LATEST RMA instructions for Various HDD Brands

denbaguze

Reaction score
Can I just go direclty to the Achieva Tech bringing my printed RMA and Harddisk?
Or should shipping it like stated on the website?

redno

Reaction score
denbaguze said:
Can I just go direclty to the Achieva Tech bringing my printed RMA and Harddisk?
Or should shipping it like stated on the website?

maybe u want to talk offline with me.. use private message function.. cos I dont want this trhread to balloon up with queries. I can answer yr queries using PM. No worries. As for whether you can bring down the printed RMA or not,

First, u called up Achieva to check that you can RMA the harddisk with them first.
Second, if ok, just bring down the harddisk to them and get a new replacement. no need to print any form.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hitachi new RMA address:

Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Singapore, Pte Ltd, Returns Dept.
31 ALPS Avenue, #03-00
SINGAPORE 498784
SINGAPORE

redno

Reaction score
tsumabuki said:
may i know where exactly to purchase ESD bags? and foam rubber as well...

ESD bags - you can get it when you buy graphic cards/HDD/motherboard. Bascially it is electronic-static bag... those black transparent bag that are used to wrap around electronic components. If you dont have, walk around Sim Lim Sq, you can find alot of them discarded outside shops...

Foam rubber - same as ESD bags. Can get from SingPost

tsumabuki

Reaction score
thank you for your reply. i must be like an idiot walking ard sim lim and asking them whether they sell,
and now i realise it's really not easily available on sale. shall go find discarded ones then...

Not_So_Blur

Reaction score

fattsheng

Reaction score
Can I check... To RMA Hitachi HDD must send by mail to HGST? Can we go down personally and if we do so will they immediately change a another one?

Dirkenberg

Reaction score
Just got back a refurbished Dec-05, 2.5" 80GB drive from AceCom in SLS. Waited for 3 weeks, and got a refurbished drive that is older than the one (March-06) i sent for RMA!

So if the refurbished drive needs to RMA again *touch wood*, does that mean i will have a warranty period from Dec-05 onwards? Or does the refurbished drive eligible for RMA in the first place?

Sigh. Looking at the full of fingerprints and scratches refurbished drive, compared to the brand new one that i previously had..

HEARTPAIN..

redno

Reaction score
fattsheng said:
Can I check... To RMA Hitachi HDD must send by mail to HGST? Can we go down personally and if we do so will they immediately change a another one?

If you go down personally, they will process for your the RMA procedure, and send you another HDD to your house through UPS or DHL. They do not provide personal one-to-one exchange service, as they will still need to determine whether is the harddisk faulty, and prepare paperwork.

You will be amazed at how fast the harddisk is sent to your house.

redno

Reaction score
Not_So_Blur said:
Have check with the mentioned website with my harddiisk serial number, but it shows:

Verify warranty status

Country and hard disk drive information entry > Ineligible for RMA creation

Product valid for warranty return only in India. Return to Point of Purchase.

This shows that your harddisk is a parallel import. The shop you bought from did not buy harddisk from our local distributor.

So far, as for arranty rejected due to location of the buyer, I only encounter with Western Digital. As for Hitachi, I did not encounter as those harrdisk I bought are of local production or thru local distributors.

Frankly speaking, You may want to contact Hitachi Helpdesk. I contact other HArddisk rep before and get things done.. At one instance, I even found out the WD harddisk I bought was fake!!!!! They show me a photo of their original WD harrdisk as compared to my WD harddisk... the label was different!!!

redno

Reaction score
Dirkenberg said:
Just got back a refurbished Dec-05, 2.5" 80GB drive from AceCom in SLS. Waited for 3 weeks, and got a refurbished drive that is older than the one (March-06) i sent for RMA!

So if the refurbished drive needs to RMA again *touch wood*, does that mean i will have a warranty period from Dec-05 onwards? Or does the refurbished drive eligible for RMA in the first place?

Sigh. Looking at the full of fingerprints and scratches refurbished drive, compared to the brand new one that i previously had..

HEARTPAIN..

feel pain for you...
I had recently RMA two Harddisks from Seagate and Western Digital. Both DHL or UPS to my house. The western Digital one was especially fast! They even extend my warranty for another one year!!!!!!
Through the forum, I learnt that Seagate might upgrade the RMA-ed 120Gb HDD to a higher capabiltiy HDD, so I also hope for that as I RMA-ed 120Gb... but still I got back a 120Gb.. nevertheless it is still a working...

I believe you are refering to MAxtor... maxtor had a one of the worse RMA procedures.... need to call to verify which distributor in SIngapore service your HDD.... then you need to send the HDD there and collect it back from the service center.. for ppl who are working, I just cannot afford to have two days of leaves to service my HDD....

One plus thing abt their HDD was (must re-emphaize "WAS") fast and performance-based.... Since their company had been bought over by Seagate, and their local plant is closing down... I believe their RMA service is going to get worse with insufficient HDD to return...

Next, about your refurished HDD, the new warranty will still roguhly be the same as the original hdd, example if you original HDD has a warranty expiring on Apr 10 2007. Then the refurished one will warranty date expiring around the same date.... maybe May 2007 or even more.. it depends..

Like my previous post, My WD HDD was extended for one year!

Maxtor nowaday dont really have a good reputation due to their infamous MAx diamond 8 plus series.....

pipika

Reaction score
An update on Maxtorture RMA

My RMA distributor is Esys, at sim lim square 5th floor. On sat, I went down to learn that they no longer do RMA for maxtor harddrive and cannot provide me with an alternative of whom I should go to replace it.

Today I called the singapore service centre and my call was routed to Ireland and the joker on the phone told me I should send it to esys. When I told him that they are no longer available as I personally went down, he could not give me an alternative. Then I called 62335565 and Sok Wan from Maxtor picked up the call. She mentioned that due to Seagate terminating their contract with eSys, eSys is no longer the distributor. My options are:

Send to another distributor and pay handling fees
or send it to Maxtor Malaysia collection plant directly.

Maxtorture is not going to pay or waive off the handling charges. The decision to terminate eSys is by Seagate. This is seriously unfair to the consumer. Why should I pay $50 handling charge for an issue caused by them? I insisted to speak to somebody with authority in RMA in Seagate. However the person was not available. Had to go to the general RMA. Ivy who picked up the call. She said that she would have to go to her supervisor on this replacement issue as I am the first with a Maxtor drive from eSys. The current seagate drives from eSys are to be returned to Seagate directly and Seagate cannot accept Maxtor drives for RMA until probably late Dec. Now I am waiting for tomorrow to see how they are going to deal with my issue. Lets see how Seagate is going to treat their subsidary customers.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
redno said:
IBM / Hitachi

RMA Website: http://www.hgst.com/warranty/jsp/arma31.jsp

Address:
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Singapore, Pte Ltd, Returns Dept.
31 ALPS Avenue, #03-00
SINGAPORE 498784
SINGAPORE

Reach Via:

Packaging: Bare Drive in ESD Bag.
(Note: if mailing, DO NOT USE Bubble pack, only Foam Rubber)
Additional Info, see below post, you can send using SingPost Pac Material

Time of RMA: 3 weekes +-

Btw, if you still have IBM HDD, this is the link for direct purchase only.
http://www.pc.ibm.com/ww/hdd/hddredr/hddredr_w.html

Hello!

Do u know the opening hours of their Returns Department? Thanks in advance.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ah_cheng1882 said:
i went there on tue.

suggest u mail it in. its easier
Dun want lah... I wanna go there myself. :)

Anyway, I have already found out the opening hours.
It does open on Sat from 8.30am to 12.30pm.

spyder79

Master Member
Reaction score
How do RMA my Maxtor HDD ?

i did a RMA online, the website tell me to send back to Penang !!

Anyway that i can do it locally ?

the shop that i got the HDD from, closed down liao, my warranty left abt 3mth..

any1 can help ??

Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.