Attend 19/20 RT - new window open but no charge?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What I understand is that it is your unit that charge - CMPB just handle that's all.

I don't think my chances are good - because they are really anal with the (given 1 year to complete) policy. No extend by 1-2 days, not even allowed to clear one RT session on a IPT park Friday. I didn't even know the RT extension was removed (used to be able to extend by 2 weeks).

Just suay that the allotted time I have to clear it falls on last week of December- the week all FCC is closed.

I managed to contact my unit, though my OC will try to waive, but chances are slim cause in the higher up eyes, not complete means not complete, doesn't matter 19/20 or not. I don't have a valid reason other than carelessness on my part for not noticing when the FCC closed.

I know that if no choice but to go CMPB - can only hope they honor the "reset" and see this as my first time, instead of my third.
This is confusing. Is this your first time or third time? If third time there's really no excuse.

shiryuu28

Reaction score
This is confusing. Is this your first time or third time? If third time there's really no excuse.

I don't know. I only know that there was a reset of all previous Defaulter charges when they transitioned from 5 station ippt to 3 station ippt.

So if this reset is valid - then it will be the first. Or not it will be 3rd.

Again, no one can give me a clear definition so yea, I am expecting worse case scenario now.

Calander

Reaction score
I don't know. I only know that there was a reset of all previous Defaulter charges when they transitioned from 5 station ippt to 3 station ippt.

So if this reset is valid - then it will be the first. Or not it will be 3rd.

Again, no one can give me a clear definition so yea, I am expecting worse case scenario now.

If i wasn't wrong, this "reset privilege" was given about 3 years ago. So possibly this is your 3rd time under the window revised regimentation.

And the only person who can give u the clearest definition and your current situation will be your Unit. Do not ask NS hotline for answers but ask them to inform your Unit to contact u.

shiryuu28

Reaction score
If i wasn't wrong, this "reset privilege" was given about 3 years ago. So possibly this is your 3rd time under the window revised regimentation.

And the only person who can give u the clearest definition and your current situation will be your Unit. Do not ask NS hotline for answers but ask them to inform your Unit to contact u.

My unit also can't give me a clear answer. I only know I defaulted twice during the 5 station Era. In the 3 station Era, this is the first. Is it that difficult to understand? And yes, when they say the criteria to reset is to clear IPPT/RT/IPT back then - I Chiong for that.

Anyway with all this overhaul thing, I don't even know if the reset is honoured or not anymore.

And I accept worst case scenario now.

Can delete the thread now - thanks.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My unit also can't give me a clear answer. I only know I defaulted twice during the 5 station Era. In the 3 station Era, this is the first. Is it that difficult to understand? And yes, when they say the criteria to reset is to clear IPPT/RT/IPT back then - I Chiong for that.

Anyway with all this overhaul thing, I don't even know if the reset is honoured or not anymore.

And I accept worst case scenario now.

Can delete the thread now - thanks.
Decisions can be painful.

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
IPT - 10 session/year
RT - 20-D sessions/year

Both has 1/2 day svc pay.

your fren is only half right. check NS portal for information instead.

It's the same.

IPT - 10 sessions/year
RT - 20 sessions/2 years

The average is 10 sessions a year.

RT and IPT people are doing the same training together in the FCCs.

Tombstonewan

Reaction score
It's the same.

IPT - 10 sessions/year
RT - 20 sessions/2 years

The average is 10 sessions a year.

RT and IPT people are doing the same training together in the FCCs.

Real story btw, fren of mine ganna charged for IPPT default 5x. Give some c&b sob story and got away with $300 fine. Happens this year

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u have an upcoming ICT? best if u get it handle via unit during ict (by yr co/of/S1) where u can plead leniency with yr 19/20 attendance. (can be waived or just charged with fines).

if handled by cmpb, I can only say good luck

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5S using GAGT

shiryuu28

Reaction score
I just thought I will update you guys about the status - and hope that those who are in the same situation as me can take the same measure.

My OC updated me that my UNIT decide to waive the charges for making attempts to complete my session.

First, I like to say that NS Portal no longer provide contact number to your UNIT since they remove MyUNIT module.

Your UNIT can consider to waive off charges if you make effort to complete it. You can take the following steps:

- Call the NS hotline -> Tell them that you want to speak to your Unit regarding your RT Defaulter matters. --> Customer support will always say that they don't provide the number -- you ask them to provide you your Camp Contact number instead (like if you from Kranji Camp, ask them for Kranji Camp general number instead of your UNIT contact number in Kranji Camp) They can provide those number.

- When you contact your Camp, tell the person that you would like to speak to your UNIT regarding your RT Defaulter. They will provide you the UNIT number.

- From there, you see if you can get your UNIT POC(point of contact) to direct you to your OC/CO regarding this matter. Because only they can help you.

- Once you get hold of your OC/CO, he will ask you to provide supporting documents why you can't complete. At this point, it is really see if your OC/CO is garrang or compassionate. I was fortunate that my CO was compassionate. If you don't have supporting documents, you better have a good excuse (like for me, I tell my CO that I was not aware the last week of December the FCC was closed (this is true), which made me unable to complete, but this excuse is likely ONLY applicable to those windows closing in January - Early Feb).

- They will take like 7 working days to process your case - at least it is for me, so I believe it should be the same. Which is why, it is best you contact them as soon as you receive the SMS that state your window is closed.

Hope this information can help. Note that this is only for RT defaulter who missed by 1 or 2 session - if you miss more than that, then excuse won't help at all, only supporting documents.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just thought I will update you guys about the status - and hope that those who are in the same situation as me can take the same measure.

My OC updated me that my UNIT decide to waive the charges for making attempts to complete my session.

First, I like to say that NS Portal no longer provide contact number to your UNIT since they remove MyUNIT module.

Your UNIT can consider to waive off charges if you make effort to complete it. You can take the following steps:

- Call the NS hotline -> Tell them that you want to speak to your Unit regarding your RT Defaulter matters. --> Customer support will always say that they don't provide the number -- you ask them to provide you your Camp Contact number instead (like if you from Kranji Camp, ask them for Kranji Camp general number instead of your UNIT contact number in Kranji Camp) They can provide those number.

- When you contact your Camp, tell the person that you would like to speak to your UNIT regarding your RT Defaulter. They will provide you the UNIT number.

- From there, you see if you can get your UNIT POC(point of contact) to direct you to your OC/CO regarding this matter. Because only they can help you.

- Once you get hold of your OC/CO, he will ask you to provide supporting documents why you can't complete. At this point, it is really see if your OC/CO is garrang or compassionate. I was fortunate that my CO was compassionate. If you don't have supporting documents, you better have a good excuse (like for me, I tell my CO that I was not aware the last week of December the FCC was closed (this is true), which made me unable to complete, but this excuse is likely ONLY applicable to those windows closing in January - Early Feb).

- They will take like 7 working days to process your case - at least it is for me, so I believe it should be the same. Which is why, it is best you contact them as soon as you receive the SMS that state your window is closed.

Hope this information can help. Note that this is only for RT defaulter who missed by 1 or 2 session - if you miss more than that, then excuse won't help at all, only supporting documents.
I'm glad that they waived off the charges, cos you did make effort to do all but the last session. :)

supersimon82

Reaction score
Check with you guys ar . Say i default my RT last year. This year kena charge . I pay fine liao . This year I need to complete RT or can just take IPPT, fail liao next yr RT ?

This year last cycle sia . But MR usually will be next yr march/april

shiryuu28

Reaction score
Check with you guys ar . Say i default my RT last year. This year kena charge . I pay fine liao . This year I need to complete RT or can just take IPPT, fail liao next yr RT ?

This year last cycle sia . But MR usually will be next yr march/april

It's still RT. NS portal has a summary what you can book in your current window.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.