LATEST RMA instructions for Various HDD Brands

redno

Reaction score
addict951 said:
Cyberstar is a new Maxtor agent?

I think so. U hav to called to check which harddisk is belongs to.
I have serviced ard 4 Maxtor HDDs. From Acecom, quite good service, the last time got a brand new 2 weeks old HDD from them when sent in a older model.

mikafire

Reaction score
RMA IBM TravelStar 2.5" 30GB HDD

weng said:
well done man... maybe the mods should take away my antique rma faq from the archives. :laugh:
actually sld merge your faq with this faq. tks to you bro :). i follow your procedures & my harddisk is back today :laugh:. This is my RMA:

Send in my IBM TravelStar 2.5" 30GB HDD, in ESD bag, on 05/12/2003 for RMA & received it, in a nicely packed box by UPS, today 15/12/2003 (Abt 10 days). Total cost is $3.50 as follows,

$0.50 : Postpac bubble envelope
$1.00 : Stamp
$2.00 : Registered Mail

Yes, still can use Postpac bubble envelope for RMA, not necessary by box. Must use ESD bag only.

redno

Reaction score
Thank you for updates from all.

I would greatly appreciate that you send me the detailed information which you know and hav confirmed.
Please send thru PM so to keep this thread short. I will update the thread whenever there is any new update.

Yugnoz_sg

Reaction score
redno said:

I think so. U hav to called to check which harddisk is belongs to.
I have serviced ard 4 Maxtor HDDs. From Acecom, quite good service, the last time got a brand new 2 weeks old HDD from them when sent in a older model.

same here got a brand new one too..

Time of RMA: 14 to 28 Working days (Shipped to Vietnam)

it's actually to Penang

redno

Reaction score
feitz said:
wat abt samsung HDD?

Samsung HDD not much ppl buy yet..
But if once someone send me the infor, I wil post it up.

Thank you for the feedback.

feitz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
redno said:

Samsung HDD not much ppl buy yet..
But if once someone send me the infor, I wil post it up.

Thank you for the feedback.

okie! :D

night87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro pls edit ur RMA abt WD harddisks ..

look for block 750 Bay(B) then there is one metal detector thingy post there tell the security that u wan a RMA of WD harddisk . sign in use IC exchange for pass then he will bring u in then u pass the harddisk to them then ok liaoz ..

redno

Reaction score
xp20046 said:
for warranty, if no receipt can or not?

Recipt is not required. Date of manufacture on the HDD label is important -shall not exceed the years of warranty given

denbaguze

Reaction score
Bro, hows the procedure to claim RMA of my 300 GB Seagate HD?
Never know RMA before, do we need to make any online RMA before at www.seagate.com ?

Thankz in advance..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.