Grab car - I have a Friend that was charged under penal code 403

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My friend tell me that he will get a chance to get warning ...

Just wondering how come takes 3 court session to settle the case...

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Issue is dropping at NPC need to waste 1 hour making report....
If there is no queue...

Everytime when someone alight
Turn back and check for any dropped items...

Do not keep other people item for own use ....

Will get it from the law...

Not worth it...

It is a good practice to turn around and ask the alighting passenger, "Have you taken all your belongings?"

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phv drivers cannot do the same? Only can send back to rider or hq? If me, I will also just drop it at Npc if there is no need for a long report.

When it is not reasonably practical to return lost items to the rightful owner, Grab drivers should follow the code of conduct, that is to return the items to the Grab HQ.

If returning to HQ is also not reasonably practical, then to return the items to the nearest police post as soon as possible.

So, when a driver finds lost items in his vehicle, he has only three options:
1) Deliver them to the owner;
2) Deliver them to his HQ; or
3) Deliver them to the nearest police post.

Finders are not keepers in such cases.

Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A small fee ($25) for the return of a handphone ballooned into a fight.

—————
Contractor jailed for threatening Grab driver with car steering lock

SINGAPORE - Angry with a Grab driver for breaking his appointment to return a mobile phone which he had left behind, a contractor threatened the driver with a car steering lock and got into a fight with him.

On Tuesday (Feb 13), Malaysian Ng Seng Hui, 28, was sentenced to five months' jail after he admitted to criminal intimidation, affray and drug consumption. A mischief charge was taken into consideration during his sentencing.

It all started on June 2 last year, when Grab driver Muhammad Asrul Ja'afar, 25, picked up Ng and his Malaysian friend, Chai Kim Onn, 24, in his Honda Stream car, a court heard.

Ng, a construction contractor, left his mobile phone behind in the Honda after reaching his destination.

The next day, Ng contacted Asrul and suggested that he deliver the phone to him at a hotel in Geylang where he was staying. Ng offered to pay a small fee for it.

But Ng got unhappy when Asrul, who had at first arranged to to deliver the phone to Ng that evening, later asked to postpone the delivery as he received a "high fare'' job in Jurong.

Two days later, Asrul went to meet Ng at the hotel to deliver the phone.

Ng's friend Chai collected the phone and passed $25 to Asrul, who was waiting in his car with his wife.

But this was not the end of it, as Ng approached Asrul, armed with a car steering lock. Angry with the Grab driver for not keeping the previous appointment, Ng pointed the lock at Asrul and demanded that he alight from his car.

Asrul remained in the car as he was afraid that Ng would hurt his wife. Ng then used the steering lock to hit Asrul's car, causing a dent.

Asrul got out and punched Ng, who dodged and then fought back.

When Ng fell onto the pavement, Chai joined in the fight, and used a triangular vehicle breakdown sign to hit Asrul, who ended up punching Chai.

Asrul has also been charged with affray, but his case is pending.

A passing motorist separated the three parties. Asrul lodged a police report.

Asrul incurred $750 in repair costs and more than $8,000 in medical fees for a right knee injury which required surgery. Chai has been fined $1,000 for fighting in public.

Ng, who admitted taking drugs on March 22 last year, has a previous conviction for affray.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...il-for-drug-consumption-criminal-intimidation

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taxi course did teach drivers a trick or two to deal with such lost items and requesting for an upfront delivery charge is not recommended.

It is imo, that i rather leave it to grab office or taxi office. But die die pax rather i deliver to them personally so i ask for delivery charge lo.

sanchin

Reaction score
Kind enough just return the item to pax, fine enough to ask for a reasonable fee to make a extra trip. For me if pax don't agree with a reasonable fee, just return to grab office or police post tell pax they can go collect their item themselves which in a way will incur quite similar cost to get there.

No rush they can take public transportation lo.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Poor arsul! He should have stay in car and straight report to police. See how these hooligans wannabe get cuffed. Many ppl just as ungrateful as Ng!

Grab and uber shld come out with simple guideline for lost item found...

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He didn't keep the appointment la. Promised ppl meet still go take call.
Lol saying so, he deserved to be threatened?
Two wrongs don't make a right?

Think many need to go for anger's management course ba.

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He didn't keep the appointment la. Promised ppl meet still go take call.

Grab drivers' priority is to take rides first cos that's their livelihood, everything else is secondary.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.