Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

mavicaste

Reaction score
u buy from official lenovo singapore or the export set...??

i thinking of export set cos cheaper and i dun mind 3GB/16GB version but i worry about the custom ROM whether it'll be problematic or not... :o

regards,
wacky
The local set of course. After combing through threads on XDA forum, it doesn't seem like any breakthrough is imminent.

parallelyy

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to get tab 4 plus, just wanted to ask around if there is a compatible stylus I can get to use the tab with?

joytest

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to get tab 4 plus, just wanted to ask around if there is a compatible stylus I can get to use the tab with?

Possibly an Adonit passive type with the round disc. I tested an active stylus from carousel it didn't work well.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i happened to purchase one.

tio skem :vijayadmin:

where can i download original xiaoxin china rom and flash it? very skeptical on this!
From atrixdynamics? But both 8704 and 8804 have similar specs so I guess hardware wise performance should be quite similar. I would rather get the stock 8804f rom and install gapps myself. Wonder if there's anyway to get the seller to leave it on stock ROM.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

katoboy

Reaction score
Hi guy where I can purchase the lenovo tab 4 plus 10.1 lte/wifi prefer white colour I check lenovo site no stock any advise thank.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than the below issue, so far it is working fine.

1) Youtube version is very old and google is mark it unsafe.
2) Smartnote is also mark as unsafe, dunno what it is.
3) Keep on asking for update, which will failed after download and install.
4) Headphone jack issue with the sound. cannot hear clearly on conversation from headphone jack.

The spec wise is good, just have above issue. I am more happy if they give us the original firmware(without google store).

You mean YouTube cannot be updated via play store?

mobile2009

Reaction score
From what i observed on the lenovo china site, the tab4+ hardware platform has morphed into several series.

P8 or tab3 8 +
xiao xin tablet
tab4+

all having the same spec

Nisse75

Reaction score
If you know how to root the device, you can remove and re-install youtube via playstore to resolve the problem and also get rid of all the bloatware.

Also need to update the google play services.

Nisse75

Reaction score
Already rooted mine successfully, remove and re-install to the latest version of youtube and remove the smartnote app that I don't need. Also able to add put another 128GB SD card and configure it as internal storage to install apps.

Now, I'm trying to upgrade the ROM to the latest version. Apparently, the set was original PRC ROM flashed with ROW ROM which is causing the OTA updates to fail.

Still, I'm happy as it's Android Nougat even without the updates and my gaming apps are running smoothly without any lags. Antutu benchmark is 76000 which is awesome for such a low-cost tablet.

And for the price of $150 for a 4/64GB with Snapdragon 625 and 802.11ac, really nothing to complain for. It has got the same specs as Xiaomi 4X but the latter is a 5.5" screen phone and cost about $200 (with LTE though)

The only not so nice part is the screen is only IPS 1900 by 1200. I have come across lower cost tablet with retina display which is much much better.

You just need to know how to mitigate the O/S but at the risk of getting your device bricked. Otherwise, get the original unit from authorized stores to enjoy all the warranty and hassle-free issues.

You pay what you get. Don't get this tablet if you are fussy and non tech-savvy.

Thanks for the details. Headphone audio problem will be a deal killer for me, think maybe I will cancel the order, may I know how bad is it?

If you know how to root the device, you can remove and re-install youtube via playstore to resolve the problem and also get rid of all the bloatware.

Also need to update the google play services.

Humble Ideas

Reaction score
I strongly recommend huawei Mediapad m3,8inch, released July 2017... it's got 8mpixel front and rear cameras! Android 7.Not available in Singapore dunno why.
Please watch my review here
https://youtu.be/MWpsinvSH58

JepH10

Reaction score
I am eyeing to get this lenovo tablet. Seems this will be cheaper via amazon. Do you think it is ok to buy in amazon?

kwsam9

Reaction score
I am eyeing to get this lenovo tablet. Seems this will be cheaper via amazon. Do you think it is ok to buy in amazon?

I bought 2 units from Amazon over a month apart. No problem. Just bear in mind the specs is 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM.

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea what is the latest software/firmware version for Tab 4 8" (8504F) ?

kwsam9

Reaction score
Any idea what is the latest software/firmware version for Tab 4 8" (8504F) ?

On my Tab 4 10 Plus, the latest is Nougat 7.1.1 Dec security patch. This was the last update at the end of Dec. Have only 2 firmware updates since I bought the tablets in Oct.

Not optimistic about getting updates to Oreo.

bobaccord

Reaction score
On my Tab 4 10 Plus, the latest is Nougat 7.1.1 Dec security patch. This was the last update at the end of Dec. Have only 2 firmware updates since I bought the tablets in Oct.

Not optimistic about getting updates to Oreo.
Is yours bought locally? 4Gb ram and 32gb storage?

I am waiting to buy but many places are sold out...

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.