Showcase your home theater setup thread

Questor

Reaction score
stimgam: depends on projector and throw distance. for 60"+, should be ok with 2m distance. i think every bedroom can handle it. if not, i think can change or add the lens to get more zoom.

don't forget, if your room is so small, 60" from 2m is actually about the same size effect to your eyes as 100" from 3m away.

ccwjames: also depends on individual. some people can view more wide. :) typically i think about 120", if not slightly more.

Last edited:

ccwjames

Reaction score
I hav order a 92' inch screen for my 4m viewing, think this size should be comfortable enough :)

ccwjames

Reaction score
just got my projector installed last weekend, but not that satisfy with the performance. the picture sometimes looks abit blur?( i don't know what words to use, can see square square frame) is the projector not gd enough? benq w100 and i am sitting around 4meter from 92 inch screen, is it too near that's why the picture not clear? or maybe is the DVD itself? :) because not all DVDs are blur but most of them....btw what is the setting in order to improve the picture quality?

axgero

Reaction score
dl said:
In the process of setting up my "low cost" "high impact" Home Theatre System.

Just placed an order for a Dell 2400MP Projector
Next, a Creative Giaworks S750 7.1 speaker set and a DDTS-100 decoder.
Finally a simple pull down projector screen.

Total Cost:
$1549 for the projector + $100 for wiring
$799 + 299 for the speakers + DTS decoder
$399 for a 96x96 Lav manual projector screen.
S$3046.

The diagonal 4:3 image is 120", 16:9 image is 110"

Will be running the multimedia from a multi-format Ichiban DVD mini-hifi player (plays Mpeg4), a DIY media PC + a DIY 1TB Multimedia File Server (4 x 250GB in RAID 0).

Will post images once project is completed

I have almost the same setup as yours. But feel S750 is not powerful enough to fill my room... if you are placing it in ur living hall, then............... :)

axgero

Reaction score
ccwjames said:
just got my projector installed last weekend, but not that satisfy with the performance. the picture sometimes looks abit blur?( i don't know what words to use, can see square square frame) is the projector not gd enough? benq w100 and i am sitting around 4meter from 92 inch screen, is it too near that's why the picture not clear? or maybe is the DVD itself? :) because not all DVDs are blur but most of them....btw what is the setting in order to improve the picture quality?

w100 have a weird native resolution of 854x480 to make up 16:9.
try using 4:3 setup for reading text/subtitle.

alextoh79

Reaction score
I now using a Planar Xscreen and Planar Xscreen.
Please visit www.planar.com.sg for more details.

P7250159.jpg

P7240135.jpg

P7250164.jpg

XscreenDemo.jpg

Last edited:

PTjak

Reaction score
Looks great, what's the gain on that screen?

Also, why the heck are you letting in all that ambient light? =:p

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PTjak said:
Looks great, what's the gain on that screen?

Also, why the heck are you letting in all that ambient light? =:p

the right way to watch TV is to on the ambient light :D

but that xscreen is just able to reflect as clear even if you turn on all your ambient light.

anyway, ignore that stupid singapore salesman link. It's overpriced here. I can either DIY or import myself from overseas. Unless they are selling the 100" one at 3K. Nobody will buy from them one lah.

alextoh79

Reaction score
iMbEst said:
the right way to watch TV is to on the ambient light :D

but that xscreen is just able to reflect as clear even if you turn on all your ambient light.

anyway, ignore that stupid singapore salesman link. It's overpriced here. I can either DIY or import myself from overseas. Unless they are selling the 100" one at 3K. Nobody will buy from them one lah.

Hi Bro,

Dun get so upset regrading the link. I am just sharing some of the experience with this great product. Just to intro some new concepts for creating a Home Theatre effect.
For custom screen, I also try different types of methods in creating one but fail as the gain is not there. In the dark room, the Xscreen gain is 2 and if there is ambient light the gain is 1. So all overall the performance is good.
This is a high end product, I admit that there are not many people can afford it.
But there are still people buying as to experience different kind of effect during the day.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you sure you're not the salesperson? lol

how much did you pay for it? I tried calling in and ask for demo, but you know what? nobody picked up at all.

I'm wondering if it's just another 1 or 2 man show kind of company.....

can't afford? you must be kidding, we are talking about projector hoh, not tiny LCD TV here....

but what for if it's overpriced? only stupid people burn their money with the extra....

I will probably import myself overseas instead of getting it from a funny suspicious local distributor.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i saw josstick and altar table..... :s22: :s22: :s22: :s22:

now 7th lunar month nia....lol

Ahiru

Reaction score
Alextoh79, i notice your pj ceiling mount is quite neat. where do you get that from?

alextoh79

Reaction score
Ahiru said:
Alextoh79, i notice your pj ceiling mount is quite neat. where do you get that from?

I also help install projector ceiling mount . If you want you PM to install the projector ceiling for you. :s13:

gaolow

Reaction score
Just share some of images i took from my Stewart Fire hwak grey screen.

SD DVD -Animation
CIMG4910.jpg

SD DVD
CIMG4915.jpg

Blu Ray
Blu-RayDVD2.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.