[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

Greenworm

Reaction score
Bring fire! Kirin is very weak to it! Equip your meow meow with a elderseal weapon instead, it does the job well too!

From what I learned is that elderseal tends to delay some special moves that elder dragons uses so it’s not gonna kill them faster.

Elemental advantage against them is what i’ll go to! It kills em quickly end effectively!

Thanks good tips. Got carted so many times.

Will try it later. Assuming if I had a choice of fire element vs elder seal weapon... Which should I use?

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone can share with me, wat should i craft for HR armor when im on HR lvl 11? but im a gunner so need some advise or something i can read on?
Better find those armor with skills to aid your hunt. Just the way I look for armor.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Hi! Bringing a good fire elemental might help alot! Also with an Elderseal weapon you could reduce the chance Kirin surrounds itself with lighting which thickens its body and cause your hit to bounce ( This is especially deadly since Kirin can counter attack very swiftly).

Since this elderdragon has a small weak spot on it’s head and it’s extremely nimble, we found that a greatsword with critical draw skill works best for em.

Run around and avoid the crackling thunder strikes and land a well placed single critical hit on it’s head and roll away until immediately. Avoid being greedy overchain your attacks because Kirin might shift itself and cause you to hit its body and bounce you off, which again can be a fatal mistake.

Bring nulberrys, which can also be found the area where you’re fighting Kirin. It’s the next time you’ll need after your thunderblight mantle.

After you’re struck by it’s lighting attacks, you’ll get thunderblight which cause monster’s attack so occasional stuns you, this is the main cause of death unless your teammates or meow meow comes to your rescue!

Good luck brother/sister!

i only hr11, the event quest require you to kill 2 kirins. dun have elderseal weapons. using greatsword and keep rolling around then die liao.

Greenworm

Reaction score
Bring fire! They melt very fast one. Just keep trying don’t give up.

The time go play aggressive is when one Kirin leaves the area!

i only hr11, the event quest require you to kill 2 kirins. dun have elderseal weapons. using greatsword and keep rolling around then die liao.

Tobecontinue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Element weakness is ok but it is just a bonus. Do not neglect raw damage. Elemental damage need to divide by 10. Only very fast weapon the elemental damage is consider decent. For the rest of the weapon it’s just consider bonus damage so no need to focus too much on it.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone finish the last monster already?
Can I check does it mean the game is over? Seems a little too short?

grahf23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone finish the last monster already?
Can I check does it mean the game is over? Seems a little too short?
Finishing off the last monster just means tutorial finished liao

Sent from 一哭二闹三上悠亚 using GAGT

Greenworm

Reaction score
Element weakness is ok but it is just a bonus. Do not neglect raw damage. Elemental damage need to divide by 10. Only very fast weapon the elemental damage is consider decent. For the rest of the weapon it’s just consider bonus damage so no need to focus too much on it.

Yes you do have a point there!

Let's hope we get the Cera Cymmetry soon!

tiewkiat

Reaction score
For the SFV event, I have the save file, but the event is not showing in game. Anyone has the same issue? I tried going to Gathering Hub as a reddit post suggest but still no quest.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
For the SFV event, I have the save file, but the event is not showing in game. Anyone has the same issue? I tried going to Gathering Hub as a reddit post suggest but still no quest.
Your SFV same region as your MHW? (I don't have either, just guessing at the cause.)

Saw one video:

wah lau, each gesture selling s$5.40 :eek:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.