Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

Goonies_88

Master Member
Reaction score
darn.. their excel file so many error.. can at least pick 3 out... sorrie bro, i tink our lesson mostly in the morning.. abit hard to read though.. da mn it

damdam

Reaction score
lol. Well, that's that. Dont really care la, wait till orientation to find out more. See you there :D

Swakoo

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so anyone got the offer letter for Jan PT DSS Course?
I was told they sent to me though I haven't got anything yet. Now thinking whether want to wait another 3 months or jump ship to BIT PT in Oct

averx1234

Reaction score
MaximusAE said:
Anyone taking FT Year 1 studies? Seems like most of you here got advance standing.
I love UOW......FT ????yr 3 then got lec from uow come and teach..

noz

Reaction score
averx1234 said:
Why so many ??????.....BIT is DL degree loh.....UniSim degrees are all local degrees for adults (21 and above)...How to judge Popular...in terms of certs maybe unisim is too new but is recognise by Spore empolyees...UOW in another hand is recognise world wide (Usa.....) despite it is a aus cert..but for Spore too many grads liao ......It is up to You guys who wana take UOW or Unisim.......Do some research......UOW more popular in IT industry???Can compare to local Grads????

The officer was not wrong when she mentioned UOW is a more popular choice in the IT industry. IT industry meaning those companies that are involved in IT business. If you are providing internal support for a local company or non-IT MNC, then the university where you get your degree from doesn't matter as long as they are not local university.

Let me share with you some of my experience. I graduated few months ago from SIM UOW BIT programme and decided to have a lookout at job opportunities. Most HR from local companies never heard of this university before and I always get the "WHERE IS THIS UNIVERSITY LOCATED?"question. So I have to start the intro... "Largest IT research centre in the southern hemisphere... blah blah"

I decided to change my direction and send resumes to IT outsourcing companies. It was not only "heard of" but also well-received. Especially Indian outsourcing companies, they are simply impressed with UOW and moreover I got a Distinction degree. In result , I joined a foreign bank as a Administrator and got a very good increment.

How do you make use of the 15K toilet paper depends on how you do marketing for it. Those who never heard of UOW is not because it is no good or not famous, simply they are not updated with the latest in the aussie education sector. In Aussie, when it comes to listing out the institutions for IT education, UOW is probably the name you would found in every list, even the shortest. Singapore as a trend follower, would definately accept this degree as it has been done in Aussie. So, do look far.

Last edited:

averx1234

Reaction score
Hi Noz when you graduate few mths then you are 3 intake or 2nd intake..so the graduation nxt year 2007 in SIM are u going lah.Wah pass with distinction....Very good.Thanks for the advice....But I still enjoy taking the UOW course in SIM.

Eros

Reaction score
Dear BSSF Intake 3 Students

Please be informed that the venue of the UOW Orientation on 27 Sep'06 (Wed) at 10am has been changed to LT1-10 (Level 1).

Regards

UOW Team

damdam

Reaction score
Haha, I only found out when i saw the sticker pasted near the lifts. Anyway, who was at orientation and is going for 3rd year?

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah piang, very few girls, heng yr2 got 4 girls at least heehee

Swakoo

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so any of you guys already doing DSS? any comments? I'm to start in Jan

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do update here how the degree program is like. I just got owned by MDIS cos they kept me waiting for my Biz computing degree to start since aug and now its pushed to next march. Thinking of doing this degree instead. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.