HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

daphnetanxinling

Reaction score
hi guys, anyone going to HK between 9-13june? =) ill be staying at metropark kowloon hotel. has anyone stayed there recently? i read from this thread that food is pretty ex.. are there any places to get cheaper food? the hotel im staying in doesnt provide breakfast..i guess most dont..suggestions?
do they still give out the bags at the airport, containing those vouchers?ill be flying via jetstar..i read from some replies that the place where the plane lands is pretty desserted..is tt true?

jeff21

Reaction score
Just book tickets Via CX @532 witth 1nite inclusive onboard Star Pisces. So booking another 2 nites are some hotel in TST, total cost abt $672 each for 4 days 3 nites.
Issit Expensive

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
daphnetanxinling said:
hi guys, anyone going to HK between 9-13june? =) ill be staying at metropark kowloon hotel. has anyone stayed there recently? i read from this thread that food is pretty ex.. are there any places to get cheaper food? the hotel im staying in doesnt provide breakfast..i guess most dont..suggestions?
do they still give out the bags at the airport, containing those vouchers?ill be flying via jetstar..i read from some replies that the place where the plane lands is pretty desserted..is tt true?
not too sure about ur definition of deserted but:
after the plane has landed, you will need to take a train to the 'main' area where you will check out and take your luggage.
then from airport, it's around 1/2 hr to 1 hr journey via airport express (MTR) to the city

misshanako

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
not too sure about ur definition of deserted but:
after the plane has landed, you will need to take a train to the 'main' area where you will check out and take your luggage.
then from airport, it's around 1/2 hr to 1 hr journey via airport express (MTR) to the city

you may take the airport bus to city centre. its cheaper than airport express train.

about the cheap food, you get get some in Mongkok area. What kinds of food you prefer/ Fast food restaurants ok?

I live in HK, you can ask me any questions.

monster3

Reaction score
Any idea whats the airline that provide best offer tixs to hongkong? travelling on 11 july to 17 july.

Thanks in advance...

samuel21

Reaction score
helloo going there from 29th to 31st of May....so exciting.

misshanako: i will be there for only 3 days 2 nites. what are the really must dos?

I really wanna try all the hk food dim sum, mebbe some budget and some expensive ones. What are the really nice food stalls?

Regarding shopping, i read about the espirit and shopping at the citygates blah blah.. but where can i get nice work long sleeve shirts and pants?

And i really like to shop at temple street but what if i cant speak cantonese and not a good bargainer?
Is it really disadvantageous?

bh0322

Reaction score
monster3 said:
Any idea whats the airline that provide best offer tixs to hongkong? travelling on 11 july to 17 july.

Thanks in advance...

hi monster3, I am also planning to go HK as the same week as you. Looking for lower air tickets now. Maybe we can share the deals here if we happen to see any good ones.

Jetstar is around $750 for 2 persons for that week.

monster3

Reaction score
bh0322 said:
hi monster3, I am also planning to go HK as the same week as you. Looking for lower air tickets now. Maybe we can share the deals here if we happen to see any good ones.

Jetstar is around $750 for 2 persons for that week.
Great bro, i'm still looking for hotel n airtixs.

ya, jetstar abut $750 for 2 person include tax. SQ should be close to $1k on sweet deals, united airlines should be $888(not sure if taxs are included?), cathay almost $1.2k(way too ex). any other better option?

Have u booked ur hotel yet? currently considering Tatami Hampton Hotel Hong Kong. location on the map is alrite. between mongkok n Yau Ma Tei. Rate wise should be less than HK$480, but pictures of the rooms don't look good.

Maybe members here can give some review on Tatami Hampton Hotel.
Thanks in advance...

Maybe we can meetup in HongKong at some 'Cha Chung Tin' for coffee/tea.
Cheers!:s8:

Last edited:

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually looking for hotel for my stay during aug..but thinking might as well stay at hostel to save up more after reading thru the whole thread and alot of positive review on the hostel.

So need some help on the review and pics if any for the hostel.

Dragon Inn, Dragon Hostel or any hostel situated at Mong kok (Will prefer private BR)

Thanks alot!! :)

sushi_kat

Reaction score
hi all,
had booked UA and Mayfair Garden that cost me $674 per pax and travelling frm 19th to 23rd jun (5days 4nights)...

vengence_angels

Reaction score
hi all...

i booked Cathay..
going there for 5D4N..
from 12th to 16th..

paid $859 per pax..
staying at a hotel in Mongkok area..
inclusive of one night stay at Disney Hollywood Hotel and also one day pass to Disneyland..

is it a bit too ex?

bh0322

Reaction score
monster3 said:
Great bro, i'm still looking for hotel n airtixs.

ya, jetstar abut $750 for 2 person include tax. SQ should be close to $1k on sweet deals, united airlines should be $888(not sure if taxs are included?), cathay almost $1.2k(way too ex). any other better option?

Have u booked ur hotel yet? currently considering Tatami Hampton Hotel Hong Kong. location on the map is alrite. between mongkok n Yau Ma Tei. Rate wise should be less than HK$480, but pictures of the rooms don't look good.

Maybe members here can give some review on Tatami Hampton Hotel.
Thanks in advance...

Maybe we can meetup in HongKong at some 'Cha Chung Tin' for coffee/tea.
Cheers!:s8:

I am still deciding whether to stay in hostel or a hotel. There have been good reviews for the hostels whereas hotels in HK are rather small on the other hand. Got to make a decision soon. .....
Most likely I will be taking budget airlines as I am still checking the price daily......

Will let you know if there is any updates or better deals.

sushi_kat

Reaction score
vengence_angels said:
hi all...

i booked Cathay..
going there for 5D4N..
from 12th to 16th..

paid $859 per pax..
staying at a hotel in Mongkok area..
inclusive of one night stay at Disney Hollywood Hotel and also one day pass to Disneyland..

is it a bit too ex?
Hi vengence angels...
Cathay prices is around there and futhermore u've got a night stay at disneyland...

monster3

Reaction score
bh0322 said:
I am still deciding whether to stay in hostel or a hotel. There have been good reviews for the hostels whereas hotels in HK are rather small on the other hand. Got to make a decision soon. .....
Most likely I will be taking budget airlines as I am still checking the price daily......

Me too looking up jetstar website everyday to check for good deals.

Think my gf would prefer staying in a hotel rather than a hostel. Think we will be staying at YMCA international house.

Anyone can recommend some website for booking of hotels in HK mongkok?

Last edited:

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bh0322 said:

my vote goes to hostel
the other time i went hk, morning 6-7am go off liao
at night reach hostel around 11pm-12am
bath and slp liao, room if too extravagant will be a waste of money as i don't spend much time in the room :D

monster3

Reaction score
Will the rates of the hotel be cheaper if i'll to book directly at the hotel lobby counter? Cos my parents will be in HongKong next week. If its cheaper then i'll get them to reserve room for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.