Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

dolphinv

Reaction score
So far so good. Haven't had time to assess battery but not worse than before overnight.

I like the update. Snappy. My experience is a well optimised firmware on any Android version beats a crappy buggy one on the lastest. Amazon Fire is on Android 5 but it is efficient and effective on a low CPU/ram. Unless there's a particular Nougat or Oreo feature, I'd say this is the best update so far.

For a sub $200 fone this must be one of the best.
Nice thanks for the review haha. Will just update then.
Lol I didn't pay sub 200 though. Bought in around march 2016 and it was like 319 from challenger when it first came out. But now Redmi note 4x can get from qoo10 for like 169. Damn good steal.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Excellent upgrade and very snappier . Never notice any battery drain. Seems like memory mgt improve alot over all. 8 always out out memory

Sent from null using GAGT

dolphinv

Reaction score
Yes. Excellent upgrade and very snappier . Never notice any battery drain. Seems like memory mgt improve alot over all. 8 always out out memory

Sent from null using GAGT
Haha noticed now they dont show the ram usage anymore though. Yeah so far no random battery drain.

But GPS still doesn't work at all. Anybody else have this issue? Cant get a lockon

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha noticed now they dont show the ram usage anymore though. Yeah so far no random battery drain.

But GPS still doesn't work at all. Anybody else have this issue? Cant get a lockon

Bo. Mine lock perfectly.

Extremely snappy now

noobie9999

Reaction score

for ram usage display, you can enable it manually.

when you arrange your icons, you see "wallpaper“, “widgets”, “settings” on bottom. you can click settings-> more -> show memory status.

molecule

Reaction score

Think your GPS chip is fried. Had similar prob with a previous fone, tot was software but despite updates GPS still could not lockon.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Funny... Updated the phone but unable to use the split screen mode. I don't see the split screen option over at the app switcher. Anyone having the same problem??

Last edited:

clay9477

Reaction score
Funny... Updated the phone but unable to use the split screen mode. I don't see the split screen option over at the app switcher. Anyone having the same problem??

Redmi Note 3 no split screen mode for MIUI as still Marshmallow version. Split screen only available on Nougat MIUI.

If you want split screen can download other custom Rom like Lineage OS.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Redmi Note 3 no split screen mode for MIUI as still Marshmallow version. Split screen only available on Nougat MIUI.

If you want split screen can download other custom Rom like Lineage OS.
Oic. Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 Running Oreo 8.0 (January Patch) using GAGT

molecule

Reaction score
After one week on the new firmware, two thumbs up. Feels like a flagship phone :). Too bad this is not my main phone due to camera.

Now wondering if any upgrade to camera sw and quality.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree this is by far the best firmware upgrade in terms of performance improvement.

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
After one week on the new firmware, two thumbs up. Feels like a flagship phone :). Too bad this is not my main phone due to camera.

Now wondering if any upgrade to camera sw and quality.
you can try nitrogen os + gcam.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

hippoheyhey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friends with redmi note 3 SD 650, will you upgrade to redmi note 5 pro or redmi 5 for 18:9 display?

carboy00

Reaction score
Friends with redmi note 3 SD 650, will you upgrade to redmi note 5 pro or redmi 5 for 18:9 display?

Definitely Redmi Note 5 Pro for the overall bump in specs compared to Redmi Note 3. From initial reviews I have seen, the camera on the Note 5 Pro is quite an improvement from past Redmi Notes too.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Definitely Redmi Note 5 Pro for the overall bump in specs compared to Redmi Note 3. From initial reviews I have seen, the camera on the Note 5 Pro is quite an improvement from past Redmi Notes too.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT
I think he meant would we forgo SD650 for the trendier 18:9 look but a downgrade to SD625.

grapewall

Reaction score
Qoo10 selling brand new export set at 170.
Use cart coupon save another $5.Free delivery.
I bought one set due to my old set 3.5 socket faulty - always showed headphone connected.

I got the same problem. How did you resolve the problem?

grapewall

Reaction score
I'm still using xiao mi 2, bought in 2012. Yes, still got software updates, although may not be for long since the hardware cant support any further and not many users already.

dolphinv

Reaction score
I got the same problem. How did you resolve the problem?

For me exact same problem just happened about a week ago.
Software solution: Use the app soundabout download from playstore. It allows you to choose where to output the media to, i.e speakers or headphone jack.
Hardware solution: change headphone jack. I still waiting for replacement part to arrive from taobao, but from online guide need solder sia so quite difficult.....

But upon further inspection the problem is cause a metallic part inside the headphone jack chip off (broke) that's why it always detect as headphones plugged in

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.