Who is using stock red/back speaker cables for their mid/high end MM speakers

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interested in upgrading? How much are u willing to pay if I provide such service?

Phil

AhHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still using stock cables for my mw550....
wat cables u recommend? budget below 100 :o

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will not recommend expensive cables for a start because its not efficient. Max is 20% of the speaker cost.

I recommend Pro Audio grade brands like Belden/Klotz/Canare which cost $6 & below per meter . Termination will depends on the speaker model. Nickel or gold plated metal RCA plugs at $4 & below.

I do e marketing, termination & testing.

Phil

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to do an upgrade on my speaker's cable but dunno how to buy... maybe you help me buy and I will pay you ? Using MW550

AhHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Philip said:
I will not recommend expensive cables for a start because its not efficient. Max is 20% of the speaker cost.

I recommend Pro Audio grade brands like Belden/Klotz/Canare which cost $6 & below per meter . Termination will depends on the speaker model. Nickel or gold plated metal RCA plugs at $4 & below.

I do e marketing, termination & testing.

Phil
bro...how many meters do i need?
wats termination?
:o

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can do a search to find out the model normally recommended by people..

Phil

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bencheongcm said:
I want to do an upgrade on my speaker's cable but dunno how to buy... maybe you help me buy and I will pay you ? Using MW550
You don't need expensive speakers cables. For something of decent price and performance, the QED oeiginal is more than enough. If not, QED micro also can.

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AhHuat said:
bro...how many meters do i need?
wats termination?
:o

How many meter I can't advise u. That depends on where u mount your speakers & how far its from your sub.

Termination is RCA on sub end & bare on e other end. Bare end will be soldered to make it more durable.

If I do all the dirty job for you.. how much are u willing to pay for service?

Phil

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISS said:
You don't need expensive speakers cables. For something of decent price and performance, the QED oeiginal is more than enough. If not, QED micro also can.

Most branded cable companies don't make cables, most of e time its OEM from people like Belden. So its better to use pro audio stuff.

Phil

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Philip said:
How many meter I can't advise u. That depends on where u mount your speakers & how far its from your sub.

Termination is RCA on sub end & bare on e other end. Bare end will be soldered to make it more durable.

Phil
By right, you aren't allow to advertise your products/services thus pls don't say things till so obvious leh.

dethangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You bought silver solder eh? ... Not cheap 1 roll .. :s13:

Using klotz speaker cables for my Tangent 4000s ....

To those who are to embark .. just a word of advice, try to avoid silver cables as they might make your system too bright.

AhHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Philip said:

Phil
i guess same length as the stock cables....
ur dirty job as in helping me buy the things and solder the things?

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISS said:
By right, you aren't allow to advertise your products/services thus pls don't say things till so obvious leh.

Or.. anyway.. just testing. See whether can do freelance.

Phil

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Philip said:
Most branded cable companies don't make cables, most of e time its OEM from people like Belden. So its better to use pro audio stuff.

Phil
Whats pro audio? Never heard of that brand before?

Philip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dethangel said:
You bought silver solder eh? ... Not cheap 1 roll .. :s13:

Using klotz speaker cables for my Tangent 4000s ....

To those who are to embark .. just a word of advice, try to avoid silver cables as they might make your system too bright.

I got silver solder from states & they cost a bomb. Not worth it for MM speakers.

Silver cables will work well with dark sounding speakers. So it got its worth too.. likewise for silver coated copper cables.

Phil

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bencheongcm said:
is the moster cable S14 a good pick ?
Me not a monster cable believer. I prefer QED, Van Den Hul, Nordost and Kimber Kable. AFA also not bad.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.