Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought my EVpad plus version which has 32GB storage and is running Android 6.0, good for Kodi and much apps for $229 with free air mouse. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously, this new Magic Box the shop in Clementi Mall level 4 near foodcourt beats the UBox or EVPad in anyway. Reminds me of Maige TV.
The quality is the same as Maige TV. Got EPL in 4K streaming. UBox 4 Pro looks like pirated compared to this Magic Box.
This one?
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/MAGIC-BOX-2-4K-ANDRIOD-TV-BOX/587180499

Sure or not same as Maige?
Look at the demo video at 03:00 onward.
The change of channels so slow and the speed isn't great so I find it hard to believe the stream is at high PQ.

The closest to Maige at the moment is Deke and clones, as Maige sold the infrastructure to them. But I won't advise people to buy their boxes, at most take the subs. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For comparison, this is Deke.

They call it 秒开, see how fast it change channels and maintain the boost of speed.

This is the original maige

in1996

Reaction score
evpad ethernet port @ 100 or gigabit ?

Evpad are using 100Mbps port like most android boxes in the market. from what i know only Minix U1 are using 1000Mbps Lan.

evpad apps using as little as 4Mbps bandwidth. the shop at #03-65 even use a old 2Mbps plan on 3G card for evpad demonstration.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's by year, iirc usd 80. They have an official website.

The sub has no vod.
If you buy their box, it has.
But the android version is 4.x , not compatible with a lot of apps.
Buy box liao still need to buy yearly sub, no unlimited sub but what you pay is what you get. :o

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's by year, iirc usd 80. They have an official website.

The sub has no vod.
If you buy their box, it has.
But the android version is 4.x , not compatible with a lot of apps.
Buy box liao still need to buy yearly sub, no unlimited sub but what you pay is what you get. :o

Hmmm... thanks! weighting the pros and cons.... I scare another paper weight box! Hahaha

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my evpad plus boot loop.
Any link to download recovery image to restore ?
thanks

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried Deke. Its still obviously lousier than Maigetv. But the magic TV at clementi mall is about 90% quality of Maigetv.

Don't know how come you kept promoting this brand at a particular shop somemore.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the UBTV 3 Pro Bluetooth Edition with Kodi in ITShow at Hall 603 somewhere in the middle booth 6305. Cost $159 with additional free apps. The shop is not from SLS.

The shop from Clementi mall is a JS, sold a Gen2 to my relative for SGD 399 last time, cheat a lot of uncle.

Whoa, that's bad! What's a JS by the way?

jian shang

Jin jialat man :o

RagonKyo

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a UBOX Gen4 for my dad yesterday. He likes to watch China Dramas / Movies, can anyone introduce any decent applications that we can use? UBVOD was decent, but the streaming speed is really bad I must say, it keeps stopping when we were using it yesterday. Thanks!

Windowlover

Reaction score
EVPAD is stable as thinking to buy one for my room ? More important can connect to watch World Cup .

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just bought a UBOX Gen4 for my dad yesterday. He likes to watch China Dramas / Movies, can anyone introduce any decent applications that we can use? UBVOD was decent, but the streaming speed is really bad I must say, it keeps stopping when we were using it yesterday. Thanks!
I find RSS player very good for dramas but you will need an air mouse.
Or kodi but the app is a little heavy.

Can download this thing call Adrama.

In anycase, get an air mouse else alot of apps cannot use. :o

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

UVOD is actually performing quite decently with my ubox gen 3 and MR. But it will tend to buffer if you choose very old shows

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ubox's hardware is weak and not so reliable, the only selling points are UBVOD and UBLIVE.

If you don't use UBVOD and UBLIVE, you are turning the UBOX into a cheap $40 box.

RagonKyo

Reaction score
I find RSS player very good for dramas but you will need an air mouse.
Or kodi but the app is a little heavy.

Can download this thing call Adrama.

In anycase, get an air mouse else alot of apps cannot use. :o

Hi thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!

UVOD is actually performing quite decently with my ubox gen 3 and MR. But it will tend to buffer if you choose very old shows

I was actually choosing a relatively new drama when I was testing the system eh, in fact it was in the popular section. It was working fine but after a while it became extremely laggy. I also realize the quality is a bit lousier than other applications leh. But my friend claimed that his UVOD actually streams well and fine, maybe it’s just me lol....

RagonKyo

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone has any good gai siao to watch EPL? Basically, soccer in general la. Trying to find a channel that’s decent in the streaming for my dad. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.