Cebu 7 days - Diving

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ppl,

Am planning 7 days in Cebu in April.

Im thinking of 4 days in Maolboal for diving and canyoneering.

Anyone has suggestions on other things to do in Cebu?

-Is there anything to do or see in Cebu city?
-is it worth going to Bohol island?

I dont intend to visit oslob for the whale sharks btw!

Thanks.

copy83

Reaction score
u can consider going to malapascua for diving. It is one of the few sites in the world where you can see thresher sharks.

In very early morning almost everyday, thresher sharks visit the cleaning stations.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, i did consider but its quite a distance from maolboal where i wanted to see the sardine runs.

Could you share your itinerary maybe? I havent booked any accomodation so still can change things up.

Savage1

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything to do if you're not here to dive. I'm here to do my open water training, and there's been no diving today because of Tropical Storm Basyang, so I'm lying in a hammock reading my Kindle.

Yes, I think there's a cliff jump, but I have no desire to try it. A couple of snorkeling spots.

There are a couple of stores between Maldito's and French Kiss, but they're very basic - toothbrush, suntan lotion, water, soft drinks, alcohol, biscuits, local snacks, tinned food, fresh bananas/mangoes/pineapple. Its no 7-11.

Wifi is patchy, Globe 4G sim works well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.