Brokerage?

iwanthp

Reaction score
Hi there anyone can recommend which bank brokerage or like youre experiences with it? :) Eg DBS, OCBC, Standard Chartered, etc!

Thanks in advanceee ^^

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS Vickers Cash Upfront is 0.12% commission (or minimum $10) until March 2018.

Also gives $5 rebate for each trade, so effectively you're paying less for a buy trade.

I like it.

iwanthp

Reaction score

Also gives $5 rebate for each trade, so effectively you're paying less for a buy trade.

I like it.

May i know whats the difference between using cash upfront and normal online trading?
and also i saw that can only purchase Singapore stocks? was planning to buy overseas stocks like google etc

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May i know whats the difference between using cash upfront and normal online trading?
and also i saw that can only purchase Singapore stocks? was planning to buy overseas stocks like google etc

Cash upfront means you top up your account prior to buying...

Pretty sure a brokerage allows purchase of overseas shares? I haven't really got into that yet.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I like it.

You have to sell within T+3, otherwise the sell transaction will be considered as Cash trading and it's normal trading cost.

Kenna this and it's ***** troublesome. Money transfer back via EPS 5 days after selling, can't use it for buy/sell at cash upfront rates During that period.

Would rather pay more for SCB or MayBank KE Prefunded account.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure a brokerage allows purchase of overseas shares? I haven't really got into that yet.

Cash Upfront only Singapore for DBS. Cash trading can be for oversea markets if you've applied for it.

Maybank KE, SCB Online Trading can do oversea trading for their Prefunded account. Not sure if KE need to convert to the oversea currency or not first before transacting (ie auto or manual), but for SCB, it's mandatory, and will have to manually convert back to SGD thereafter.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using CMC Markets, DBS Vickers, Standard Chartered and Lim Tan.

I find that DBS Vickers platform will hang when there is a lot transactions e.g. a few days ago when there was a plunge

personally like Lim Tan better as they give LinkPoints for your trades, and new account holders will get rewards worth $195 for 1st 3 trades done in a month using CASH account

Anyone keen on getting some extra NTUC vouchers on top of what they are giving for new account opening can PM me :)

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you can only use CASH account to buy/sell US stocks,
for SG stocks, commission for each trade shd be 0.28% / min S$25, whereas US stock should be min US$20

have to fill a W-8Ben form for trading US stocks

YNWAAA

Reaction score
I like CIMB platform. Most user friendly. Only problem is they have 2FA which I feel very mafan :p

Maeda_Toshiie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like CIMB platform. Most user friendly. Only problem is they have 2FA which I feel very mafan :p

Most if not all brokerage have 2FA based on token or SMS?

----------------------------

Local brokerages are free, so you can always open a few and then testdrive them.

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I just get this straight? Regardless of the stock holding by CDP or custodian, am I right to say this:

Online cheapest brokerage fee: SC
Prefunded cheapest brokerage fee: DBSV and UOB KH

Am I right? Thanks for advising

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I just get this straight? Regardless of the stock holding by CDP or custodian, am I right to say this:

Online cheapest brokerage fee: SC
Prefunded cheapest brokerage fee: DBSV and UOB KH

Am I right? Thanks for advising

Please take a look at this:
https://blog.seedly.sg/the-ultimate-cheatsheet-cheapest-stock-brokerage-in-singapore/

Saxo Capital Markets have a higher minimum commission as compared to Standard Chartered ($15 versus $10). But it also have a lower commission (0.12%) compared to SC (0.20%).

So if you are making big trades, then Saxo Capital Markets is for you.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Interactive Brokers usually recommended for overseas holdings.
Locally, I will pick DBS/CIMB/SCB.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.