Anyone heading to UQ?

Carbuncle

Reaction score
Hi,

I am waiting for UQ's reply for entry into their Law programme...if thats successful I will be enrolling in Feb 2008. :)

joanna.87

Reaction score
ooh

oh icic =) hope u get in then! i'm having accomodation problems now actually sighh , cant exactly find roommates

Carbuncle

Reaction score
joanna.87 said:
oh icic =) hope u get in then! i'm having accomodation problems now actually sighh , cant exactly find roommates

got ur pm...but have problems sending out the reply via pm to you though...

i will go see if anyone i know is going over to UQ this july

will get back to you if i find anyone...

good luck in finding lodging meanwhile...are you not considering the on-campus residential colleges?

justinmicoud

Reaction score
There are loads of Singaporeans in UQ who might be able to help u someway or another, including myself. PM me if u need any additional info or help. I'll try my best to see what I can do. Cheers.

Demon_Hunter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also at UQ....

might be able to intro to you my current location if you are intrested....

Cheap and good....

Like homestay .. but isnt...

joanna.87

Reaction score
im not sure abt the on campus, i heard its not at all too good so im considering the apartments there instead!

justinmicoud

Reaction score
joanna.87 said:
im not sure abt the on campus, i heard its not at all too good so im considering the apartments there instead!
The on campus colleges are pretty alright to me. The cost factor might not be very appealing though. The good thing about staying in colleges is the accessibility to school facilities etc, experiencing staying with the local students in a same apartment/block. The downside? I've heard of some colleges having parties and stuff, noise factor is quite high. So it might be a hard to concentrate on your studies. What do you mean by "considering the apartments there?" Are you referring to the on-campus or off-campus accommodation?

I'm studying in Chemical Engineering 3rd year. Currently residing in St. Lucia. Takes about 15-20 walk to school.

Last edited:

xsashimix

Banned
Reaction score
my fren's apartment has a room for rent in July, shes studying in UQ as well, pm me
if you interested, area is beside indoorphilly shopping mall. good location for food,
shopping and groceries, near UQ as well. From what i know, the apts and places next
to UQ are very expensive and not as big.

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
justinmicoud said:
The on campus colleges are pretty alright to me. The cost factor might not be very appealing though. The good thing about staying in colleges is the accessibility to school facilities etc, experiencing staying with the local students in a same apartment/block. The downside? I've heard of some colleges having parties and stuff, noise factor is quite high. So it might be a hard to concentrate on your studies. What do you mean by "considering the apartments there?" Are you referring to the on-campus or off-campus accommodation?

I'm studying in Chemical Engineering 3rd year. Currently residing in St. Lucia. Takes about 15-20 walk to school.
my fren stay in a house opposite the colleges and on fri nite u can hear their party music from their house :)

justinmicoud

Reaction score
lycans said:
my fren stay in a house opposite the colleges and on fri nite u can hear their party music from their house :)
Ha. Tell me about it. My classmate staying in campus lodge tells me the international house nearby is the most "happening" place to stay in. You can probably just forget about studying if you're staying there. Ha.

joanna.87

Reaction score
haha oh im gonna rent a room at the manors, which is 5mins walk to UQ =) like across the road i heard? haha! im gonna do bsc in sciences (3rd year), wad abt u guys?

joanna.87

Reaction score
oh i heard the on campus ones are much more expensive thats why im opting outta it , dun wanna spend so much, hows the bills like tho / like internet and stuff ?

justinmicoud

Reaction score
joanna.87 said:
haha oh im gonna rent a room at the manors, which is 5mins walk to UQ =) like across the road i heard? haha! im gonna do bsc in sciences (3rd year), wad abt u guys?
The Manors? Ha. Yet another person staying there? I've passed by the place, viewed the apartment before since i've mates staying there, adequately sized, pretty good security, a swimming pool which i've heard has a drowned victim before, BUT definitely overpriced for me. Personal opinion. How much is it for a week? A$180 a week i suppose? I would say it as overpriced since I'm staying at a place for A$95 dollars a week and having a room bigger than the one offered at Manors.

It's at Sir Fred Schonell drive if i recall correctly. 5mins walk to UQ? Ermm..it's probably like 3 mins walk since it is just across the road.

Bsc in sciences? Are you by any chance doing any biomedical science?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.