Wheel offest

Bond388

Reaction score
Hi all...need some expert comment here...

If change wheel to less offset so now wheels about 28mm push out.
It wont rub fender or wheel arch...but i would like to knw what r the
changers to the drivability to the car?

How will it affect
cornering....
U turn...
braking....
road holding....
high/slow speed driving....
steering feel/feedback....
shock and suspension:s11:

Appreciate all comments.
Thank you

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Smaller offset, wheel sits further out from wheel arch. Tats probably wat he meant

Still...it doesn't make tire wider=more grip=more fuel consumption

From my limited knowledge, offset only changes the track width. Anything else remains the same.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A wider track width provides more grip, at least tats wat the spacer companies market their products say

Still...it doesn't make tire wider=more grip=more fuel consumption

From my limited knowledge, offset only changes the track width. Anything else remains the same.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
A wider track width provides more grip, at least tats wat the spacer companies market their products say

It is true to a certain extent.
It provides more grip only during bends.
If you were to nitpick, then I can only say it helps little on straight due to slight difference in CG,weight balance etc.

Bond388

Reaction score
Smaller offset, wheel sits further out from wheel arch. Tats probably wat he meant

That is correct....

Jazz GD1 original 185/55/15....6JJ ET53
change to .......... 195/50/15....7JJ ET37
rims r push out by about 28mm due to +1JJ and +ET16
overall diameter abit smaller

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is true to a certain extent.
It provides more grip only during bends.
If you were to nitpick, then I can only say it helps little on straight due to slight difference in CG,weight balance etc.

better grip (achieved through various means like spacers) is not meant for straightline speed but corners. so if it's true that wider track width increases grip, then it's not true to a certain extent. It's 100% true.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
better grip (achieved through various means like spacers) is not meant for straightline speed but corners. so if it's true that wider track width increases grip, then it's not true to a certain extent. It's 100% true.

It's up to you if you like to put it that way :s13:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's up to you if you like to put it that way :s13:

well, it's not up to me. tats how ppl into cars define these things. no one spends money on things like suspension, spacers or the like for straightline speed. it's for cornering grip. but it's certainly up to u if u want to think in your own terms since u admitted to your limited knowledge :s13:

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
well, it's not up to me. tats how ppl into cars define these things. no one spends money on things like suspension, spacers or the like for straightline speed. it's for cornering grip. but it's certainly up to u if u want to think in your own terms since u admitted to your limited knowledge :s13:

In case you don't realise, I speak very humbly to avoid debative people like you :o
A general tuning theory may or may not apply correctly on a specific car setup.

Likewise, a wider track width doesn't equate to wider tire=more grip=more fuel consumption
Linking back to TS, he asked for various factor not only cornering.

Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say it leads to wider tyres. Tat was what someone else said. I simply said it aids cornering speeds. I’m just stating facts. If u want to see it as debating it’s up to u.

In case you don't realise, I speak very humbly to avoid debative people like you :o
A general tuning theory may or may not apply correctly on a specific car setup.

Likewise, a wider track width doesn't equate to wider tire=more grip=more fuel consumption
Linking back to TS, he asked for various factor not only cornering.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say it leads to wider tyres. Tat was what someone else said. I simply said it aids cornering speeds. I’m just stating facts. If u want to see it as debating it’s up to u.

I see. But you added "more wear n tear" onto that post.
So I'm not sure what you're trying to convey.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.