Recommend me a casual Dota 2 laptop

dopamine90

Reaction score
Hi guys

Trying to seek out the gurus here. Looking to buy a budget laptop that can support Dota 2 with moderate settings and stream media. Any cheaper ones to recommend? Trying to keep my budget under $700.

kent.qv

Reaction score
I think $700 a bit challenging for moderate settings. you might want to go for the lowest settings, maybe got chance.

Hi guys

Trying to seek out the gurus here. Looking to buy a budget laptop that can support Dota 2 with moderate settings and stream media. Any cheaper ones to recommend? Trying to keep my budget under $700.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Increase your budget by about $300 and get a Gen 6 i7 6700HQ with gfx, that should be good enough.

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Increase your budget by about $300 and get a Gen 6 i7 6700HQ with gfx, that should be good enough.
Any 6700hq with dedicated gpu around 1k? I saw mostly around 1.3 to 1.5k bro. The cheapest one is lenovo iirc

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only other model I can think of that is cheaper is Acer. However, Acer is pretty well known for its high failure rate of motherboards, that's why I didn't recommend.
Ya, i had bad experience with acer before. How is gigabyte? Is it local brand like aftershock? I only know gigabyte is motherboard brand.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, i had bad experience with acer before. How is gigabyte? Is it local brand like aftershock? I only know gigabyte is motherboard brand.

Pretty ok, I'm using a Gigabyte laptop (the exact model above) for work :s13:. Bought an Acer before and up lorry within 6 months but luckily got warranty but really high mobo failure rate.

Gigabyte on the other hand has pretty good mobos.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

well iirc hwz got review on AS and GB laptop and both models are on SAGER design. (the so call DIY laptop company)

so in a way they are somewhat the same .

chiaRH

Reaction score
well iirc hwz got review on AS and GB laptop and both models are on SAGER design. (the so call DIY laptop company)

so in a way they are somewhat the same .

The OEM is called clevo not sager. Easy way to tell: look at the laptop underside. The sticker label explicitly states the clevo name

Sager is an american system builder, no different from aftershock, i.e. they get their barebones from clevo and spec it according to customer config.

Gigabyte is a taiwanese company more well known for their motherboards but they actually also have laptops.

There is literally only one current laptop in Gigabyte that uses Clevo chassis: the Gigabyte Sabre. It shares the same barebone as one of the aftershock MX-15 models.

All of their others like the Aorus series, Aero series are their own barebone design.

QQQ321

Reaction score
if the budget is really limited, why don't you thinking about desktop? and one by one upgrade when you have more budget

gamemonster

Reaction score
Hi guys

better to have more budget and recommend at least RAM 8G, GTX 1050Ti

kornyken

Reaction score
I'm using a 2 years old Dell Inspiron 7559 with i5, 960M, 16gb ram, SSD.

Casually running 100fps at high settings. Dota requirement is very low.

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
Highest cmi, low-med with 100% render resolution should be can 60fps

Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.