[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin301

Reaction score
anyone who is there now, is Taipei very cold? Will be heading there this thurs.

Will a long sleeve shirt and a fleece jacket work?

Thanks!

wah need fleece jacket meh ? :eek:
I see the 7-day forecast on Taiwan Weather Bureau site. Up till the weekend, temperature range is 14-24deg. Quite decent. No need fleece jacket ba.

Last edited:

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
B7NnNGL.jpg

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone who is there now, is Taipei very cold? Will be heading there this thurs.

Will a long sleeve shirt and a fleece jacket work?

Thanks!

This morning 12℃. Now abt 16℃.
Yang ming shan is cold though. Veri windy!

I wear uniqlo windproof outer jacket and one adidas jacket.

kevin301

Reaction score
Wa lao!
U must know not the temperature, but the wind that is super cooling lor.

haha agree.
Probably will bring along my super-thin rain jacket which can double up as a wind jacket.
Looking forward to not sweating whilst cycling.

By the way, I have a general question about itinerary.
Would it be possible to fit Jiufen (old street), Shifen (waterfall), sky lanterns (with dusk or nightfall as a backdrop), and Keelung Night Market into a single day's itinerary?

Travel will be via public transport preferably, or else next option is via car/van with driver if that speeds things up.

I was thinking Jiufen around late morning till lunch, then Shifen, then (I think) Pingxi (?) before heading to Keelung.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha agree.
Probably will bring along my super-thin rain jacket which can double up as a wind jacket.

Would it be possible to fit Jiufen (old street), Shifen (waterfall), sky lanterns (with dusk or nightfall as a backdrop), and Keelung Night Market into a single day's itinerary?

Travel will be via public transport preferably, or else next option is via car/van with driver if that speeds things up.

I was thinking Jiufen around late morning till lunch, then Shifen, then (I think) Pingxi (?) before heading to Keelung.

With driver of cus can but I not sure if include pingxi can or not, the rest confirm can

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha agree.

Can do.
Only a matter of what time you reach back to taipei .

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the weather in taichung is getting warmer now....

typical is 15~20 in the day....

12~14 in the night.....

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all.. need some advices on my itinerary..

Day 1 - Reach taoyuan airport and take HSR to taichung

Day 2 - Taichung to Cingjing minsu (any recommendations for driver?)

Day 3 - Cingjing minsu

Day 4 - Cingjing minsu to flying cow ranch(Miaoli) (any recommendations for driver?)

Day 5 - Flying cow ranch to taipei (any recommendations for driver?)

After day 5 onwards will be at taipei.. just wanna ask for recommendations for driver or just book a local taxi? And whats the market rate like?

call uber to qingjing minsu is around 4k, taxi is pretty expensive here.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So next time i buy bubble tea..other than asking me want buy plastic bag..will ask want buy straw as well?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha agree.

I planning to do the same, Jiufen, Shifen and Keelung Night Market. Will take cab back if too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.