Pru Lifetime Income and Pru Life Multiplier Flex

Bigoya

Reaction score
also, I just received the proposal with the BI but there's no cover letter with a date . Just the proposal and BI, my customer investment profile, and some guide to life insurance. Do I use the date on the envelope (26 Jan 2018) to calculate the free-look period? Or do I use the date on which I signed the initial proposal form in the bank (20 Jan 2018) as the start point?

14 days free-look starts from the day you receive your policy booklet (or flashdrive in the case of Pru).

What you've received thus far are only meant for your records and reference. The policy most probably hasn't even incepted.
Alternatively, just head down to Pru's office tomorrow to write your free-look letter on the spot.

Last edited:

Wjmsanta

Reaction score
Basically with this plan you can never surrender early. Must hold till you die to get guaranteed return marginally better than FD, and if lucky, non guaranteed return that you can easily get from BBB corporate bond or holding those stocks with steady dividend for long term. You can get much better deal from the balance of liquidity and yield perspectives just doing Singapore Savings Bond with that kind of money.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a question

i was at standard chartered on 20 jan and i signed for the form stating that i was interesedted in the prulifetime income plan. so it was dated 20 jan.

then around 27 jan I got in the mail the benefits illustration and decided not to go ahead with it since it didn't look good with the detailed figures. but this is not the policy document right? It's just the BI and product key facts.

Then now I just got this mail saying deduction of $2000 from my credit card for this plan was not successful because my card is not funded. Lucky i didn't put anything in.

They said the premium due date was 20 jan (the date i signed saying i was interested, but that is not supposed to be the inception date right?)

then also the date my card was charged was 30 jan.

Is this correct? I don't even have any policy document, so why am I being charged?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a question

i was at standard chartered on 20 jan and i signed for the form stating that i was interesedted in the prulifetime income plan. so it was dated 20 jan.

then around 27 jan I got in the mail the benefits illustration and decided not to go ahead with it since it didn't look good with the detailed figures. but this is not the policy document right? It's just the BI and product key facts.

Then now I just got this mail saying deduction of $2000 from my credit card for this plan was not successful because my card is not funded. Lucky i didn't put anything in.

They said the premium due date was 20 jan (the date i signed saying i was interested, but that is not supposed to be the inception date right?)

then also the date my card was charged was 30 jan.

Is this correct? I don't even have any policy document, so why am I being charged?

The agent tricked you?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have no idea, but the only thing I have received so far is this document entitled

"Proposal for Prulifetime Income"

Is this the actual policy document?
If it is, should there be some wording in it to state that I am the holder of the policy, rather than keep saying 'proposal' on every page?

If this is not the actual policy document, then why was the premium due on the very first day i showed up at the bank and they didn't even want to tell me the name of the product I was signing up for, and they kept saying I'd receive some documents in the mail later giving details of the product name.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Go down to the bank or Prudential to ask

Or contact whoever sold you the plan

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
i have no idea, but the only thing I have received so far is this document entitled

If it is, should there be some wording in it to state that I am the holder of the policy, rather than keep saying 'proposal' on every page?

If this is not the actual policy document, then why was the premium due on the very first day i showed up at the bank and they didn't even want to tell me the name of the product I was signing up for, and they kept saying I'd receive some documents in the mail later giving details of the product name.

There should be a formal copy of the policy document given to you, not some proposal thingy. Think you should ask again.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Proposal is not a policy document.

I think you need to get this clear. You may be the recipient of some bad sales trick...

Go down to the bank or CALL the bank.

Bigoya

Reaction score

24jvk1.jpg

We have abosolutely no idea what you are talking about unless you u show us photo(s) of the "proposal"

Did u fill up the proposal form with ur personal particulars? Health declarations? You sure did, otherwise they wouldn't have your credit card no.?

Most propably they used the word "interest" to make u sign the form because u could actually sign up the plan officially and be given 14 days to freelook.
Technically right, but ethically F up.

Bottom line, this is dodgy AF.
Go lodge a complain or something.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dind't give them my credit card number, the bank rep was there together and got me to sign up for the standard charted bonussaver credit card on the spot. I didn't get the card till later.

Anyway there is no deduction yet, because I didn't activate the card, so their charging failed.

But what should I do now? Call to cancel? I still have no policy document, so that would imply there's no policy commencement yet, but I find it strange that the premium due date is on the very first day I stepped into the bank and they told me about this product for the first time.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dind't give them my credit card number, the bank rep was there together and got me to sign up for the standard charted bonussaver credit card on the spot. I didn't get the card till later.

Anyway there is no deduction yet, because I didn't activate the card, so their charging failed.

But what should I do now? Call to cancel? I still have no policy document, so that would imply there's no policy commencement yet, but I find it strange that the premium due date is on the very first day I stepped into the bank and they told me about this product for the first time.

Don't activate the card ever. Means deduction will continue to fail. Means policy will not commence. Your problem is solved.

But you may want to get to the bottom of it, and find out why this is happening.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the only thing I have received.
YvTOCdol.jpg

Does anyone know the specific address to fax a letter of cancellation to, assuming the free look period is still in effect?

Last edited:

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the only thing I have received.
YvTOCdol.jpg

Does anyone know the specific address to fax a letter of cancellation to, assuming the free look period is still in effect?

Just cancel your card and the policy will automatically ceased.

Bigoya

Reaction score

So u went to the bank for something else but end up kena mis-sold 2 different stuff?
LoL.

Most prob u signed up a GIO product which doesn't require much underwriting hence immediate policy commencement date.

Head down to the bank and request that banker to free-look the policy for you, at the same time, lodge a complain.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sent the whole backstory to the bank RM and asked for clarity about whether the policy is in effect or not, because to date I only have the proposal and not a certificate of policy ownership, and yet there was an attempted charge on my bank debit card on 20 January for the first month of the premium, close to $2000. Not a small sum so I cannot let this just go.

The reply was that the bank RM did not proceed with my application yet and has put it on hold as per my instruction. So if the application is not submitted yet, then how can Prudential charge me, and say the due date is on the very first date I stepped into the bank regarding this policy? Even before I received the BI?

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sent the whole backstory to the bank RM and asked for clarity about whether the policy is in effect or not, because to date I only have the proposal and not a certificate of policy ownership, and yet there was an attempted charge on my bank debit card on 20 January for the first month of the premium, close to $2000. Not a small sum so I cannot let this just go.

The reply was that the bank RM did not proceed with my application yet and has put it on hold as per my instruction. So if the application is not submitted yet, then how can Prudential charge me, and say the due date is on the very first date I stepped into the bank regarding this policy? Even before I received the BI?

What exactly were you signing for in the proposal?
I don't think they would just attempt to charge $2000 like that without your consent.
If you were misled into signing, you should lodge a complaint with the bank and MAS.

Bigoya

Reaction score

Did u not direct these qns to ur RM?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did

the reply was

"I have put all documents on hold and did not proceed with the application at all.
However, I did mention that you will receive documents (both hard and soft copies) even in the application stage. And yes you are absolutely right, when we next meet, it is to review and answer your questions, and we will still be pending your final decision.
Please rest assured that I am giving you in formal writing, that we did not proceed with your application, and I put it on hold. So you can ignore all correspondences from Prudential’s side."

I don't think this is a satisfactory reply. They did not answer my question about why I the premium due date is put in writing as on the very day I set foot in the bank and they told me about this policy for the first time. If the application is really on hold and there is no policy yet (ie in the proposal stage), why do I have a letter from Prudential saying their attempt to charge my debit card $2000 was unsuccessful? And how can they ask me to ignore an attempt like this? If the debit was really successful I'd be saying goodbye to the $2000 already since they dated the premium due date as 20 January and more than 14 days for the free look period have elapsed since then.

I got no direct replies to my questions. Are there grounds for me to lodge a complaint to some authority?

Last edited:

soneat

Reaction score
As long as you signed on a proposal form (regardless whether it's empty, partially or fully completed) and a copy of IC is provided, your SCB RM probably has completed the application on your behalf and submitted to Prudential.

Point 1: Never sign anything without understanding
Point 2: You should have approach your RM and their Prudential account manager immediately to stop all these. The fact that proposal is submitted, payment is deducted probably would mean the policy is already in force. Policy document might be mailed or hand delivered via your rep.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.