learning japanese

ShougunX

Reaction score
ender51244 said:
lol. thanks for the advice. i'm half-way through my jcs course... still managing pretty okay. though i have alot of catch up on keigo, demo atashi wa kanarazu ganbarimasu. =)

ot a bit.....atashi tte.....kimi jousei? haha

fumofumo

Master Member
Reaction score
last yr's JLPT results shd be in the mailbox liao. Just got mine. :)

(OT: thank god i passed, or else i'll curse the bugger (sitting right in front of me) whose HP rang during the listening part)

ShougunX

Reaction score
去年JLPT合格した皆サンおめでとう!!!!失敗した人気にしないで今年頑張ろう!

fumofumo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hayate said:
any good website to learn Jap???
earlier post in this thread:
morohh said:
if no $$ just learn online like me lolz.

go http://www.guidetojapanese.org/ for grammar and stuff
then kanji just search google can liao. of course you must memorise hiragana and katakana 1st la

for practical, try to read jap webbie, post in jap language can le. watch jap movie to hear them talk and lagi best if you got partner to practise with :) works for me.

there's also some guides here (well, usually i use this as dictionary, never tried the guides, so dun ask me how gd the guides are):
Nihongo Resources

JoySakurai

Reaction score
Hmm.. I'm taking Japanese too.. But at Ikoma Language School at Shaw House.
My teacher is Nishio sensei and shes really a very good teacher.

Will be taking JLPT 3 this year.

Neway, Just wanna know, for the JLPT exams, do they just grade you like 'pass', 'fail'
or do they have 'A' 'B' 'C' gradings or sth?

ShougunX

Reaction score
Huh? u never took level 4 b4?? It's only pass or fail, no gradings. But u have the score sheet also to show how much u have scored for each individual sections & the grand total. Remember, the passing grade for level 4-2 is 60% or 240 inclusive of 50% pass in each section, and level 1 is 70% or 280.

ender51244

Reaction score
Ikoma is good.

they have full year of Japanese courses on preparation for JLPT. but expensive.

for JLPT exams, they will send you a score sheet with a piece of paper. the score sheet will have your marks for all the sections and the last column will put a "Pass" or "Fail" (in Japanese)

JoySakurai

Reaction score
ah... thx shougun n ender for all the info~

nope, i din take jlpt4. jumping straight to jlpt3 this yr after our intemediate courses a done.

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score
gd choice ^_^ not much diff between 3 and 4 so might as well save the $$$. diff for lvl 3,2,1 however.........

ender51244

Reaction score
JoySakurai said:
ah... thx shougun n ender for all the info~

nope, i din take jlpt4. jumping straight to jlpt3 this yr after our intemediate courses a done.

I also did that and passed my JLPT 3 this year. but i didn't study at Ikoma, so i dun know if intermediate is good enough or not. but I do have a friend who went for their all-year-round JLPT 2 preparation class, which gives him a mountain stack of notes and papers to do... that's why he can do well in his JLPT 2. =)

JoySakurai

Reaction score
haha...

yeah, ikoma does give loads of notes huh?
i've only been studying here for like 4months and i've already filled more den 2 RING Files with all their notes and stuff..
haha.. x.x||

hopefully i can pass my JLPT3 this year.. don't wanna waste the 2k i spent on studying at ikoma.. =(

neway, anyone have any comments on the japanese classes at singapore poly?
maybe after intermediate i can go take theirs coz its soooooo much cheaper.. but have a feeling that its not gonna be very good.. somehow.. haha.. their teachers a chinese rite?

ShougunX

Reaction score
JoySakurai said:
haha...

yeah, ikoma does give loads of notes huh?
i've only been studying here for like 4months and i've already filled more den 2 RING Files with all their notes and stuff..
haha.. x.x||

hopefully i can pass my JLPT3 this year.. don't wanna waste the 2k i spent on studying at ikoma.. =(

neway, anyone have any comments on the japanese classes at singapore poly?
maybe after intermediate i can go take theirs coz its soooooo much cheaper.. but have a feeling that its not gonna be very good.. somehow.. haha.. their teachers a chinese rite?
Wa!! 2K!! So exp!!??? i onli spent close to 1K n tat is taking jlpt 4 & 3. Ya i do agree tat lvl3 & 4 is rather similar. Waste my time n $$ going for both...hahaha but tat is donkey yrs ago la

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.