Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Helio X20 /Snapdragon 625)

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has issue with the Wifi constantly disconnecting from the network? WiFi is still on in the phone, but not connected to my modem. Another phone seems to be working fine, so likely is my phone. I didn't change any settings recently too.

Edit: Seems like changing my modem wifi to 5ghz *slightly* solved the issue. Just happens once in a while now. But still very annoying becos I never had this issue before...

Last edited:

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has issue with the Wifi constantly disconnecting from the network? WiFi is still on in the phone, but not connected to my modem. Another phone seems to be working fine, so likely is my phone. I didn't change any settings recently too.

Edit: Seems like changing my modem wifi to 5ghz *slightly* solved the issue. Just happens once in a while now. But still very annoying becos I never had this issue before...

Had this problem a few weeks back and had to keep manually connecting to the network despite having set it to auto-connect. I deleted that saved network, resaved it and everything has been working since.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score

Very likely it's due to channel interference on the over-crowded 2.4 GHz WiFi spectrum. Try the 5GHz spectrum and switch to a channel with minimal interference from your neighbours.

Last edited:

rucker183

Reaction score
mine has a bluetooth issue, everytime i connect to my bluetooth earpiece, after awhile of using, (not fix), my connect get very laggy (u only hear lagging distortion and after awhile it auto disconnect, or totally connected but cant play anything at all (either silent or go through speaker instead )

this will continue, until i restart (which fix it for a short while). i tried various mean in xiaomi forum but doesnt work, force close bluetooth share, on performance mode, factory reset, off contact sharing, turn of MIUI batt saver

so, anyone encounter such problem? (mine is MTK chip)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine has a bluetooth issue, everytime i connect to my bluetooth earpiece, after awhile of using, (not fix), my connect get very laggy (u only hear lagging distortion and after awhile it auto disconnect, or totally connected but cant play anything at all (either silent or go through speaker instead )

this will continue, until i restart (which fix it for a short while). i tried various mean in xiaomi forum but doesnt work, force close bluetooth share, on performance mode, factory reset, off contact sharing, turn of MIUI batt saver

so, anyone encounter such problem? (mine is MTK chip)

Have u tried to pair with other phone to find out if really your phone or your earpiece.

efreelancer

Reaction score
Just tried the xiaomi ftp recently. Pretty good for downloads. However cant delete/organize files using wifi. Any ways/apps to do it?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
is there any ways to show preview msg for whatsapp in notifications when received msg? eg: dont need unlock hp/enter app to view all msgs

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to turn on the phone without power button (via usb debugging perhaps)? My power button connector on the motherboard is break.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to turn on the phone without power button (via usb debugging perhaps)? My power button connector on the motherboard is break.
You mean turn on from shut down mode? If is unlocking, can use fingerprint or double tap. If is turning on from shut down, I don't think so...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean turn on from shut down mode? If is unlocking, can use fingerprint or double tap. If is turning on from shut down, I don't think so...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Yes, currently my phone is off. I just need to jumpstart it to turn on if possible. Try to connect the flex cable pin to the board to turn it on but not possible

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
Hachi.tech is giving a 60 dollar discount on the 32gb variant of redmi note 4 at $199

Is it better to buy redmi note 5a $149 or redmi note 5a prime at $179 ( on sale )

or just buy redmi note 4 32gb?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hachi.tech is giving a 60 dollar discount on the 32gb variant of redmi note 4 at $199

Is it better to buy redmi note 5a $149 or redmi note 5a prime at $179 ( on sale )

But what's your usage from either phone? For who? (Children or parents?) Any other details to add on to allow others to better gives u the best recommend phone.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Get the Redmi Note 4, its specs is way better than the Redmi Note 5A/Prime.

However, if you want a good selfie front camera then get the Redmi Note 5A Prime. The 5A Prime has a 16MP front camera and a Selfie-light front LED flash, which can enhance your selfie photos~

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score

that one is fake price

they bump it up to 259 then "give" you a $60 coupon back to $196

lazada often can get at $188 to $199 range .... no gimmick .... local warranty set

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Miui9 does not have the basic mode desktop anymore.
Need to download the "jeejen desktop" app separately if needed.
Works great for elderly user who's unused to Android

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
But what's your usage from either phone? For who? (Children or parents?) Any other details to add on to allow others to better gives u the best recommend phone.

The phone is for my Mum. Make calls watch video YouTube facebook msging

Get the Redmi Note 4, its specs is way better than the Redmi Note 5A/Prime.

However, if you want a good selfie front camera then get the Redmi Note 5A Prime. The 5A Prime has a 16MP front camera and a Selfie-light front LED flash, which can enhance your selfie photos~

My mum don’t take selfies..

So yes I see 625 and 4xx snap dragon is a significant difference

I have the 64gb version as my spare fone

Which I think I will keep and use and skip redmi nite 5

that one is fake price

they bump it up to 259 then "give" you a $60 coupon back to $196

lazada often can get at $188 to $199 range .... no gimmick .... local warranty set

Icic. Thank you.

Challenger is easy for me. Cos I live beside a mall. They sell at $199 I happy.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Icic. Thank you.

Like that the Redmi Note 4 would be good for your mum, the efficient 14nm Snapdragon 625 and the big 4000mAh battery will ensure a very long battery life ~

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Icic. Thank you.

Base on what u said, just get the cheapest one. Since note 5A is decent for all those task. But it's up to u which phone u wanna get get for your mum.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.