SET ST536v6 to bridge mode

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Diavonex, may I seek ur permission to include this step-by-step guide (with some structuring) into the FAQ thread in xDSL section?

MODs, can move this thread to xDSL section, put it sticky first. I will re-sort the info and put into the main FAQ thread later. TIA.

pred_error

Reaction score
thanks alot Daivonex, great seller this dude. went all the way to getting all this info for my soon-to-be-purchased ST536 :) salut!

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chaicka said:
Diavonex, may I seek ur permission to include this step-by-step guide (with some structuring) into the FAQ thread in xDSL section?

MODs, can move this thread to xDSL section, put it sticky first. I will re-sort the info and put into the main FAQ thread later. TIA.

Please do.

stressmage

Master Member
Reaction score
Bridge mode is the configuration of a modem that allows it to be able to use a router generally without conflict.

ooops

Reaction score
I just upgraded my plan & got this modem. I suspect Singtel has 'locked' this modem from being tampered. I run the residential cd & i constantly get the message 'device not found' even though i can surf the internet thru it. :s22: If i can't bypass this message, i cannot bridge the st536v6. I had bridged my colleague's one before but my own, i cannot! :s13: :alien:

eccentric86

Reaction score
ooops said:
I just upgraded my plan & got this modem. I suspect Singtel has 'locked' this modem from being tampered. I run the residential cd & i constantly get the message 'device not found' even though i can surf the internet thru it. :s22: If i can't bypass this message, i cannot bridge the st536v6. I had bridged my colleague's one before but my own, i cannot! :s13: :alien:

i am getting this as well, very pek cek, cos i just bought a new dlink 635 router!

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ooops said:

Note: The CD that comes with the modem is NOT the Residential CD and cannot be use to set the ST536v6 to bridge mode.

ooops

Reaction score
Simply cannot be done!

Diavonex said:
Note: The CD that comes with the modem is NOT the Residential CD and cannot be use to set the ST536v6 to bridge mode.

Diavonex, i downloaded & used your Residential CD to no avail.
Here are some screenshots you may want to see:

2zny8ie.jpg

34yqoo9.jpg

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your setup disk cannot detect your ST536. There's some thing wrong with your connection.

1. Try changing the CAT5 cable.

2. Make sure your computer is not set to Static IP.

3. Try use IE to setup your ST536.

Last edited:

the_ron

Master Member
Reaction score
-edit- nevermind, problem solved

ooops, do you have a firewall running?

my sygate firewall was causing problems and i had to disable it so my modem could be detected

Last edited:

sid4iwpa

Reaction score
VPI/VCI set to 0.100 as per the screen shot.
after this screen, there is another drop down list,
set to what huh?

IDZetc

Reaction score
Just a question, I'm currently connected to the internet using this modem and a D-Link router which is in PPoE mode. I didn't configure any settings on the modem at all. Is this advisable?

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IDZetc said:
Just a question, I'm currently connected to the internet using this modem and a D-Link router which is in PPoE mode. I didn't configure any settings on the modem at all. Is this advisable?

That's what bridge mode is all about; nothing to set.

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sid4iwpa said:
VPI/VCI set to 0.100 as per the screen shot.
after this screen, there is another drop down list,
set to what huh?

Leave DHCP uncheck:

Admin Password is up to you:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.