Navigating myeongdong

abibibi

Reaction score
Hi guys, i’m going for a solo trip to korea in a few months. Just want to check is it difficult to navigate myengdong? Lets say if i alight at the subway station and shop around, how do I get back to the subway station again? Are there directions or which is the best google maps equivalent app that I should use?

whuttt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's quite easy. there are some tourist guides and you can always ask them for directions.
use naver map in korea.

Last edited:

jarvis

Master Member
Reaction score
google map also works - just not properly for routing. but if you're using it just to navigate on foot around an area, you can treat it like a paper map except that it shows you where you are.

That's less painful than trying to use Naver or Kakao which are not in English.

aromilk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myeongdong is an area of streets set in grids. Damn easy to walk around. Once u find the crowd getting lesser and shops fewer, you know you are walking "out" of Myeongdong leow.

Sonic76

Reaction score
Hi guys, i’m going for a solo trip to korea in a few months. Just want to check is it difficult to navigate myengdong? Lets say if i alight at the subway station and shop around, how do I get back to the subway station again? Are there directions or which is the best google maps equivalent app that I should use?

Here's a map of Myeongdong Shopping Street for you.
This brochure map photo was taken on 2017, hope it helps you :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.