recommend everyone here to inform the agency recruiters what is your lowest expected salary in order to save everyone time.

i agree and totally can understand.

i kena before. really bloody turn off. plus i put can nego. they still insist on that amount really ****er
they keep pushing down ur salary

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to pay job agent if work less than 90days ah?
recently gt agent help find a job,
moi not really intend to leave current job.
but still go for interview anyway, juz to know more about current market status
turns out the coy offering same position as moi current one, 15% increment to current pay, benefit wise abit below current job offering.

but the agent keep pushing to accept the offer, w/o detail job bonus/benefit package... LOL
not sure the 15% good enuf to offset the lower annual leaves though... need time to think over, but agent keep pushing :s22:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to pay job agent if work less than 90days ah?

Some agency have this term to compensate them (cause they give guarantee to company).

So you better check it out.

recently gt agent help find a job,
moi not really intend to leave current job.
but still go for interview anyway, juz to know more about current market status
turns out the coy offering same position as moi current one, 15% increment to current pay, benefit wise abit below current job offering.

but the agent keep pushing to accept the offer, w/o detail job bonus/benefit package... LOL
not sure the 15% good enuf to offset the lower annual leaves though... need time to think over, but agent keep pushing :s22:

Apart from basic salary, don't think agency will know the detail of your salary package such as leaves cause company is lazy to share so many information (even if this is direct hire from company & not agency).

Although agent want to close the case fast, there will be a period of time before company HR decided not to offer you if no news.

Well, you are not in a hurry since you have a job now...

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks ur reply

is there a pole here somewhere about salary/package offer from new job?

what’s the generic offer in terms of % increment & benefits for hopping new job?

personally a minimal 10% increment in salary and matching benefits,
will consider if lesser benefits in annual leaves/telco subs in favor for higher % salary increment, health insurance is a must though

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My advice to you is to detach salary package apart from benefits like leave and health insurance. Each organization have their own benefits system like leave and health insurance. HR do not offer you a higher wages just because your current job offer you a better benefits such as more leaves.

As for increment, it depends a lot of factors. For example, mostly you will be earning higher wages in public sector compare to private sector. So instead of increment, you may be looking at decrements if you are joining private sector from public sector. Another factor will be how long have you serve in your current organizations cause you don't expect new employer to give you increment for every few months job hop. 10% is just nice for next job hop if you ask me provided you have 2 years of service in current organization.

thanks ur reply

is there a pole here somewhere about salary/package offer from new job?

what’s the generic offer in terms of % increment & benefits for hopping new job?

personally a minimal 10% increment in salary and matching benefits,
will consider if lesser benefits in annual leaves/telco subs in favor for higher % salary increment, health insurance is a must though

zidmosby

Reaction score
To be honest, I have had good experience with BGC, RE, Success HRC and Capital Group during the times I was transitioning/unemployed:

- RE set me up with a local hospital. 3 month contract and the contract drafted did include all the usual clause like LD, how to fill up the form (in blocks of 15min), submission and pay date. I remember first pay deducted $50 or something because of successful referral.

- BGC set me up with one year contract with local telco call centre. When I sign contract the consultant verbally told me if I quit within 3 months, must pay 1 month salary. Fortunately for me, the contract itself did not say such thing. When the consultant called me to confirm my resignation and remind me of payment, I told her not in the contract so no obligation. Never heard back lol

- RE offered me to join them as a recruiter. I was quite tempted until a very uncomfortable interview with their chikopek boss. If anybody is interested in joining, you can expect around $2000-$2200 basic and need to work Saturday for 1 year. I am pretty sure you will get pay cut or be fired if you do not hit the sales quota but not sure because I never signed with them or took a look at the contract.

- Success HRC was also set me up with one year contract with a foreign bank call centre. They were not very active at following up for you though so need to constantly call and drop message. But they were pleasant to deal with overall - one of the better ones I reckon.

- Capital Group was efficient but sneaky. When we first talked, I told him my pay range and I was not willing to negotiate. He said no problem, set me up with a company that he said can match. Company wanted to proceed with me, he suddenly told me they cannot match and it was almost $1000 below what I wanted since it was hourly pay. Rejected him but company called me directly and gave me the pay I wanted. They even said they were happy to cut CG out of the picture because they did not have to pay commission and I joined their company with a better pay.

Anyway, my point is - got pros and cons la to dealing with agencies. My general feel is that if you approach agencies, you are desperate for a job/some income. Most agencies do rip you off to a certain extent because obviously they want their commission.

But at the end of the day, don't bite the hands that feed you la. They help you find a job, you also don't itchy backside want to quit just because don't like this or that. If you know you got 3 months contract, start looking for new job maybe mid of your 2nd month so you can escape the LD. Or if you like the current job, ask the employer directly if want to extend your contract or if got permanent direct vacancy.

It's not that the agencies are being unfair, but you aren't holding up your end of the (written and legal) bargain too.

Last edited:

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
It's seems like for agency, there are "specializations". Since I'm in the IT line, one the best agency is jobline(not sure if it was mentioned before). The agents I talked to are polite, knowledgeable and some of them even proactively fight for a higher pay for you. Resignation is done online with a click of a button and it even drafts an auto-generated letter to your reporting supervisor lol.

Their pay is on time and they even have a copy of your e-contract in their portal so that you may view/print your contract at anytime.

Most importantly, I have not seen any bs whereby you need to pay to agency for resigning. I have seen loads of people resign on their first month, even some on their first week with no penalties. Some of the agents even offer to help you find your next job opportunity.

Last edited:

Tombstonewan

Reaction score
Does he had a copy of that email to prove that he only had 1 page?

Sorry for late reply, but I recommend a good practice for you guys intending to sign a new contract.

When you sign a new contract. BE SURE to initial every SINGLE page of the contract, front & back, irregardless of whether the back is a blank.

Why? It damn obvious that if any agent tries to Pang and say u ack some mysterious document, ask them to show proof that you have read and initial the document.

This is to protect your interest

mepick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Job agencies are bad.

The Job Creation consultant was very proactive to give me job interview answers.

Capita consultant took quite long to reply to me after I've sent in my resume photo.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I had signed the letter of Intent. Also Signed the Letter of Employment with company. Went for preemployment medical checkup. But an irresistible offer came in. I still had over 1mth before join date. Am i liable to pay the 80% of expected salary if i back out now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.