Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

Honker

Reaction score
Day 1 (perth hotel)

DAY 2(perth hotel)
Fermantle Area
Fremantle Prison
Fremantle Market
Kailis

Kings Park & Botanic Garden
Around Hay Street, try the Murray and Hay Street malls for some window shopping.
You can actually walk from Hay Street to Kings Park with the steep steps leading to the park

Drivers take note, car parks can be found in the multi- storey carpark adjacent to Fremantle markets or around the compound of Fremantle Prison.

DAY 3(perth hotel)

The Pinnacle

DAY 4 (Mar Hotel)
Margaret river day 1
-stop at Busselton Jetty
Perth to MR - stop by Bunbury, Dunsborough and lighthouse

DAY 5(Mar Hotel)
Margaret river day 2

DAY 6(perth hotel)
Margaret river day 3

DAY 7

Hi Guys,

The above is a rough idea of our itenrary. I am going with a friend and we have never been to perth before. We are looking to rant a car and drive ourselves around. Any opinions or advise please. especially at stopovers during the drive and what to do at Margaret river.

Bro,

DAY 2 - Try Rottnest Island, it is awesome but this would have taken up at least 8 hours of time of including travelling and touring the island.

DAY 3 - Going to Pinnacle, stop by Lancelin Sand Dune to try their sand board skiing! It was thrilling and nice place for photo!

DAY 4 - Bear in mind Cape Naturaliste lighthouse closes at 4pm or so, be there early or you make a waste trip. I prefer heading to Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse though, great view!

At Margaret, try the chocolate factory, White Elephant Cafe and also Hamelin Bay Stingray (bear in mind to go there during low tide, or the rays would not come near to shore)! Also to go Augusta via Cave Road(wonderful drive). I just came back from there, currently writing up a blog which may take several weeks to complete the whole of South western Australia. You may take a tip of two from there. https://watravelblog.com/

And also, for car rental, all payable via credit card, no cash. Cheers!

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
DAY 2 - Try Rottnest Island, it is awesome but this would have taken up at least 8 hours of time of including travelling and touring the island.

I don't think it's worth the trip. The ferry isn't cheap, takes quite a bit of time to travel to and from the island, and you'll see plenty of coastal scenery near the Margaret River area. Well, if you die die must see wild quokkas, then you pretty much have to go to Rottnest, but if you're travelling around the south west already, it's not really worth spending a valuable day out there.

lawlee

Reaction score
Hi. Is it hard to grabtaxi a cab in the morning like 630am? Or better to advance booking a day beforehand?

chows99

Reaction score
Hi guys,

$550 for SQ to Perth, is this price a good price or can go lower for better promotions? Thanks for sharing.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

$550 for SQ to Perth, is this price a good price or can go lower for better promotions? Thanks for sharing.

IMHO, that's actually a rather vague question because prices are different depending on the season. ie. peak periods like around public holidays or school holidays will definitely cost more. It also depends on how far in advance you book because the cheaper fare buckets would still be available.

I've seen slightly lower fares but I think $550 is reasonable.

chows99

Reaction score
Hi Swatchie, thanks for your reply.

How about $445 taking Qantas during June holiday period.is the fare considered a good deal?

chows99

Reaction score
Hi all,

I plan to stay 2N at margaret river. Any affordable places to recommend?

spurman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I plan to stay 2N at margaret river. Any affordable places to recommend?

Taunton family park... farm stay too... price is affordable.... if u have a family of 4... good too.. have many 2 bedrooms cottages to choose

gnooliew

Reaction score
Planning a 4 day trip with my wife over the Mar good friday weekend. Any suggested itinerary?

Not so interested to see vineyards, should i skip MR? Drive or day tour both ok.

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 days is extremely short. At least stay 1 night in MR, caves, lookout, walks etc.

Then another day in Perth/Fremantle, that's about it.

dlimye

Reaction score
I think should stay one night at least in MR. I liked it more than expected when I was there.

gnooliew

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, MR looks interesting.. I am staying 2 nights to explore the region.

What is the data sim options and costs at Perth airport? Anything suitable for 4-5 days? something with free local calls would be good too.. to contact my airbnb host..

Planning a 4 day trip with my wife over the Mar good friday weekend. Any suggested itinerary?

Not so interested to see vineyards, should i skip MR? Drive or day tour both ok.

spurman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, MR looks interesting.. I am staying 2 nights to explore the region.

What is the data sim options and costs at Perth airport? Anything suitable for 4-5 days? something with free local calls would be good too.. to contact my airbnb host..

Airport have a telco shop. Should have a 5 days for 10 dollars plan

dlimye

Reaction score
Yup just buy from the perth airport. You'll see it once you get out. If i don't rmb wrongly, its like 10 dollars for 5 days ($2 a day). you can get an additional $2 free if you booked airbnb during your trip in Australia

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there anything to do in the morning? Because my flight will reach Perth at around 530am

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
hello guys, i need help for my first trip to perth.
assuming my flight will reach PER at 0515am and i got full 6 days...
1person driving for the whole trip.
tickets haven't book but i feel 6 days seem alot? because day5-6 ive no idea what else to add in :s12:

Day1
Collect car from Perth Airport
King's Park and Botanic Garden
Lunch at Lamia Cafe
Caversham Wildlife Park
Sandalford Winery Estate
Dinner at
Check-in Airbnb in Perth City

Day2
Check-out Airbnb in Perth
Drive to Mandurah as a stopover - 1hr10mins
Breakfast at Mandurah Miami Bakehouse
Margaret River Dairy Company - 5mins
Bettenay's Margaret River Nougat Company - 4mins
Lunch at Watershed Cafe
Wine Tasting at Voyager Estate Winery
Margaret River Fudge Factory
Dinner at GoodFella's Cafe
Shop supplies at Coles

Day3
Breakfast at Margaret River Bakery
Sugarloaf Rock
Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
Jewel Cave
Lunch at Cafe Boranup / Colonial Brewing
Boranup Forest Drive
Hamelin Bay Beach
Dinner at The Noshery

Day4
Drive to Canal Rocks Road
Bypass Yallingup, Dunsborough, Eagle bay (Sightseeing)
Busselton Jetty
- Catch the 10am tour schedule for underwater observatory & jetty train
Breakfast at The Goose
Drive to Fremantle
Farmer's Market on Manning
Fremantle Markets
Fremantle Prison
Lunch at Kailis Fish & Chip
What else to add after this?

Day5
nil

Day6
nil

Day7
0626am flight back to sin

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go all the way to Albany and work your way back to MR

lioney

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uber competitors

Do you know other ride-sharing in Perth beside Uber?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.