The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok that should count as it. Now it all lies down to whether the service center has the parts if not they will have to indent it from overseas. If it's a new/evergreen model then yes still fine. If not then your best bet is to look for the parts online. Though hopefully we hope that day doesn't come.🤐

Well i ba

Yep. RB7124D

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

Bus555

Reaction score
Just found out that the spec i bought is shown on ray ban hk website thou & it is manufactured this year.

Last edited:

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just asking where got sell this spec brand in singapore?

Mono design i saw in jb the spec ia quite light

liegunawan

Reaction score
Sunglasses as Prescription bill

Hi guys, noobie here. as subject, I want to know a recommendation for stores. that can sell sunglasses as prescription in the note (so can claim in insurance). heard many times from my friends, neighbour/small stores usually able to do this. but i checked a few, most of these store don't sell a good variety of range of sunglasses. so mind to share info for this (bigger store that can do this) ?

many thanks before

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all, am new to this thread.

I'm currently thinking of changing my pair of glasses cause my current one is going to break. I'm thinking of something that looks similar to the ray bans rb5144. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if I were to buy a frame from elsewhere, is it possible to go to a spectacles shop and ask if they can make lenses to fit?

Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
No shop will reject such business! But they will always say cause it's your own frame, have to be abit careful incase of any damage incurred.

Hey all, am new to this thread.

I'm currently thinking of changing my pair of glasses cause my current one is going to break. I'm thinking of something that looks similar to the ray bans rb5144. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if I were to buy a frame from elsewhere, is it possible to go to a spectacles shop and ask if they can make lenses to fit?

Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't worry! Most shops will do that and even backdate for you. But what kind of sunglass you looking for? Sports or casual?

Hi guys, noobie here. as subject, I want to know a recommendation for stores. that can sell sunglasses as prescription in the note (so can claim in insurance). heard many times from my friends, neighbour/small stores usually able to do this. but i checked a few, most of these store don't sell a good variety of range of sunglasses. so mind to share info for this (bigger store that can do this) ?

many thanks before

Bus555

Reaction score
Hi its me again. Doubt there such thing but where in sg do they buy 2nd hand branded glasses?

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juz asking.

I was quoted $700 for Zeiss Duravision premium coating 1.74 before discount. Is it overly priced? I think it would be discount till 600+

How is seiko lenses compared to other brands, was told it was utlra thin?

cutoutxstars

Master Member
Reaction score
super impressed with Jamco's service! - I selected my frame on Sunday and managed to collect my new specs yesterday!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Seiko is under Hoya. Your 1.74 is it the superb Asiana? Because normal stock lenses even if rx also don't have 1.74. If it is then yes probably after discount 600 plus unless the shop gives you more. It's according to the rrp so never overcharge you:)
Thickness of lenses depends on your degree, the axis of your astigmatism and also the size of the frame you choose. The longer/wider the frame, if you are a myope/myopia/(-)power then your glasses will be thicker.

Juz asking.

I was quoted $700 for Zeiss Duravision premium coating 1.74 before discount. Is it overly priced? I think it would be discount till 600+

How is seiko lenses compared to other brands, was told it was utlra thin?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry but not tomorrow. We having da sao Chu. So 20 then open. You could look at zeiss frames(yes frames not lenses). Porsche..
Other places might have too e.g. Starck, A-miki. There's a lot more...

you got any recommendations? and will your workplace be open tomorrow?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
An optical shop at Katong shopping mall(old mall) not the i12. Opposite Roxy square iirc.
They have a wide range of frames, those in trend ones too.

Who is jamco? New to this thread.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.