Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
dreamz13 said:
I currently have a 6600GT. The price for Leadtek 7600GT seems pretty good. Is it worth the change? Will I notice any radical change in speed or improvement in gfx?
Yes, you will notice it, about 70% faster. Also, the standard 7600GT has 256MB compared to standard 6600GT 128MB.

Alternatively, you want to wait till 17 Apr 07? There will be a new generation of mid-range cards launch by Nvidia.

Last edited:

xxhellinvaderxx

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tenyawph said:
Yes, you will notice it, about 70% faster. Also, the standard 7600GT has 256MB compared to standard 6600GT 128MB.

Alternatively, you want to wait till 17 Apr 07? There will be a new generation of mid-range cards launch by Nvidia.

hm...is it worth to SLI 7600GT???

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
xxhellinvaderxx said:
hm...is it worth to SLI 7600GT???
SLI is always not worth the money, because it does not give double the performance, and the extra performance is always not consistent across all games - very much dependent on the gaming application. Better to get a more powerful single card.

SLI only, if money is no object.

xxhellinvaderxx

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tenyawph said:
SLI is always not worth the money, because it does not give double the performance, and the extra performance is always not consistent across all games - very much dependent on the gaming application. Better to get a more powerful single card.

SLI only, if money is no object.

hm...so if i dun SLI, which should i get???

ipporek

Master Member
Reaction score
What's a suggested 'comfortable' graphics card that can support World of Warcraft? Haven't upgraded my PC for a while and just realized my graphics card can't support the game. But yet don't feel a need to get a really good one, cos I don't use it for games (except in this case, WoW).

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
xxhellinvaderxx said:
hm...so if i dun SLI, which should i get???
Get the 8800GTS 320MB. Most value for money, and performance is close to that of the 8800GTS 640MB. I assume that you are running at 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.

xxhellinvaderxx

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tenyawph said:
Get the 8800GTS 320MB. Most value for money, and performance is close to that of the 8800GTS 640MB. I assume that you are running at 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.

yes, exactly.However, I am afraid that my CPU might bottleneck the graphic card

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
which graphics card (budget but gd) should i get that supports 1280 x 1024 resolution

i don't play games but use comp for watching movies...

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What kind of movies do you watch? DVD or HD movies obtained from elsewhere? If it's the latter, make sure the graphics card supports AVIVO or PureVideo HD (ATI and NVIDIA respectively). Else, if you don't play games, really, any graphics card that's compatible with your system will work fine.

What do you have now?

leogeo said:
which graphics card (budget but gd) should i get that supports 1280 x 1024 resolution

i don't play games but use comp for watching movies...

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
What kind of movies do you watch? DVD or HD movies obtained from elsewhere? If it's the latter, make sure the graphics card supports AVIVO or PureVideo HD (ATI and NVIDIA respectively). Else, if you don't play games, really, any graphics card that's compatible with your system will work fine.

What do you have now?
i watch dled movies...dvdrips

i don't even know what i have now! how to check?

Reaction score
sorry to interupt the thread. I want to upgarde my gfx to 8800gts320 with use my old rig taht i list. Any sugestion or komen. I just want to play popular 3d games with reso 1280 and want to max the setting plus want to get average fps 65 and above. Can i get all this with my rig

and what power suply is best suite to the card?

fre3dom85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
133450 said:
sorry to interupt the thread. I want to upgarde my gfx to 8800gts320 with use my old rig taht i list. Any sugestion or komen. I just want to play popular 3d games with reso 1280 and want to max the setting plus want to get average fps 65 and above. Can i get all this with my rig

and what power suply is best suite to the card?
u shld add 1 more stick of 1gb ram and also for power supply get around 500w.. and good to get branded like coolermaster, etc.. 65fps and above i don tink it a prob

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
Prices for GeForce 8 series updated. Performance is not quite what I expected. Therefore, my sentiments are the same as most reviewers, no upgrade required for those holding on to their existing mid-range DirectX 9 cards, as the latter performs equal or better in current DirectX 9 games.

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
5408854088 said:
is it worth to buy 8500GT?
If you are using onboard graphics, you get a boost in graphics performance. Not recommended for modern games, as this card is still quite weak in graphics performance.

ColinYip

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually looking at the cards, the 8 series- 8500gt, 8600gt/gts should not be reccomended until the current 7 series cards run dry in the market due to cost performance leh...

Wot u guys think?

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ColinYip said:
Actually looking at the cards, the 8 series- 8500gt, 8600gt/gts should not be reccomended until the current 7 series cards run dry in the market due to cost performance leh...

Wot u guys think?

IMO, while the price is definitely not right now, the only justifying reason to get a 8500 or 8600 card is DX10 support. And if I'm buying a new PC, I will not look back to DX9 cards anymore.

Of course now ain't the time for 8500/8600 cards until prices start dropping.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.