Anyone change to Big Brake Kit

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are a fast driver or use the NSHW often, you will appreciate a good of tyres with BBK and good brake pads.

I always use the best tyres possible, $400-600 for one piece.

For brakes and rotors, i only used Brembo, EBC and AP. Alcon and Endless is still ok.

DO NOT use track brake pads for street. A good street pads like EBC red is more than good enough.

And like someone said, once you tried a good set of BBK, it is hard to go back to stock.

my stock brake for daily drive or even spirited driving is more than enough
i only upgrade to bbk because my stock brake overheat way too easily on track.

Archuke

Master Member
Reaction score
I see those F1 cars, their brakes have certain operating temp one leh.
Wa those f1 don't need say la... Different league liao sia

The way you say it. Most likely your brakes are working due to bigger clamping force and larger resistance area. :s22:
Im only using dc2r brake kit..louya one hahaha

sound like you are using high temp brake pad.

Yes i am. Front 800 degree, rear 500 degree. Meant for track

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa those f1 don't need say la... Different league liao sia

Im only using dc2r brake kit..louya one hahaha

Yes i am. Front 800 degree, rear 500 degree. Meant for track

i will not use high temp pad for daily driving. less braking efficiency and eat up rotor faster

watchmissy

Reaction score
Any idea where to get EBC red at sg?search around didnt manage to find a workshop that has it

If you are a fast driver or use the NSHW often, you will appreciate a good of tyres with BBK and good brake pads.

I always use the best tyres possible, $400-600 for one piece.

For brakes and rotors, i only used Brembo, EBC and AP. Alcon and Endless is still ok.

DO NOT use track brake pads for street. A good street pads like EBC red is more than good enough.

And like someone said, once you tried a good set of BBK, it is hard to go back to stock.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
any bbk brands to recommend?

movit1387088598.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-MOVIT-Brakes-4-660x439.jpg

Bond388

Reaction score
Hi....where do u guys get brake pads for aftermarket calipers?

Looking for those cheaper one as original r very ex/high wear and a lot dust.

Thks

Car_siao

Reaction score
Where can i find used BBK? I am interested to change one. How can i avoid buying replicate one from carousell?

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changed mine to K-Sport BBK mini 8. Now can stop much more faster and efficient as compared to stock breaks (proven as lesser distance and time at the same stretch of road at similar speed).

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changed mine to K-Sport BBK mini 8. Now can stop much more faster and efficient as compared to stock breaks (proven as lesser distance and time at the same stretch of road at similar speed).

any squeaking sound?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.