enquiry on how to become a RSAF pilot

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pass everything before you think wherther you want to sign on.

Now talk so many, cannot pass compass test also no use.

I also want to sign on & RET at least a BG or COL but I know I cannot get that rank & so I can only dream.

papa13

Reaction score
eh guys any idea how long does the compass test result stay valid?i eligible for all vocation except pilot ....

mrpoker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
generally speaking, fighter pilots and heli pilots do the worse jobs.:s13:

but yes, just go AFRC and register first, don't wait for them to come to you.

you don't have to care about the life and all that (because quite honestly, it sucks), just know that if its glamour and a quite decent remuneration that you care about, then its the job for you and probably the rest of your life.

papa13

Reaction score
he told you what he thinks is right and u ask him again whether it's 2.5 or 2?????

no idea lei,he think is 2 years some said 2.5 years.. i took it last year august and will be enlisting next year august.so it matter to me hahaha.i qualify for everything beside pilot...

chiu got any idea?:/

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no idea lei,he think is 2 years some said 2.5 years.. i took it last year august and will be enlisting next year august.so it matter to me hahaha.i qualify for everything beside pilot...

chiu got any idea?:/
he said 2.5 years, u heard from other people 2 years.

Then you ask him again to confirm??????

thepunisher241

Reaction score
generally speaking, fighter pilots and heli pilots do the worse jobs.:s13:

but yes, just go AFRC and register first, don't wait for them to come to you.

you don't have to care about the life and all that (because quite honestly, it sucks), just know that if its glamour and a quite decent remuneration that you care about, then its the job for you and probably the rest of your life.

dont reject the opportunity, let it reject you!

bogayz

Reaction score
yea, dun let naysayers stop you from trying. You never know. Even if dun pass the course, it'll still be a great experience when you look back years later.

blisterplaster

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm female. 160cm height. I wear prescription glasses 225 degrees. I know the minimum height requirement for RSAF pilots is 162cm. Does anyone know if they're not that strict with the height requirement? After all, being short can be an advantage in a small fighter plane

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm female. 160cm height. I wear prescription glasses 225 degrees. I know the minimum height requirement for RSAF pilots is 162cm. Does anyone know if they're not that strict with the height requirement? After all, being short can be an advantage in a small fighter plane

I believe they have done their studies to say people of a certain height can cope well in a small fighter plane. So don’t worry too much about it.

To be honest, given that it is a pilot role, and you want to be a fighter pilot somemore. I don’t think there’s any likelihood of them being flexible at all

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who tell you short can can be an advantage in a small fighter plane? Do you know they have brake pedals? If you are short mean your leg maybe short & unable to press fully to use the brake pedals which will result an accident because you cannot stop in time.

They are strict with all requirement such as the height. You can smoke your way if you want but once you do your medical checkup at RSAF Aeromedical Centre, everything will be out.

Hi guys. I'm female and 160cm. I understand that RSAF min height requirement to be a pilot is 162cm. Are they strict on the height requirement? Tho I'm 2cm shorter.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they are extremely particular about it.

if u do get to the medical stage. they'll even measure the length of your limbs and arm and in different postures down to every other small detail.

the reason is because you need to fit the cockpit ....... not vice versa the cockpit cannot be customized to fit you.

i don't think you'll get through medical but still u can try applying.

Last edited:

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do nsf who pass all do during the rest of their ns service? i heard that they need to get their degree before they start flying?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do nsf who pass all do during the rest of their ns service?

There is no pilot vocation for NSF & you needs to sign on in order to be one ith RSAF.

i heard that they need to get their degree before they start flying?

They don't needs a degree cause not relevant to their job as pilot but they needs a GCE A or Poly Dip in order to meet the requirement to become an Officer.

Let me explain in lay man term for training stages.

1) Air Grading = Something like SYFC where they go Australia to get their private pilot license. If fail, break contract as REG and re-vocation as NSF. If pass, go point 2.

2) Attend OCS as OCT to be commission as Air Force Officer (Pilot). If fail, break contract as REG and re-vocation as NSF. If pass, go point 3.

3) As newly commission Air Force Officer (Pilot), you still need basic training like flying a military plane. Then more advance training like flying in formation & etc.

idjekyll

Reaction score
There is no pilot vocation for NSF & you needs to sign on in order to be one ith RSAF.

They don't needs a degree cause not relevant to their job as pilot but they needs a GCE A or Poly Dip in order to meet the requirement to become an Officer.

Let me explain in lay man term for training stages.

1) Air Grading = Something like SYFC where they go Australia to get their private pilot license. If fail, break contract as REG and re-vocation as NSF. If pass, go point 2.

2) Attend OCS as OCT to be commission as Air Force Officer (Pilot). If fail, break contract as REG and re-vocation as NSF. If pass, go point 3.

3) As newly commission Air Force Officer (Pilot), you still need basic training like flying a military plane. Then more advance training like flying in formation & etc.

At which of the points do I get a cool handle like Ace Man or Hot Shot or Lightning Fire or Thunder Bird?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.