Best ramen in Singapore

Ratix0

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha I tried benpu over the weekend.

Level 6. Quite shiok, stomach was growling a bit after finishing everything up though. Sprite solved the problem though. I love spicy stuff, going to try level 8 next time. Shiok =D.

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ratix0 said:
Haha I tried benpu over the weekend.

Level 6. Quite shiok, stomach was growling a bit after finishing everything up though. Sprite solved the problem though. I love spicy stuff, going to try level 8 next time. Shiok =D.

Went Ichiban Tei today and ate the tonkatsu ramen....no fight wif Miharu imo.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Noodle Shop Ken today and had their signature Aji Tama ramen. I must admit it is a lot of ramen for $12. The 2 slices of chashu was thick and generous (but I would prefer it marinated much better) and the noodles were generous. The noodles here have a different quality from those of Ohsho and Miharu. I still prefer how Miharu done it, but Ken really does have LOTS of noodle, so I won't argue with that. And most importantly, the tamago (egg) was superb. It was just done perfectly! Nothing compares to this! And there were garnishes of bamboo shoots, seaweed and more vegetables. The soup was just nice as well, neither too salty nor too watery.

The direct competitor to Ken is Ohsho which is just in the building across the street and the similar dish on their menu is the Tamago ramen. I think I prefer Ken's to Ohsho despite it being $2 more. The only regret in that case would then be in the gyoza, cos Ohsho is still better and they have a special sauce to go with it. So you have to decide if you like the ramen or the gyoza more? :D

And the rating:

Soup: *** Noodle: ** Chashu:*** (for size, ** for taste) Egg: ***

Ah yes Ichibantei is never as good as Miharu, but they has a bigger range of food if you have picky friends with you.

Last edited:

pyrrhous

Reaction score
My two cents worth.

Ichibantei and Kado Men are worth trying out.
I would recommend Ken Noodle.
Beppu and Kyo Nichi arent exactly good.
Try Shimbashi Soba at Paragon. A tad expensive but the quality of their noodles is fantastic.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pyrrhous said:
My two cents worth.

Ichibantei and Kado Men are worth trying out.
I would recommend Ken Noodle.
Beppu and Kyo Nichi arent exactly good.
Try Shimbashi Soba at Paragon. A tad expensive but the quality of their noodles is fantastic.
Where is Kado Men?

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kifo said:
Where is Kado Men?

think it's at grand plaza park royal.
just beside sg chinese chamber of commerce <-- dunno correct name or not :s13:
anyway opposite armenian church/hill street fire station

i haven't tried yet.. you go tell me nice or not! :D

Big Ramen fan

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RSKeisuke said:

Big Ramen fan
Okay I will try by this weekend! :D

spinelli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RSKeisuke said:

Big Ramen fan

tried this last week.not bad lah.but the tempura is power!!err the price also power lah,think is $30 ah :s31:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spinelli said:
tried this last week.not bad lah.but the tempura is power!!err the price also power lah,think is $30 ah :s31:
$30 for ramen? More "power" than Miharu?!

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to try 2 places!

This is the terrific Jyangara Ramen at Tampopo. They were advertising this new pork they were using for their ramen - Kurobuta (Black Pig). And I must say the Kurobuta Chashu is really good! In fact it is really the best chashu I have tasted till now! The soup is a very nice tonkotsu base (though i think it is a bit salty?) and the egg is also marvellous (losing just a bit to Ken's egg I feel). The only thing is I don't really like the noodles. Miharu also claims they use Hokkaido noodles and theirs is so much better.

Nevertheless, the whole place was crowded with Japanese eating noodles and it is really good.

The other place I went to was Kadomen. I think the place is more like a small izakaya cos they have lots of other dishes as well. And it is a really small place. When I was there, I only managed to try their very common chashu men (shoyu soup base) but they have a wide range of other ramen, and some very odd flavours too. They seemed to be very proud of their tantan men cos they were recommending it to me, perhaps someone here can try theirs and compare it with Ichibantei? As for their chashumen, the chashu were very very thin slices not to my taste but the noodles were very nice. I think they might do better with their more unique ramen or chanpon type of dishes.

Okay I shall round up all the ramen I have tried in these few weeks:

MIHARU (tokusen miso ramen)
soup:*** noodle:*** chashu:* egg:**

ICHIBANTEI (tonkotsu ramen)
soup:** noodle:** chashu:** egg:**

OHSHO (tamago ramen)
soup:* noodle:** chashu:*** egg:**

AJISEN (tokusen ramen)
soup:** noodle:* chashu:* egg:*

KEN's NOODLE SHOP (aji tama ramen)
soup:*** noodle:** chashu:*** (for size, ** for taste) egg:***

TAMPOPO (kyushu jyanngara ramen)
soup:*** noodle:** chashu:*** egg:***

KADOMEN (chashu men)
soup:** (shoyu) noodle:*** chashu:* egg:N.A.

Last edited:

pyrrhous

Reaction score
Havent tried Tampopo but will try thanks to the good review here. Anyone tried Ramen Ramen at Rail Mall?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw there is a Ramen Ramen branch at PS now. I shall try that place soon!

rebook

Reaction score
Just back from Hokkaido, and really love the ramen there.

Had the clock-tower ramen in sapporo, ajisai ramen in hakodate, and my favorite, the one in asahikawa, fire on mountain。All superb ramen!

Decided to look for good ramen in Singapore, and found this thread, will try those recommended by you and see if any one could have similiar standard. :)

Which one should I try first?

BTW, I remember that there was a ramen store in Maxwell couple of years ago, which sells ramen at only $4.9, which is of pretty good quality, especially the chashu meat. Seems it's gone now, anyway knows where they relocated to? (hopefully they didn't close shop)

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried Noodle House Ken ...

Good soup, rich and not salty. Good stewed egg (the yolk inside is soft and gooey). Chashu is dry though. So my experience is the same as the ones reported in this thread. Made the mistake of ordering bigger portion thinking they serve more ingredients, end up more noodles. Should've just topped up ingredients with $2.

ufo8mydog

Reaction score
rebook said:
Just back from Hokkaido, and really love the ramen there.

Had the clock-tower ramen in sapporo, ajisai ramen in hakodate, and my favorite, the one in asahikawa, fire on mountain。All superb ramen!

Decided to look for good ramen in Singapore, and found this thread, will try those recommended by you and see if any one could have similiar standard. :)

Which one should I try first?

BTW, I remember that there was a ramen store in Maxwell couple of years ago, which sells ramen at only $4.9, which is of pretty good quality, especially the chashu meat. Seems it's gone now, anyway knows where they relocated to? (hopefully they didn't close shop)
doubt the noodles here will be better than japan.

anyway the ramen shop in maxwell is not in singapore anymore. the jap dude went back to japan and closed shop. prob experimental biz venture in singapore.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to ramen ramen. Basically this place is a similar version of Ajisen. I had their Ramen Ramen Ramen. The soup isn't hot enough and I don't like the kind of noodles they use (quite similar to the Ajisen type really). The chashu is not bad though, the pieces are big and not too dry. That is probably the only good thing to recommend this over Ajisen.

RAMEN RAMEN (ramen ramen ramen)
soup:** noodles:* chashu:*** egg:* (half a boiled egg)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.