Showcase your home theater setup thread

gaolow

Reaction score
it a fix wall type with metal frame. i got post a picture under this thread, can refer to my 2nd reply at page 2 of this thread

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MaTriX07 said:
MONSbig.JPG

IMG_0014a.jpg

any idea where to get this kind of portable screen? how do you place your projector?

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
iMbEst said:
OMG!!!! how much did you pay for it?

for a 70-80" shld be SGD3k .. anyway the larger size dont really mean more expensive for stewart screens..

I got my firehawk 80" 2 yrs back for ard $3k+ .. cannot remember the exact amount already. Made to order if they dont hv the typical size.. so once deposit paid, they will sent from US and reach here ard 4-5 days.

here a older pic..

IMG_1760a.jpg

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, looks impressive. but my problem is I can't use fixed screen for the limited "TV" area. Need to adopt a 42" or 50" Plasma at the same time, that's why need a mobile type of pull down type of screen lor....

Pull down type seems better but scared it make the place ugly leh...

wyeng09

Reaction score
hi guys would you all know how much to replace the projector lamp and where to go to? thks

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys would you all know how much to replace the projector lamp and where to go to? thks

depands on model... $600-1000 and over also got.. most home use ones are below $1000 unless u using super high end stuff

wyeng09

Reaction score
thks.. whoa.. thats ex... my is hyundai one home used.. where to get huh? if so ex better get a brand new one huh...

s17oopy

Reaction score
well just to let u guys know if u wan to know more about lamp price or projector or screen then let me know.. for projector only some brand have hor let u guys know.

blueweed

Reaction score
quick question guys. I am building a home theater room and I have around 3.6m to where I will be sitting. I was recommended a 90inch(max) given I will be watching movie and playing FPS games. Apparently more than 90inch at this distance with FPS games will make one giddy. Anythoughts here? thanks

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
quick question guys. I am building a home theater room and I have around 3.6m to where I will be sitting. I was recommended a 90inch(max) given I will be watching movie and playing FPS games. Apparently more than 90inch at this distance with FPS games will make one giddy. Anythoughts here? thanks

yes... google for viewing distance.. THX got a recommendation.

Dont think ur wall can take big means u must max it.. else yes, will make u very very uncomfortable .. some ppl even wanna puke after watching a movie.

Reaction score

Assuming you have light coloured walls, why don't you put up all the other equipment first, project onto the wall where you intend to put the screen, and adjust the image till it suits you. Then measure the approximate viewing size and buy a screen to match?

LeiTeo

Reaction score
Question

In the process of setting up my "low cost" "high impact" Home Theatre System.

Just placed an order for a Dell 2400MP Projector
Next, a Creative Giaworks S750 7.1 speaker set and a DDTS-100 decoder.
Finally a simple pull down projector screen.

Total Cost:
$1549 for the projector + $100 for wiring
$799 + 299 for the speakers + DTS decoder
$399 for a 96x96 Lav manual projector screen.
S$3046.

The diagonal 4:3 image is 120", 16:9 image is 110"

Will be running the multimedia from a multi-format Ichiban DVD mini-hifi player (plays Mpeg4), a DIY media PC + a DIY 1TB Multimedia File Server (4 x 250GB in RAID 0).

Will post images once project is completed

Hey DL,

Can you introduce me to the one who helped you do the whole set up?

MiNdFrEak

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone direct me to where i can purchase a InFocus SP4805 online sg websites or shops in sg. Thanks a lot!

petetherock

Reaction score
Bro this projector is really old, I sold mine 2 years ago.
You can try 2nd hand shops or sell sections but the cost of the bulb will be high.
For 1000 you can get new office style ones with igher specs or import from Amazon some of the newer In Focus models.
See projectorcentral.com
And this is the wrong place to ask as well

Hi there, can anyone direct me to where i can purchase a InFocus SP4805 online sg websites or shops in sg. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

rasserie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just something to share,

im currently testing a projector for a fren.

but i do not have a screen,
my walls are all either light red or light blue in color, no whites

so what i did is to get a white blind from ikea at a cost of 59 bux.
then use scotch tape to temporarily install the blind on a cupboard.

the blind is like those pull down projector screen.

as far as i can tell, it serves as a very cheap imitation projector screen quite well.

rather than get a dedicated projector screen, id get a temporary blind for a temporary projector.

just something to share

junkai21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just something to share,

im currently testing a projector for a fren.

but i do not have a screen,
my walls are all either light red or light blue in color, no whites

so what i did is to get a white blind from ikea at a cost of 59 bux.
then use scotch tape to temporarily install the blind on a cupboard.

the blind is like those pull down projector screen.

as far as i can tell, it serves as a very cheap imitation projector screen quite well.

rather than get a dedicated projector screen, id get a temporary blind for a temporary projector.

just something to share

Great. How big was it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.