2017 LG OLED

loooousyloser

Reaction score
you can only pray that your tv dont get burn mark cause is stated Clearly in Lg warranty that burn mark is not covered by warranty. The salesperson shall let you KNOW BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. if he did not let you know about burn mark issue then is something wrong. is the only trust we get from the salesperson. if you bought without him telling you about burn mark issue with oled , he will pray hard that your tv will not get burn mark within 3 years.. after 3 years, you complain also no use by then. Another issue is black detail not visible when movie is dark.. background and object will be flush by the black, no details given

Jo1818

Reaction score
you can only pray that your tv dont get burn mark cause is stated Clearly in Lg warranty that burn mark is not covered by warranty. The salesperson shall let you KNOW BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. if he did not let you know about burn mark issue then is something wrong. is the only trust we get from the salesperson. if you bought without him telling you about burn mark issue with oled , he will pray hard that your tv will not get burn mark within 3 years.. after 3 years, you complain also no use by then. Another issue is black detail not visible when movie is dark.. background and object will be flush by the black, no details given

You salesperson also right

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
Can keep track of this site testing 2017 LG Oleds ..
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

The previous one for 2016 models running 20hrs a day with static logo is here ,
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled
.. The Oleds had burn in after about 4 weeks in that ..
The new test is more realistic .

Btw I got a 2017 LG Oled, bought last Nov.. no burn in issues.

I also had a LG plasma for 7 years, plasma supposed to get burn in but I didn't notice any burn in after 7 years also.
i actually had a very old Panasonic plasma tv.

those big old TV literally is like floorstanding tv.

I've like forgotten how the image quality was like but there was no burn in issue at all despite my mum only uses it for channel 8 every 9pm, except temporarily retentions.

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
That is why don't even bother the obvious troll. Salesperson here salesperson there. For all you know, a salesperson has a quota such as to sell the other brands. So they'll try their best to sell those lesser brands in order to get more commission so they'll say anything to get it.

No statistics = no proof.

You want to say it is prone to burn in, yet you do not even own an OLED TV. Look at your phones. Got OLED burn in yet?
Look at this thread. Has there been any user for the past 1 year from the C7's launch that have complained about burn-in? Exactly. As far as I can tell, none. So your words will still remain empty.

OLED is the future. It has happened for the mobile phone market with now the majority of our phone screens made of OLED.
And now the same is applying for TVs with Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba having also started selling their own version of OLED TV lines.

To add on, for gaming, nothing beats an OLED in terms of latency in the TV shootout. This is because there is no need to power both the panel and backlight in LED TVs which results in higher latency vs an OLED's direct to pixel transmission.

Having the chance to own a slim panel with great visual contrast and still get a boost to power savings is really great for a country like Singapore where we still depend on coal and with the 60% increase in electricity bills where for example, 1kW = $1.60 now and 2kW = $3.20 as opposed to $2 before, I'll say, the pros outweigh the cons which are also not as apparent as you make it out to be.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tipically sales person will not let you know this. They will tell you the new OLED TV has something call "clean panel" option after you power off the TV. But they would also not letting you know this will also shorten TV panel live span.

If the saleman tell you there is no burn mark issue, then ask him why such a function is needed and it has a option to "clean manually" or "automatically at each power off".

In the end, this is something you have to strick a balance, ie price over useful life span vs picture quality.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why don't even bother the obvious troll. Salesperson here salesperson there. For all you know, a salesperson has a quota such as to sell the other brands. So they'll try their best to sell those lesser brands in order to get more commission so they'll say anything to get it.

No statistics = no proof.

You want to say it is prone to burn in, yet you do not even own an OLED TV. Look at your phones. Got OLED burn in yet?
Look at this thread. Has there been any user for the past 1 year from the C7's launch that have complained about burn-in? Exactly. As far as I can tell, none. So your words will still remain empty.

OLED is the future. It has happened for the mobile phone market with now the majority of our phone screens made of OLED.
And now the same is applying for TVs with Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba having also started selling their own version of OLED TV lines.

To add on, for gaming, nothing beats an OLED in terms of latency in the TV shootout. This is because there is no need to power both the panel and backlight in LED TVs which results in higher latency vs an OLED's direct to pixel transmission.

Having the chance to own a slim panel with great visual contrast and still get a boost to power savings is really great for a country like Singapore where we still depend on coal and with the 60% increase in electricity bills where for example, 1kW = $1.60 now and 2kW = $3.20 as opposed to $2 before, I'll say, the pros outweigh the cons which are also not as apparent as you make it out to be.

Just go to those handphone shop to look at those OLED screen type handphone to see how OLED birn mark.
With regard to power consumption. Easy way is to go to those major outlet. Side by side with same screen size. You will notice the different. Actual $ different may not be great each year. But do remember power consumption=heat generate.

nsd123

Reaction score
LG 55C7 Observations

Hi

Just got a LG 55 C7 seated 2m from TV. My observations:

- Sound quality is pretty good. May be my last Sony 50" LCD was terrible to begin with. I have good stereo speaker setup - may be I should get a sound-bar to complement. I also got an old subwoofer. Thinking of Yamaha 107. Not interested in a 5.1 setup.
- HD FTA channel quality is not good. I am not sure if its really HD. I don't see any HD logo but the guide says it's HD. Anyway to confirm?
- What are the best settings for motion to avoid stutter?
- Shadow detail could be better.
- Little greenish on ISF dark/bright.

Overall pretty pleased with the purchase.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

- Sound quality is pretty good. May be my last Sony 50" LCD was terrible to begin with. I have good stereo speaker setup - may be I should get a sound-bar to complement. I also got an old subwoofer. Thinking of Yamaha 107. Not interested in a 5.1 setup.
- HD FTA channel quality is not good. I am not sure if its really HD. I don't see any HD logo but the guide says it's HD. Anyway to confirm?

I refer to these settings from professional calibrators.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-oled55b7v-best-tv-picture-settings.2106641/

I followed the Day (Expert ISF Bright Room) and Game (Game) settings for SDR and HDR Movie (Cinema) and HDR Game (Game) settings for HDR Content. This is so that I can switch to Game profiles fast whenever I am using the PC to game instead of watching videos.

My preference for White Balance is Medium to Cool since most videos are filmed Digitally and doesn't have the obnoxiously yellow tint (from old recordings on film) that is supposedly the colour accurate representation of old movies. But I doubt current movies or TV drama or Youtube videos or even games are supposed to look that yellowish. But again, White Balance is personal preference.

To avoid motion stutter, under the Expert ISF Bright Room (SDR) and Cinema (HDR) settings, I'll have TruMotion set to User and De-Judder set to 3 and De-Blur set to 10.
For me personally, 3 strikes a balance of fluid motion but not have the soap-opera effect.

From this year, the HD digital channels will not state HD. However, if you connect the old TV cable, you'll see that the low res channels will state 'Analogue' on the channel watermark.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

you dont need a soundbar if you alr have stereo speakers.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u r better off with the built in harman speakers den buying yamaha 107

Hi

nsd123

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to AVSForum. Really good to sort out the motion settings etc. When I watch a Netflix Dolby Vision the brightness is unbelievable. I don't know so many people complain about the lack of brightness - it's plenty.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to AVSForum. Really good to sort out the motion settings etc. When I watch a Netflix Dolby Vision the brightness is unbelievable. I don't know so many people complain about the lack of brightness - it's plenty.
Actually Only a handful of them complain.. Likely they are blind mouses ..

jirundop

Reaction score
How to get $3199 with $780 e voucher? My friend paid $3999

it's tricky. You can get 780 e-vouchers only after you pay 3,999. unless you already have 780 e-vouchers then you can use this exiting e-voucher to offset the 3,999 price

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's tricky. You can get 780 e-vouchers only after you pay 3,999. unless you already have 780 e-vouchers then you can use this exiting e-voucher to offset the 3,999 price

The way they advertise is misleading. Audio house as usual. Lol!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.