Best ramen in Singapore

rebook

Reaction score
ufo8mydog said:
doubt the noodles here will be better than japan.

anyway the ramen shop in maxwell is not in singapore anymore. the jap dude went back to japan and closed shop. prob experimental biz venture in singapore.

Thanks for the info and so sad to know. :(

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally went to Ken Noodle Shop....comment abt the same as Kifo but I forgot his advice and asked for big size for extra $2.....I'll skip dinner today.

Soup is as good as Miharu but less saltish/sweet which is just nice for me. Setup of the place is also very traditional Japan small ramen shop. Guess it serves the night crowd more cause there's only me n my wife eating there this afternoon.

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went kadoman just now at Grand Plaza Parkroyal... the ramen not nice, both noodle and soup not nice.

It's being struck off my list of nice ramen.. :s7:

Will go again:
Miharu
Ichibantei
Ken Noodle House
Tampopo

Yet to try:
Ohsho

Will not go again:
Ajisen
Uma Uma men
Ramen Ramen
Kado Man

Last edited:

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for recommending Ken's, it is a really nice place to go. The ramen was nice, although i am not a ramen expert, but both my gf and I found it nice.

we shared the charsiew rice and big portion of the noodles, the rice was very nice as well.

The next time i can go and try the miharu :D

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score
ufo8mydog said:
rice @ ken's is good? wat did u eat?

hmmm we ate the char siew rice, which is basically charsiew with rice and an egg and 2 pieces of seaweed.

I am not really a gourmet expert but its just that my gf saw a group of japanese eating it and it looks nice to her so we jus try lor. Then we jus found it nice as well, haha.... and it cost $5 a bowl.

unnamednamed

Reaction score
the traditional 1 ... located at orchard plaza... i tink ... the boss is a japanese .. the concept of the store all follow japan .. RAMEN ... BEST

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sounds good...might be trying ken noodles this fri or weekends...
other then ramen do you guys order sides? or would the ramen itself be enough for you?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gyoza? But I don't like Ken's gyoza that much...
209200.gif

cptan30

Reaction score
ha i m surprised by the favourable comments about ken noodles.

The noodles portion is filling, the egg is not too bad, the chashu pretty big pieces, but soup is so so, noodles is ordinary.... also tried the gyoza which is ordinary to me.

Perhaps the cook had a off day but my guest and I were not impressed with their ramen.

Overall 3/5.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry to disturb this thread. I just came back from Tokyo and very good ramen can be had for around 500yen only, ie. about $7. The ramen sold in singapore is so over-priced!

pyrrhous

Reaction score
twosix said:
sorry to disturb this thread. I just came back from Tokyo and very good ramen can be had for around 500yen only, ie. about $7. The ramen sold in singapore is so over-priced!
This reminds me of having prata in Australia where the prata with curry is priced at $8plus.
Guess like how prata is a local dish, ramen is very much Japan's dish so it is usually cheaper and better.

marcnggc

Reaction score
Agreed!!!
Last got my ramen fix at Tokyo too at 600yen...
The experience is DARN SUPERB...

slack

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the recommendations. My friend and i will be trying out miharu next monday. Before it, may i ask what is the opening hours for it? and is the place at Gallery Hotel at robertson quay? If so, is there any specific attire that must be adhered to? or just t-shirt and jeans is sufficient?

Also i would also like to know Ken's noodle shop's opening hours as well.

Thanks

picadevil

Reaction score
I have a disappointing experince with Miharu last Sat. After reading many forums and most give a thumb up, I decided to try it. Ordered 3 different soup base namely, miso, pig bone(cant remember the exact details) and garlic/sesame. Overall the soup base is very salty and oily. The garlic/sesame soup got a strong taste that make my throat uncomfortable.

I think I will nvr visit it again. Just my 2cents.

IMHO I still think the Ramen at Tampopo (Liang Court) is the best.

slack

Master Member
Reaction score
wow that bad? lucky my friend and i haven't visited yet. will probably try ken's noodle. And have anyone tried Waruku? the chain of Jap restaurants: http://www.waraku.com.sg/
their menu also got ramen but given they also have lots of other jap food so how is the quality?

Jiamin

Reaction score
one ramen shop was featured on tv recently (like...1 or 2 months). i duno wad's the chinese show's name nor the shop's name. but the shop is suppose to look like real jap shop. anyone noe wad shop is it and where?

seePyou

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
picadevil said:
IMHO I still think the Ramen at Tampopo (Liang Court) is the best.

SECOND THAT!
The Kyushu Pork Bone Ramen blows a non-Ramen lover away! Superb soup base and very nice pork chasu

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Tampopo after reading this thread again....my ranking goes Tampopo, Miharu followed by Ken. Miharu would b top if not for being too saltish but the charsiew from Tampopo is the best.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.