intel wireless-ac 9260

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Do you specifically need a r7800? Why not other AC wave 2 access points/routers?

Assuming you live in an apartment, WiFi even the 5ghz band is overcrowded. Setting your WiFi to 160mhz will almost be antisocial.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Do you specifically need a r7800? Why not other AC wave 2 access points/routers?

Assuming you live in an apartment, WiFi even the 5ghz band is overcrowded. Setting your WiFi to 160mhz will almost be antisocial.
My understanding is r7800 can use dfs channels n so far I didn’t detect anyone using those channels so I’m not antisocial 😆
Anyway even if I use regular 80mhz both upper & lower channels also got many users so basically can’t b avoided so really no difference in terms of social acceptance. Also I’ll be placing the router in my room n limiting the power output just enough 4 my room so I can stream high bitrates video. I’ll still b using my current AP 4 the rest my hse n dun wan the router 2 interferes wif it too.
Btw how come can’t find any R7800 in shops? Actually very few Netgear routers around..

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
If I am not wrong most routers support DFS, clients not as much. Since you will put the router in the same room and i assume that WiFi card will be used in your pc why not use ethernet instead

dryteletubby

Reaction score
No gonna b in laptop.

Still seems like alot of trouble to get faster network speeds. For me if possible I just use ethernet. The wireless N card in my laptop can only reach 150Mbps. Unless I am uploading or downloading large files it's good enough.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Other routers that support 160Mhz are Linksys WRT3200ACM and Netgear X10 R9000;)
X10 too ex unless can get cheap 2nd hand. Linksys got compatibility issue according 2 the China website. Looking 4 2nd hand Netgear R7800 but seems like this router not available in sg... saw D-Link for-882 also 160mhz but not sure f/w got activated or not

hk7310

Reaction score

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since u already have already spend something that good and needs something better to work with it, den why not just spend that much again so u can really get what u want?

moron+genius

Reaction score
since u already have already spend something that good and needs something better to work with it, den why not just spend that much again so u can really get what u want?
The card only cost <$30... just trying out the concept so dun wanna spend too much...

moron+genius

Reaction score
Finally gotten netgear R7800 2 pair with the Intel 9260. Set up r7800 as AP wif 160mhz bw w/o any issue. Selected DFS channels but the channel won’t stick 2 DFS range coz it detected radar in my vicinity! But both laptop n iPhone can connect to AP while its briefly in the DFS channel. Was hopeful I can use these channels coz not expecting any radar near my hse! Did a quick speed test by file copying of a 1G+ file n gotten 100MBps dwn n 80+ MBps up but in best case scenario of laptop next 2 AP. Also test stream a high bitrate video file which I can now watch smoothly when previously wld stutter once in a while. Overall happy wif the performance except can’t use DFS.
Anyone knows which ceiling mounted AP tat support 160mhz bw?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Finally gotten netgear R7800 2 pair with the Intel 9260. Set up r7800 as AP wif 160mhz bw w/o any issue. Selected DFS channels but the channel won’t stick 2 DFS range coz it detected radar in my vicinity! But both laptop n iPhone can connect to AP while its briefly in the DFS channel. Was hopeful I can use these channels coz not expecting any radar near my hse! Did a quick speed test by file copying of a 1G+ file n gotten 100MBps dwn n 80+ MBps up but in best case scenario of laptop next 2 AP. Also test stream a high bitrate video file which I can now watch smoothly when previously wld stutter once in a while. Overall happy wif the performance except can’t use DFS.
Anyone knows which ceiling mounted AP tat support 160mhz bw?

What high bitrate video you watch that your previous WiFi can't stream smoothly? I can stream a 50Gb+ movie without any issues with 80mhz WiFi on a 1x1 AC laptop.

The unifi UAP AC HD should meet your requirements.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
What high bitrate video you watch that your previous WiFi can't stream smoothly? I can stream a 50Gb+ movie without any issues with 80mhz WiFi on a 1x1 AC laptop.

The unifi UAP AC HD should meet your requirements.
Sometimes the stream hits >100mbps n the video stutters but I do file copy exceeding >100mbps there’s no issue only watching video got issue.
I checked unifi UAP AC HD does support 160mhz leh.
It’s uhd hdr video btw, not sure if tat makes any difference.

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Sometimes the stream hits >100mbps n the video stutters but I do file copy exceeding >100mbps there’s no issue only watching video got issue.
I checked unifi UAP AC HD does support 160mhz leh.

100mbps could be reached even with wireless N. Best to drop ubiquiti an email. 160mhz support depends on software and the complains you see are probably from Americans thanks to their FCC being slow to approve.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.