The Power Supply Chart

ER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PSUChart1.gif

PSUChart2.gif

Power Supply Buying Guide

Efficiency
The efficiency on the chart is based on specifications from manufacturers, actual results may vary.

Active PFC
Power Factor Correction (PFC) allows power distribution to operate at its maximum efficiency. The preferable type of PFC is Active Power Factor Correction (Active PFC) since it provides more efficient power frequency. Because Active PFC uses a circuit to correct power factor, Active PFC is able to generate a theoretical power factor of over 95%. Active Power Factor Correction also markedly diminishes total harmonics, automatically corrects for AC input voltage, and is capable of a full range of input voltage. Since Active PFC is the more complex method of Power Factor Correction, it is more expensive to produce an Active PFC power supply.

80 PLUS
The 80 PLUS performance specification requires power supplies in computers and servers to be 80% or greater energy efficient at 20%, 50% and 100% of rated load with a true power factor of 0.9 or greater. This makes an 80 PLUS certified power supply substantially more efficient than typical power supplies and creates a unique market differentiation opportunity for power supply and computer manufacturers.

SLI Ready
SLI stands for "Scalable Link Interface." SLI is a technology developed by NVIDIA that allows multiple graphics cards to work together in a single computer system. This enables faster graphics performance than what is possible with a single card. SLI Ready means this product supports SLI technology.

Last edited:

ER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys this chart is for modular psu only, will try to do one for non modular psu when I got the time.

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow.... You do yourself? How you get all these info??? :s22:

I eagerly waiting for more info on Acbel R8. :D

Hugo

Master Member
Reaction score
xboxer said:
Wow.... You do yourself? How you get all these info??? :s22:

I eagerly waiting for more info on Acbel R8. :D

R8 is 80plus certified IIRC

outlander

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ER said:
Guys this chart is for modular psu only, will try to do one for non modular psu when I got the time.
I'll be very interested to see the chart on non-modular PSUs.

jtchoy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yay, my Thermaltake toughpower 750W has the most Watt/$!!!

ER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sentimental_kills said:
haha agree.:) not everyone is able 2 get modular psus. ER 加油!

The list for non modular psu will be longer so it will take a longer time for me to compile.

The reason why I started with modular psu is that most people prefer it for easier cable management.

sentimental_kills

Reaction score
ER said:
The list for non modular psu will be longer so it will take a longer time for me to compile.

The reason why I started with modular psu is that most people prefer it for easier cable management.
take yr time. i'm sure yr efforts will be appreciated by all the forumers

denniszz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up for you...

Antec, CoolerMaster and Thermaltake scores well in delivering constant Watt/$... ;)

Some error... Both CoolerMaster M850 & M1000 are 85% efficiency... ;)

Last edited:

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
is the efficency a weighted average? or tested at a particular load?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.