Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can explain in layman terms ?

what is more forgiving ? what is fun sounding ?

i thought fit is just change the tips that you can insert your ear into,

they give 3 sizes and choose the one that suits best,

or is there something i am missing out ?

I use the default medium sized tips for my E8.

Idk if its just me but I find that sound quality is better when I do not push the eartip all the way in & feels more comfy too.

So far no issues with it being loose or anything. Stays in place pretty well for casual leisure use. I dont use it for sports so no comments.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
I am currently using it . I would say the sound quality is very very good.

Connecting to my phone or computer is smooth and easy.

I own both the Bose QC35 and the Bose free sound sport wireless. Of course QC35 gives better Noise Cancellation but in terms of audio performance, the sound sport stacks very closely.

It's not too bassy unlike the Studio 3 wireless my brother has. clarity is good and bass is tight and sufficient. You won't get the heavy feel unlike on Studio 3.
dont u feel the earbuds abit big and sticking out?

dayfornight

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've also backed this earbuds project.
But seeing the reviews from those who have received it, guess what we bet wrongly.

1) Devices not assemble properly
2) Slow/Cannot connect, or must maintain at a position to stay connect.
3) they send out white ERL logo earbuds.
4) none of the refund requester, got back their $$.

BTW I also received mail notification, but tracking link like useless.

Hi guys, I've given up hope on the ERL earbuds and decide to move on.
Any ideas will the Jabra elite 65T be good, anyone used their previous model? how's the sound quality like ?
This time they use Bluetooth 5.0 ver, connections should be better I guess?

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Jabra Elite 65t? User reviews have been great. Tempting to get one

Jabra Elite 65t and active 65t is not available in SG yet.
I had Elite Sports for 2 yrs now and had tried many various. I have JH16pro with Hugo and Mojo. So I do have certain preference on sound.
So far, running and sports Jabra elite sports sounded sweet. Especially fitted with spinfit. It’s sports feature is interesting and after 2 years of using, cannot live without the voice prompts on heart rate and other stats while I run.

I tried E8, imho terrible sounding for the price. I like their portable BT speakers but E8 is Super disappointing.

Bose SoundSport free sounded interesting. Had details but not much of sound stage. Problem is ambient sound. Feel basically doesn’t even cancel anything. It’s comfortable though, the thing is big and sticking out but should be ok for run.
Oh and one thing, you tend to want to play loud due to ambient noise.

Erato Apollo 7s has interesting sound signature given its size. It’s similar but not close to Jabra. Fit is ok, but need to be careful if you run and Ensure you have good fit. So far this is close to my preference for running. Setback is batt. Heard it can charge 4x but info on web is only twice.

Have not tried Bragi Dash Pro but would be interested.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
For those using TW, you might try the comply TW tips. They work well but do try spinfit true wireless tips.

They really make your TW sounds good. There are 3 sizes and I recommend you try them. Since they are made of special soft silicon you can wash them.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe the E8 didn’t fit my ear well but I didn’t like what I hear when I was auditioning true wireless earphones at Stereo. I tried Jabra Elite Sport, Bose soundsport free, jaybird run and e8. Only Jabra and Bose stands out for me. I was considering Bose but the fact that it’s not in ear bothers me as I need to block out ambient sound when I work out. Also, the protruding look looks abit weird.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I had Elite Sports for 2 yrs now and had tried many various. I have JH16pro with Hugo and Mojo. So I do have certain preference on sound.
So far, running and sports Jabra elite sports sounded sweet. Especially fitted with spinfit. It’s sports feature is interesting and after 2 years of using, cannot live without the voice prompts on heart rate and other stats while I run.

I tried E8, imho terrible sounding for the price. I like their portable BT speakers but E8 is Super disappointing.

Bose SoundSport free sounded interesting. Had details but not much of sound stage. Problem is ambient sound. Feel basically doesn’t even cancel anything. It’s comfortable though, the thing is big and sticking out but should be ok for run.

Erato Apollo 7s has interesting sound signature given its size. It’s similar but not close to Jabra. Fit is ok, but need to be careful if you run and Ensure you have good fit. So far this is close to my preference for running. Setback is batt. Heard it can charge 4x but info on web is only twice.

I do not agreed the E8 sounds bad. Infact after trying so many True wireless earbuds, E8 is currently my favourite. Very detailed sound and very comparable to a $200 wired earpiece.

Many people have problems with the E8s due to pairing problems. I ever encountered the E8 switching from high quality sound mode to very harsh sounding quality due to interference. Are you testing correctly?

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You made me rethink about my decision again.
Many people have problems with the E8s due to pairing problems. I ever encountered the E8 switching from high quality sound mode to very harsh sounding quality due to interference. Are you testing correctly?

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
You made me rethink about my decision again.

Just follow my pairing guide and you are good to go. The E8 are the best TW now.

1. They have very very minimal video lag. Infact the best now on the market.
2. The sound quality is the best I have tested. I am using the comply 200 comfort tips.
3. They have 4 hours plus battery life. Personally tested at 50% volume.
4. 2 years warranty
5. Voice pass through very good. You can talk without removing the earbuds. And they do not lag.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whats your pairing guide?
Just follow my pairing guide and you are good to go. The E8 are the best TW now.

1. They have very very minimal video lag. Infact the best now on the market.
2. The sound quality is the best I have tested. I am using the comply 200 comfort tips.
3. They have 4 hours plus battery life. Personally tested at 50% volume.
4. 2 years warranty
5. Voice pass through very good. You can talk without removing the earbuds. And they do not lag.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
I do not agreed the E8 sounds bad. Infact after trying so many True wireless earbuds, E8 is currently my favourite. Very detailed sound and very comparable to a $200 wired earpiece.

We did test various and re pair it.
Using tidal and such. The sound signature doesn’t match its price. IMHO.
I Guess it’s my sound preference. Each his own.
I had again retested it in Germany Frankfurt airport. Same. I do not particularly like it’s sound signatures even after tuning it in Beoplay App

If you have “special” way of pairing. I will retry it.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Maybe the E8 didn’t fit my ear well but I didn’t like what I hear when I was auditioning true wireless earphones at Stereo. I tried Jabra Elite Sport, Bose soundsport free, jaybird run and e8. Only Jabra and Bose stands out for me. I was considering Bose but the fact that it’s not in ear bothers me as I need to block out ambient sound when I work out. Also, the protruding look looks abit weird.

Interesting, your finding is similar to mine. You should try erato Apollo 7s. It will be interesting too.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Whats your pairing guide?

1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
We did test various and re pair it.
Using tidal and such. The sound signature doesn’t match its price. IMHO.
I Guess it’s my sound preference. Each his own.
I had again retested it in Germany Frankfurt airport. Same. I do not particularly like it’s sound signatures even after tuning it in Beoplay App

If you have “special” way of pairing. I will retry it.

Yes. I agreed that some might not like the sound signature. I buy to test and do not loan from the manufacturers so I believed I am very fair in my opinions.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So my IconX 2018 that I placed order for on 4/2 in Qoo10 (Seller: Gold Medal, anyone has experience with this seller?) had been stuck at Shipping Requested. Not getting this by CNY, while not life and death, will be very irritating as I'm going on a trip and being to bring it along will be a bonus. I had just told them that if it's not delivered by CNY when reviews are saying that deliver are done in 2-3 days, then I'm going to charge back it.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
So my IconX 2018 that I placed order for on 4/2 in Qoo10 (Seller: Gold Medal, anyone has experience with this seller?) had been stuck at Shipping Requested. Not getting this by CNY, while not life and death, will be very irritating as I'm going on a trip and being to bring it along will be a bonus. I had just told them that if it's not delivered by CNY when reviews are saying that deliver are done in 2-3 days, then I'm going to charge back it.

I got mine in 3 days lol, delivery came on a saturday. Gold medal. But i bought it quite some months ago. From my experience they can take quite long to reply to enquiries :s22:

13luetooth

Reaction score
thanks for the review. im interested in jabra too. but cant decide if i should wait for elite 65t or just get elite sports. they dont seems to compare these 2 type of wireless earbud. Hence i have no idea whats the selling point between these 2.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those using TW, you might try the comply TW tips. They work well but do try spinfit true wireless tips.

They really make your TW sounds good. There are 3 sizes and I recommend you try them. Since they are made of special soft silicon you can wash them.

Noob Q. Whats TW? True wireless:s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.