Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX1983

Reaction score
Great, I bought it too. . Bro.. Can u test if u can get sound from the rear speakers when u play music via bluetooth? Mine is pretty soft, seems like it only works when u are playing atmos content which I don't have.. Haha

Haha mine haven’t deliver yet. :s13: What’s ur setup for the tv and player?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Great, I bought it too. . Bro.. Can u test if u can get sound from the rear speakers when u play music via bluetooth? Mine is pretty soft, seems like it only works when u are playing atmos content which I don't have.. Haha

Are you the type that expects a 'stereo' sound to come out even at the back speakers?

I guess you can mess with the effects option to upconvert the stereo content to play on all speakers but for me with my Logitech Z906, I just click the effect to copy the front stereo and play it at the back since my rear speakers closer to me allowing me to play music at a softer volume but still sound loud to me.

Then I just go back to the normal surround when watching movies that plays 5.1 surround audio and above.

Best of luck in finding the right effect for you since I have no knowledge of the ST5000 effects.

Jamesky

Reaction score
I was following forums of Samsung K950 before but due to the firmware issue, I went for the wired option..

Anyway.. I just went to BD in Taka last weekend.. sat down on the Samsung K950 display area.. . I guess the firmware caught up already and I was impressed by the atmos demo sound.. $1599 (with a $200 voucher) is a great price btw.

mjzsakae

Reaction score
Haha mine haven’t deliver yet. :s13: What’s ur setup for the tv and player?

I am intending to play movies from my laptop. I will be connecting the output from laptop to a hdmi splitter and send one hdmi signal to soundbar and one to a projector. New house not ready yet, so haven't set it up yet. Just playing with the speakers alone now.. 😁

mjzsakae

Reaction score
Are you the type that expects a 'stereo' sound to come out even at the back speakers?

I guess you can mess with the effects option to upconvert the stereo content to play on all speakers but for me with my Logitech Z906, I just click the effect to copy the front stereo and play it at the back since my rear speakers closer to me allowing me to play music at a softer volume but still sound loud to me.

Then I just go back to the normal surround when watching movies that plays 5.1 surround audio and above.

Best of luck in finding the right effect for you since I have no knowledge of the ST5000 effects.

Yeah. If it's possible that would be great. Tried all combinations. Can't get it to work on Bluetooth man.. Maybe I shld call Samsung and ask.. Hmm

Jench1745

Reaction score
I have a YSP2500. Thinking of upgrading to something better. On TV mode its not bad, but for music when playing from bluetooth, the stereo is lacking. Any recommendation for a better sound bar that is good for tv and music?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a YSP2500. Thinking of upgrading to something better. On TV mode its not bad, but for music when playing from bluetooth, the stereo is lacking. Any recommendation for a better sound bar that is good for tv and music?

Usually Soundbar are for movies/games than music.
I prefer you just get a Hifi like Denon M41, Sony CMT-SX7 and etc.
for music listening.

Bookshelf speakers tend to handle music much better than Soundbar.

petetherock

Reaction score

There's a limit as to how good a soundbar can reproduce music. A half decent AVR with a nice centre and a 5.1 system will do much better..
Just think of that large center speaker as a big SB..

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between the Sony HT-CT390 and LG SJ6, which is better? Price wise, both are quite close. Or is there a better alternative in the same price range?

Thanks!

Samfreak

Reaction score
My current LG TV cannot 'project' dialogues. So I always have to turn up the volume to hear the dialogue, then turn down the volume when the dialogue's over because the other sounds - like music - gets too loud.. Its very inconvenient and a real pain. Will a soundbar help with 'louder' dialogue so I can listen without having to turn up the overall volume?

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggestion for Soundbar

Hi guys,

Any recommendation for speaker setup for projector?
my projector screen has no wall socket at all meaning i cannot have a front firing speaker.
I am looking for sound bar to mount on top of my couch or a stereo speaker around it.

Please let me know if u guys have any suggestion.

TIA

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

my projector screen has no wall socket at all meaning i cannot have a front firing speaker.
I am looking for sound bar to mount on top of my couch or a stereo speaker around it.

TIA

Soundbar will have issue with projector since it doesn't have ARC.
Best go for AVR, if you are tight on budget.
There are AVR below $1.5, why AVR?

Some model have monitor out port which connects to projector
since it don't ARC.
Another thing to do take is audio routing.

If you get a Soundbar that doesn't have multiple inputs like HDMI.
Example like Sonos playbar, all the connection have to direct to the projector.

It will be cable mess and if you want to add HDMI device.
You have lay a new cable up to the projector.
AVR wise any new device just connect to it.

I don't want to share how some places projector audio system are setup.
As those are far more complicated and expensive.
The concept is same with projector and a AVR and cheaper.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

TIA
你嘅投影屏幕係唔係有小小洞仔嘅呀?
好似。。。
128659282491397587486653.jpg

係嘅話。。。

如果你有影視擴音機,你用喱個嘍
$_20.jpg

DEF.TECH SSA42 / 50​

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
你嘅投影屏幕係唔係有小小洞仔嘅呀?
好似。。。
128659282491397587486653.jpg

係嘅話。。。

如果你有影視擴音機,你用喱個嘍
$_20.jpg

DEF.TECH SSA42 / 50​

放荧幕那面墙没有电插头,音响只能放在我沙发的上方

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
(華) 從我一個對於DefTech喇叭有深入瞭解的前同事資訊分享中知道,DefTech這SSA系列聲叭完全不是一般靠電力驅動的多聲道聲叭,沒有任何環繞音響處理。還是要靠你的多聲道擴音機驅動的。那麽屏幕那片墻沒有電插座,沒問題。

我上網看了一下,瞭解瞭解。。。雖然抄下英語網頁資訊再用估狗翻譯,得到的中文資訊有些凌亂,但是基本上還是瞭解到SSA系列有分兩系。
1,爲厚體音箱。由SSA的雙數型號辨認。分別爲SSA42與SSA50, 都是五聲道
2,爲特瘦音箱。SSA前有XTR字母,型號都是單數。分別爲XTR-SSA3與XTR-SSA5。前者衹有三聲道,後者五聲道。

XTR-SSA聲叭挂墻最適合,但是低音方面視座位距離而定,還是要有獨立低音箱配合的。
價格方面,如果你去Lazada網尋找,或許衹能看到KEC的出售價。但是上網找找,有另一個商家的價格還是有微小競爭力。。。去GadgetLAB網頁看看吧!

Knowing from one of my former colleagues who had a deep understanding of the DefTech speakers, the DefTech SSA series was completely out of the ordinary, power-driven, multi-channel sound, with no surround sound. Or rely on your multi-channel amplifier driver. Then the screen does not have wall socket, no problem.

I read the Internet to understand understand. . . Although the English website information copy down and then evaluate dog translation, some of the Chinese information received messy, but basically still understand the SSA series has two systems.
1, thick speaker. Identified by SSA's double number model. SSA42 and SSA50, respectively, are five-channel
2, for extra-thin speakers. XTR letters before SSA, models are singular. Respectively XTR-SSA3 and XTR-SSA5. The former has only three channels, the latter five channels.

XTR-SSA sound wall hanging wall most suitable, but the bass depending on the seat distance may be, or to have a separate subwoofer with.
Price, if you look for Lazada network, you may see only KEC's selling price. However, looking for the Internet, there is another business price is still slightly competitive. . . Go to GadgetLAB website to see it!

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
centre channel. not whether buy soundbar or not

My current LG TV cannot 'project' dialogues. So I always have to turn up the volume to hear the dialogue, then turn down the volume when the dialogue's over because the other sounds - like music - gets too loud.. Its very inconvenient and a real pain. Will a soundbar help with 'louder' dialogue so I can listen without having to turn up the overall volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.