police selection assessment

xDYODDx

Reaction score
SO process flow is as such, for ppl who are interested... correct for me if wrong.

Apply at careers@gov.

Email notification to attend selection assessment.
Verify documents,
essay writing,
simple examination for body tattoos and deformities,
end before lunch.​

Email notification to attend AD interview.
AD = Assistant Director of Recruitment,
Psychometric test after lunch,
ends earliest 3pm.​

Call+email to attend psychologist interview at Novena.

Panel interview.

Medical Exam
does not mean u are accepted.​

If offer made after all these, need 2 sureties to go with u to sign on. salary cannot nego. From panel interview till acceptance will take very long. Entire process about 6mths

Last edited:

Dxniyel92

Reaction score
Hi guys just wanna know, is it possible for anybody to fail the medical exam? I mean if its the same checkup as our NS enlistment at CMPB it shouldn’t be a problem right? My PES status is B1L1.

And another question, do diploma holders hold a higher advantage as compared to the rest of us?

Applied via careers portal : 29th december 2017
SA : 12th january 2018

Still awaiting for further news its almost coming to a month :/

ashque17

Reaction score
Hi guys just wanna know, is it possible for anybody to fail the medical exam? I mean if its the same checkup as our NS enlistment at CMPB it shouldn’t be a problem right? My PES status is B1L1.

And another question, do diploma holders hold a higher advantage as compared to the rest of us?

Applied via careers portal : 29th december 2017
SA : 12th january 2018

Still awaiting for further news its almost coming to a month :/
Hey! Yes, it is possible for one to fail the medical exam but results/reasons won't be informed. If there is nothing wrong over the years of NS, it shouldn't be a problem for either PES A or B.

Diploma holders and NPCC do hold a higher advantage as compared to the rest. At least that's what I've observed.

I waited exactly 3 weeks from the S.A date to receiving the next email (which is to go for Medical Checkup). Most of my batch received an email update on the same day, either you go through or rejected.

If your S.A date is 12th January, estimated 2nd February which is tomorrow or by next week! All the best!!

My timeline is as below:

Apply at Career@Gov : 18 December 2017
Shortlisted via Email : 19 December 2017
Selection Assessment : 29 December 2017
Email for Checkup : 19 January 2017
Medical Check up : 27 January 2018
Call to find Surities :
Email Confirmation. :
Bond Sign :
Enlistment :

Dxniyel92

Reaction score
Hey! Yes, it is possible for one to fail the medical exam but results/reasons won't be informed. If there is nothing wrong over the years of NS, it shouldn't be a problem for either PES A or B.

Diploma holders and NPCC do hold a higher advantage as compared to the rest. At least that's what I've observed.

I waited exactly 3 weeks from the S.A date to receiving the next email (which is to go for Medical Checkup). Most of my batch received an email update on the same day, either you go through or rejected.

If your S.A date is 12th January, estimated 2nd February which is tomorrow or by next week! All the best!!

My timeline is as below:

Apply at Career@Gov : 18 December 2017
Shortlisted via Email : 19 December 2017
Selection Assessment : 29 December 2017
Email for Checkup : 19 January 2017
Medical Check up : 27 January 2018
Call to find Surities :
Email Confirmation. :
Bond Sign :
Enlistment :

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply. I’m just curious as i’ve never seen anybody failing medical check up before thats why i was simply curious. I was previously from SCDF so i’m unsure if crossing over would be easy or not. I currently hold a diploma and i was previously in NPCC as well. The last thing when the interview ended was them asking when is the earliest i could start, so i told them i may need time (around 3 months) as i’m currently working myself.

A little bit nervous for the results but they said if the longer the wait the better? Hopefully there will be good news its almost coming to a month i figured they had forgotten me hahaha

bobbymeow

Reaction score
Anyone knows how many intakes there are for regulars in a year? Like is it every few months there will be an intake?

Dxniyel92

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question, Does your GPA in school determine the outcome of the results? Diploma etc etc. Like if you get to be selected or not i mean.

Avgelicalxx

Reaction score
Hi guys, emergency here... I received email from Shenton for medical check up on 5th feb, then all of a sudden today around 4pm I received another email from spf careers stating that I have failed... I’m so confused right now cuz my checkup is suppose to be coming Monday. Anyone knows who should I call to know anything? Is it possible that they might’ve sent me the rejection email wrongly...?

ashque17

Reaction score
Hi guys, emergency here... I received email from Shenton for medical check up on 5th feb, then all of a sudden today around 4pm I received another email from spf careers stating that I have failed... I’m so confused right now cuz my checkup is suppose to be coming Monday. Anyone knows who should I call to know anything? Is it possible that they might’ve sent me the rejection email wrongly...?

Which email comes first?

bobbymeow

Reaction score

Guess you should call/email them to clarify. They might have sent wrongly haha 🤔 better do it fast since its already friday

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea what's the entry pay range for diploma holder? Assuming completed NS.

The website pay range too wide, trying to narrow down the range

zeek86

Reaction score
Hi

Applied direct- entry inspector at careers@gov on 9 Feb and received rejection on 12 Feb.
32 this year, considering spf at mid career switch. Pay about early 5k. Anyone can shed some light why the swift rejection? Thank you

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suspected that:

1) Age is a factor.

2) Your salary is to high to match within Inspector pay range.

Hi

Applied direct- entry inspector at careers@gov on 9 Feb and received rejection on 12 Feb.
32 this year, considering spf at mid career switch. Pay about early 5k. Anyone can shed some light why the swift rejection? Thank you

gniljia

Reaction score
29 F, career switch, drawing ~4K.
rejected one week after SA.

Wondering if visible tattoo is an issue for SPF? (on wrist)
Any one can advise?

ashque17

Reaction score
29 F, career switch, drawing ~4K.
rejected one week after SA.

Wondering if visible tattoo is an issue for SPF? (on wrist)
Any one can advise?

Yes, mainly cause of the tattoo's visibility which could not be hidden under uniform and exposed to public eyes. Maybe if at the back or torso, they will consider.

gniljia

Reaction score
I see! I would have thought maybe if that's white ink, it will be less visible and they can consider. Oh well, onwards to next!

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure for SPF.

For SAF, 25 year old (Non-degree holder) & 27 tear old (Degree holder) is the age limit for Commission Officer position.

Thought senior officer got higher age ceiling?

Sent from 穷挫矮胖永独 using GAGT

Soyasauce

Reaction score
Hello bros, i applied for the home team diploma sponsorship back in october last year, they contacted me about two weeks after i applied where they scheduled for my psychometric test.

After the psychometric test they scheduled for the panel interview which is once again two weeks later. The interview in my case was a 9 interviewers to 1 interviewee.

A month later i was scheduled for medical on 8 December. Few weeks ago i emailed them to ask when the results would be out and they say the assesment and interviews are still ongoing for the other sponsorship applicants so they would notify us about the outcome when concluded.

Today, around 3 pm i finally recieved an email congratulating the sponsorship applicants for recieving the award. The contents of the email besides congralutating was to give us the forms and instruction to find two sureties for bond signing.

Hope this information would be of help !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.