Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not just on-board things in a mess, offline also.
Between reservation team and IT depart no liaising, with business partner also no liaising.

A) Citi state this promotion until Oct 2018 while Dream state Jan :s13::s13: dunno who is right who is wrong. No one bother to standardise and correct.

B) website obviously wrong also no one bother to do anything. Telling everyone between between April to Oct only those birthday can sail, hahahaha :s22::s22:
I already booked so not affected.

I foresee another promotion in March or April if they have many unsold rooms.

They have piss poor marketing team. Dont see them advertise Genting Dream.

Sent from Home using GAGT

tc12345

Reaction score
cannot compare mini/junior with balcony lah, haha:s13:
But GD i think dont have junior suite

I'm comparing DC suite (not sure if DC has mini/junior suite or not) with mini suites of Princess and Costa. I visited DC balcony as my other family members didn't manage to get free upgrade, I would say it is good enough for 2 pax, if more than 2 adults might be a challenge after opening the sofa bed. But DC is really new so it compensates the shortfall.

sherlyn2506

Reaction score
I'm comparing DC suite (not sure if DC has mini/junior suite or not) with mini suites of Princess and Costa. I visited DC balcony as my other family members didn't manage to get free upgrade, I would say it is good enough for 2 pax, if more than 2 adults might be a challenge after opening the sofa bed. But DC is really new so it compensates the shortfall.

I think dream suite is roughly size of RC junior suite but with full privilege of suite, good for 2 pax. RC grand suite room very big, can sleep 4 and 4 pax in 1 room cheaper.

If drink alcohol, dream suite better, if not RC grand suite privilege good enough

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi sherlyn2506 and all who board Dream before, any of you try the rope course zip-line, how's it? Any safety net or precaution?

I check youtube it seem like freefall but couldn't verify as its too fast.

nachoskia

Reaction score
for the ropes course, they will strap u on to a safety harness and provide u with a helmet and then they will teach u how to use the equipment before u are up on your own. there wont be someone up there to help u, u are actually on your own, so no way to give up half way in between if u fear of heights. Only until the zipline stage at the end, there will be 2 staffs there to doublecheck your equipment once again before u zoom across.

I went twice, u can take your time to try everything on the ropes course, there are some easier ones to get u to the end, while there are also the challenging kind like the rock wall and the spider web. There is a big net below for safety precaution too. Chances to fall in the net I don't think is high :)

U need to wear sport shoes definitely. No open shoes. And it can get rather hot once u are on it. They only operate on good weather. They will close the ropes course if it gets windy.

Hope that helps.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
for the ropes course, they will strap u on to a safety harness and provide u with a helmet and then they will teach u how to use the equipment before u are up on your own. there wont be someone up there to help u, u are actually on your own, so no way to give up half way in between if u fear of heights. Only until the zipline stage at the end, there will be 2 staffs there to doublecheck your equipment once again before u zoom across.

I went twice, u can take your time to try everything on the ropes course, there are some easier ones to get u to the end, while there are also the challenging kind like the rock wall and the spider web. There is a big net below for safety precaution too. Chances to fall in the net I don't think is high :)

U need to wear sport shoes definitely. No open shoes. And it can get rather hot once u are on it. They only operate on good weather. They will close the ropes course if it gets windy.

Hope that helps.

Hi nachoskia, yes it helps, thanks!

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. Maybe will give it a try when the ship is docking.

sherlyn2506

Reaction score
Hi sherlyn2506 and all who board Dream before, any of you try the rope course zip-line, how's it? Any safety net or precaution?

I check youtube it seem like freefall but couldn't verify as its too fast.

That time I went too windy I scared I will flew off the ship lol so I didn't try, good to know there are different route, I probably go for the easiest one lol just wanna try the zip line hehe.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
That time I went too windy I scared I will flew off the ship lol so I didn't try, good to know there are different route, I probably go for the easiest one lol just wanna try the zip line hehe.

haha, icic. from promo video it really look scary so I asking those who try before to share whether (at least) there's safety net below; if no I properly wont dare to try too.

sherlyn2506

Reaction score
haha, icic. from promo video it really look scary so I asking those who try before to share whether (at least) there's safety net below; if no I properly wont dare to try too.

Eh I think the safety net is for rope course, I dun remember see net below zip line that's y wind blow strong strong I scared later I suay suay get blown into the sea lol. But maybe got other safety feature I didn't see. Maybe I try when ship docking lol

nachoskia

Reaction score
hey guys, the ropes course is quite fun actually. but for twice I only went the easier route. I saw some guys did the more challenging ones. The whole rope course will not be opened if its windy/raining. Or else u wont get your balance up there. And for the zipline, there is no safety net, but its not very fast also. The staff there will doublecheck your harnesses again at the start of the zipline.

They only operate for a certain timing only. So take e chance if u have. :)

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Eh I think the safety net is for rope course, I dun remember see net below zip line that's y wind blow strong strong I scared later I suay suay get blown into the sea lol. But maybe got other safety feature I didn't see. Maybe I try when ship docking lol

What! Ya lor like tat I also scare. Maybe I suaku but not dangerous meh?

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, the ropes course is quite fun actually. but for twice I only went the easier route. I saw some guys did the more challenging ones. The whole rope course will not be opened if its windy/raining. Or else u wont get your balance up there. And for the zipline, there is no safety net, but its not very fast also. The staff there will doublecheck your harnesses again at the start of the zipline.

They only operate for a certain timing only. So take e chance if u have. :)

Thks, follow-up qns able to complete the course bit avoid the zipline?

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha I want to try zip line but not the obstacle course, I scared of height leh but I love flying fox lol, contradicting yah I know lol
Ditto. Only interested in the zip line. Hope got chance to try.

datolim

Reaction score
See what these guy at GD just did. Going back to the old Citibank promotion again. After 1 month of about zero sales with their birthday sales promotion. Same way they are running GD on the ship with boarding mess, long queue, bad service and food.

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Birthday promo is stupid. I can only go during school holiday (june, nov, dec) but none of my family members' birthday is on those months.

sherlyn2506

Reaction score
See what these guy at GD just did. Going back to the old Citibank promotion again. After 1 month of about zero sales with their birthday sales promotion. Same way they are running GD on the ship with boarding mess, long queue, bad service and food.

Haha got at least 1 sale cuz I book 2 rooms on mar, both my dad and sis born in mar lol. But abit lame cuz only 1 room allow each bday, so cannot 1 big group go and they don't have family room, squeeze 4 ppl in 1 room is pathetic Sia.

Citibank also lame, come on la want do promo do for all la, only balcony and below have 40% discount, u think ppl carrot head let u anyhow chop Sia, expensive also nobody sail suite, later all sail balcony cheap cheap then suite expensive no ppl buy, mistake Sia then GD spend so much money hire ppl in dream suite but nobody to serve, in the end free upgrade balcony ppl to suite, if u give 40% for suite at least ppl like me will book the suite, lose less money wat.

See how RC doing so well, always full sailing. Even suite also full. That's good marketing and sales tactic. I love RC suite it's so big the room

datolim

Reaction score
Haha got at least 1 sale cuz I book 2 rooms on mar, both my dad and sis born in mar lol. But abit lame cuz only 1 room allow each bday, so cannot 1 big group go and they don't have family room, squeeze 4 ppl in 1 room is pathetic Sia.

Citibank also lame, come on la want do promo do for all la, gotonly balcony and below have 40% discount, u think ppl carrot head let u anyhow chop Sia, expensive also nobody sail suite, later all sail balcony cheap cheap then suite expensive no ppl buy, mistake Sia then GD spend so much money hire ppl in dream suite but nobody to serve, in the end free upgrade balcony ppl to suite, if u give 40% for suite at least ppl like me will book the suite, lose less money wat.

See how RC doing so well, always full sailing. Even suite also full. That's good marketing and sales tactic. I love RC suite it's so big the room

Seldom have promotional rates for suites. Not sure why you got only 1 birthday special. I would book your sister with a phony non existent person and do a no show for that phony person at check in. Done that before when promotion is for 2 persons only. Matters a lot for RCL as they charge for 2 persons per room. Not so much for GD as they charge 1.5 times for solo cruiser.
Just notice Citibank promotion upgrade is now from window to balcony deluxe. Interest in their 5N cruise in July. But like to see your feedback on the March cruise before doing anything.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.