Best Acne and Acne Scars treatment anyone?

idle watcher

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am finding out about acne scar removal. Came across a website with pretty insightful info but i wanna know what you guys think based on your experience?

it says we need about 3 sessions for acne scar treatment, and there are several clinics offering this treatment. Wondering if you guys could give your thoughts of this fairymarraine.com/skin/acne-scar-removal/

thanks much!

First two or three co2 laser did remove a lot of my acne scars. But effect gets less with each round.

idle watcher

Reaction score
Anyone has like laser clinics or good acne products to recommend?

Go dematologist get prescription better. The only off the shelf product that ever had obvious effects for me is this the Galderma benzac range. Can google to see makeupalley reviews.

baileysGirl

Reaction score
Mizu Aesthetic Clinic - Dr. Tan Ying Zhou

went to mizu aesthetics clinic and had an extremely bad experience. after 5 sessions of pro yellow laser and q-switch laser which the doctor recommended, my skin has not only not improved but actually gotten worse. consultants were pushy and doctor was extremely young and unprofessional. i don't think he actually knew what he was talking about. I used to have only a few marks on my cheeks but now this has spread to the chin and forehead and have gotten cystic as well. absolutely regret going to this clinic. if there is 1 clinic that does not have results, it would be this place.

i did botox at Mizu, they were advertising on FB at 599 if i remember correctly. Anyway, they told me differing amounts when I asked how many units were injected. Also said they'd call me to follow up, never happened of course.

They claim 30units each side, but effects lasted only 5mths max!! :s12:

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Such a coincidence!! I go to Radium too.. Their acne treatments are very effective although its not very cheap. Otherwise, can get their in-house products too. I am using their to-the-rescue gel!:s12:

Hi, May I know how much per session for acne treatment?

Thanks!

newmie

Reaction score
Go dematologist get prescription better. The only off the shelf product that ever had obvious effects for me is this the Galderma benzac range. Can google to see makeupalley reviews.

where to get Galderma benzac? can get in singapore pharmacy?

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I bought it at Unity last time.... but rarely use it, kept till expired liao.... :(

Check the strength, might want to start from the lowest....

newmie

Reaction score
I bought it at Unity last time.... but rarely use it, kept till expired liao.... :(

Check the strength, might want to start from the lowest....

i thought it's default 5%? okok, thanks! will try watsons, guardian too..:s13:

thechangedone

Reaction score
Mai waste money la guys.

I got serious acne issues (including scarring etc)

I changed my diet, exercise regularly, sleep adequately, drink more water.

Every 4 months i go to my derma buy the facial wash for about $38. (Want earn my money also difficult hehe :)

No remedy brings immediate cure, but it definitely help.. mai gong bo share

recruit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Radium for acne scar revision. Very ethical doctor.

Used to have very bad pockmark all over my face. Initially i visited Mizu (previously they were known as Simplistiq). Young doctor and he seems to be well-versed only in handling the machines rather than having real knowledge on the treatment of different skin conditions/types of acne scars.

Went for about 6 sessions of the venus viva which he recommended. No difference at all. Complete waste of money. His assistants were also always trying to get me to do more stuffs for pigmentation or wrinkles. It can get quite annoying.

Subsequently with my own research, I decided to try out subcision as I have seen others with great results. Went to another clinic around Raffles Place. Clinic is called Clifford Aesthetics - doctor is Dr Gerard Ee. Big fancy clinic in a prime location with huge manpower. Obviously you pay for his overheads rather than actual skill. Went to him to do subcision. He ended up using the consultation time trying to get me to do this expensive Infini treatment which he claims is very effective for my scars. He showed me all the before and after pictures of his patient to convince me of its effectiveness. He then proceeded to diminish the effectiveness of subcision by saying it is very traumatizing to the skin,etc. Told me to sign up for a package or do a la carte treatment at $2800+ per session. TBH, he managed to convince me to try out the machine once.

I paid and 1 month after doing the treatment, I went back for my post-treatment review. There was deepening of certain scars on my face and once of the larger pores became a pockmark. Instead of addressing this, he just skipped reviewing the areas which was further damaged.

After experiencing all the money-grubbers, I went to Radium which was located at the same building as my office. I went in, straight away asked Dr Siew to do subcision. He carefully reviewed my scars and told me that subcision is very suitable for me as I have rolling scars. He also mentioned the reason why all the other expensive treatments previously didnt work was because they weren't meant to treat rolling scars!! That's why no matter how many times I did, there were no results. This is what I call professional expertise! Able to review the condition and apply the correct treatment accordingly.

I went ahead with the subcision and during the process I asked him how many times should I return back for this treatment. Guess what he said? Once is enough. He will do the whole face and cover all areas completely. He could have done partially and request me to come back again so that he could earn the treatment fees twice. But no, he was honest enough to tell me I only need to do once.

6 months later (after all the micro-swelling has completely gone away), Im left with skin I'm seriously happy with. It's not 100% perfect but I can go under flourescent lighting and sunlight without having a moon-face. I can take pictures and look good in them. It's a great boost of confidence.

And how much did this ethical and effective doctor charged me for making a life-transforming change to my skin? $500 max inclusive gst .

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Radium for acne scar revision. Very ethical doctor.

Used to have very bad pockmark all over my face. Initially i visited Mizu (previously they were known as Simplistiq). Young doctor and he seems to be well-versed only in handling the machines rather than having real knowledge on the treatment of different skin conditions/types of acne scars.

Went for about 6 sessions of the venus viva which he recommended. No difference at all. Complete waste of money. His assistants were also always trying to get me to do more stuffs for pigmentation or wrinkles. It can get quite annoying.

Subsequently with my own research, I decided to try out subcision as I have seen others with great results. Went to another clinic around Raffles Place. Clinic is called Clifford Aesthetics - doctor is Dr Gerard Ee. Big fancy clinic in a prime location with huge manpower. Obviously you pay for his overheads rather than actual skill. Went to him to do subcision. He ended up using the consultation time trying to get me to do this expensive Infini treatment which he claims is very effective for my scars. He showed me all the before and after pictures of his patient to convince me of its effectiveness. He then proceeded to diminish the effectiveness of subcision by saying it is very traumatizing to the skin,etc. Told me to sign up for a package or do a la carte treatment at $2800+ per session. TBH, he managed to convince me to try out the machine once.

I paid and 1 month after doing the treatment, I went back for my post-treatment review. There was deepening of certain scars on my face and once of the larger pores became a pockmark. Instead of addressing this, he just skipped reviewing the areas which was further damaged.

After experiencing all the money-grubbers, I went to Radium which was located at the same building as my office. I went in, straight away asked Dr Siew to do subcision. He carefully reviewed my scars and told me that subcision is very suitable for me as I have rolling scars. He also mentioned the reason why all the other expensive treatments previously didnt work was because they weren't meant to treat rolling scars!! That's why no matter how many times I did, there were no results. This is what I call professional expertise! Able to review the condition and apply the correct treatment accordingly.

I went ahead with the subcision and during the process I asked him how many times should I return back for this treatment. Guess what he said? Once is enough. He will do the whole face and cover all areas completely. He could have done partially and request me to come back again so that he could earn the treatment fees twice. But no, he was honest enough to tell me I only need to do once.

6 months later (after all the micro-swelling has completely gone away), Im left with skin I'm seriously happy with. It's not 100% perfect but I can go under flourescent lighting and sunlight without having a moon-face. I can take pictures and look good in them. It's a great boost of confidence.

And how much did this ethical and effective doctor charged me for making a life-transforming change to my skin? $500 max inclusive gst .

hows the down time like?

recruit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initial downtime is about 1 week on average. Right after the treatment the entire face is swollen badly. It doesn’t hurt because of the anaesthesia. A couple days later, the bruising is full blown. I did my entire face so I looked swollen and bruised for about a week. I put on some tinted sunblock but wasn’t enough to cover it. Also the swelling was very obvious, looked like a chipmunk.

After a week, swelling slowly went down but there were still micro swelling which made skin looked abit puffy. Complete swelling disappeared after 2-3 weeks . generally after the first week, you look pretty normal to go out without any makeup or concealer to cover the bruise.

I suggest you take 1 week leave to stay home and recover if you are in a job that requires facing clients.

idle watcher

Reaction score

I buy at Watson’s, but must go to the big ones, like Taka. Not all Watson’s branches carry it. It will be at the pimple cream section, don’t need to go to the pharmacy counter. It comes in three concentrations, 2.5%, 5% and 10%. For some reason, only 5% works properly for me. 2.5% is too weak and 10%, maybe cz too strong, irritates my skin. So there may be some trial n error.

darren89

Reaction score
I buy at Watson’s, but must go to the big ones, like Taka. Not all Watson’s branches carry it. It will be at the pimple cream section, don’t need to go to the pharmacy counter. It comes in three concentrations, 2.5%, 5% and 10%. For some reason, only 5% works properly for me. 2.5% is too weak and 10%, maybe cz too strong, irritates my skin. So there may be some trial n error.

Have you considered acne.org 2.5%? It’s pretty effective as well. But the downside is shipping cost.

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Acne is very simple. Before slp wash yr face. Weekly facial. When u get old no acne problem already. As for scar, can go laser. I got 1 scar when I ns

Reaction score
use sulphur soap
it works better than anything (antibiotics, differin , dalacin ) or facial wash
and its cheap
i had a cyst on my back size of 20 cent coin. i use liao it go away after few weeks , the doctor told me need to go operation to remove.. lol
sibei power. atb use this wash their skin sometimes. no wonder all skin smooth.
dont need take medicine, apply differin, expensive facial wash etc..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.