Choa chu kang hdb flats price breaks one year low

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you read more ,many once-stalled new condo projects ( ECs too ) launched in 2016- mid 2017 were snapped up by end 2017.

Do you think that those still-under-construction
projects were being snapped up for potential
enbloc? Lol :o
Many recent enbloc owners probably just received their $2-8 millions.

Due to the en-bloc, many transactions pre-enbloc at very high price. many people bought condo with potential en-bloc in the future were willing to pay higher price too. In a depressed market, these transactions will push up the lousy SRX index.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not possible lol

tb is truly a gem. i was born there. 5min to orchard via 16, bus 5 to newton and bedok

my unit is at blk2A, next to havelock mrt. i will move bk when all construction is done dusted!

Boon Tiong! Bus is more convenient then.
u taking 33 or 63 to Bugis right? :D

Toni90

Reaction score
If you read more ,many once-stalled new condo projects ( ECs too ) launched in 2016- mid 2017 were snapped up by end 2017.

Do you think that those still-under-construction
projects were being snapped up for potential
enbloc? Lol :o
Many recent enbloc owners probably just received their $2-8 millions.

Do u really think those new projects pop up the index? That the developers increased the price last year? Do some math man.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is very likely that Spore prop prices will be on the uptrend for a while. Dunno why there are still people in denial.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rising sale volume & rising property indices
do not mean anything to some here. :o

Private home sales hit 4-year high in 2017

Private home sales in Singapore surged 34 percent to 10,682 units for the whole of 2017 compared to 7,972 units during the previous year, according to initial estimates from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

As a result, take-up of private homes for the entire year reached its highest level since the 14,948 units sold in 2013, indicating that the city-state’s private property market is on the road to recovery.

“New private home sales in 2017 are the strongest in four years. This reflects the upbeat demand that is supporting recovery in the residential market that has also led to prices turning around since mid-2017,” said Ong Teck Hui, JLL’s national director of research and consultancy.

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/pro...06/private-home-sales-hit-4-year-high-in-2017

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays government land sales and private enbloc prices are going at ever higher levels.

So while HDBs are still holding on to current prices, it is best to buy HDBs asap since higher private property prices and higher taxes can only mean higher HDB prices in the next few years.

This year private condo rental should start going up as most purchases in recent years are for own residence. This should digest the oversupply in 2015 and 2016. For HDB rental, it is likely to stabilise towards the end of the year.

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BUSINESS
Cairnhill Mansions and Riviera Point sold en bloc
The Straits Times - 4h*ago

Two District 9 properties - Cairnhill Mansions and Riviera Point - were sold in collective sales yesterday for $362 million and $72 million, respectively. The development in Cairnhill Road was sold to Singapore-listed property developer Low Keng Huat, while*...
http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/cairnhill-mansions-and-riviera-point-sold-en-bloc

Cairnhill Mansions breakeven could be $3,000 psf? What will be the selling price?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
purposely one. so that they can buy it cheap and/or less competition..

Just go with your instinct and dont look back...good or bad, only got ownself to blame.

Rather than later u nv buy people buy, den big huat u regret decision

:s13:, I think most people are not affected, at least it shows in my data. It's the mindset of all these funny folks that downplay others that keeps me thinking.

It is very likely that Spore prop prices will be on the uptrend for a while. Dunno why there are still people in denial.

Yup, uptrend and estimated to continue till election year.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even non atas Pearlbank Apt will be very high.
Experts estimate >$2500 psf for such no hip area :o

BUSINESS
Cairnhill Mansions and Riviera Point sold en bloc
The Straits Times - 4h*ago

Two District 9 properties - Cairnhill Mansions and Riviera Point - were sold in collective sales yesterday for $362 million and $72 million, respectively. The development in Cairnhill Road was sold to Singapore-listed property developer Low Keng Huat, while*...
http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/cairnhill-mansions-and-riviera-point-sold-en-bloc

Cairnhill Mansions breakeven could be $3,000 psf? What will be the selling price?

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13:, I think most people are not affected, at least it shows in my data. It's the mindset of all these funny folks that downplay others that keeps me thinking.

Yup, uptrend and estimated to continue till election year.

My estimate is that it will be beyond the next elections. The course is set....

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even in city centre certain locations/condo are more hip .

Does saying you stay in Chinatown area / near 牛車水 sound hot to expats or many locals ? :o
Hopefully one day CapitaLand manages to transform it.

Would you be willing to pay >$3.2k psf for shoebox in the new Pearlbank ? :o

Location for pearl bank is very good.
It is at city centre.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.