The Power Supply Chart

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks to your chart, i got the thermaltake toughpower 750. But i saw a lot of zalman today... some are modular. Do you mind putting zalman in as well?

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
hanlsn said:
So far i think only PC and PC and Enermax Galaxy can touch 85+- and the prices are enough to buy a budget rig ... ThermalTake .. MIND BOGGLING efficiency and blatant lie lei
hahaha....:s8:

Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
hanlsn said:
So far i think only PC and PC and Enermax Galaxy can touch 85+- and the prices are enough to buy a budget rig ... ThermalTake .. MIND BOGGLING efficiency and blatant lie lei

Everybody know you everything also "MIND BOGGLING". Go and think..

By the way, 'Go and think' happened to be your FAVOURITE phrase too.

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
hanlsn said:
Here are the reviews

http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=17&page_num=1

http://www.techspot.com/review/5-thermaltake_toughpower_750w/

http://techgage.com/article/thermaltake_toughpower_modular_750w_psu/1

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=940

blatant lie?

who are you to judge?
many of these are respected review sites.

i do not wish to believe, but if you are who they say you are, i really despise you and the ppl you represent.

"Go and think" more about your own life and character

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HWZ becoming more and more like dog pound. Always hear wild dog barking. ;)

*WOOF WOOF*

Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
xboxer said:
HWZ becoming more and more like dog pound. Always hear wild dog barking. ;)

*WOOF WOOF*

For months, we never participate in 'hanlsn' sage...
We have a limit.

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Corbell said:
For months, we never participate in 'hanlsn' sage...
We have a limit.
I'm just wondering who his handlers are and what bone is thrown to him. :D :D

wind77

Reaction score
i got the Tt Toughpower 750W.
Bought it in Sep, after considering the W/$ factor, and the efficiency.
Although Tt not accreditated by 80+ yet, i believe it's just a matter of time, or rather, is tat really needed?

Anyway, it's a heaviest PSU i ever got - which means it's darn solid!

bryanwumf

Master Member
Reaction score
wind77 said:
i got the Tt Toughpower 750W.
Bought it in Sep, after considering the W/$ factor, and the efficiency.
Although Tt not accreditated by 80+ yet, i believe it's just a matter of time, or rather, is tat really needed?

Anyway, it's a heaviest PSU i ever got - which means it's darn solid!
You can look up 2theMax 750w in 80plus.org. Its based on the same CWT design as the Tt toughpower 750w.

Try holding an Etasis built SS Zeus for some weight. :)

darkbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Bluegrass_Corbell said:
Here are the reviews

http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=17&page_num=1

http://www.techspot.com/review/5-thermaltake_toughpower_750w/

http://techgage.com/article/thermaltake_toughpower_modular_750w_psu/1

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=940

blatant lie?

who are you to judge?
many of these are respected review sites.

i do not wish to believe, but if you are who they say you are, i really despise you and the ppl you represent.

"Go and think" more about your own life and character

Did u see those review before u posted them? they lie in their efficiency.. in these reviews, none hit 85% efficiency as stated. Neither on Cold load nor Hot load test. I am not siding that guy..

MichaelTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
darkbladez said:
Did u see those review before u posted them? they lie in their efficiency.. in these reviews, none hit 85% efficiency as stated. Neither on Cold load nor Hot load test. I am not siding that guy..
When deciding on a new PSU brand to carry, it was a big issue to us that some non-PSU manufacturers who market PSUs, overstated certain specifications. We finally chose to engage with Enermax, who is a manufacturer itself, and makes accurate reporting and specification a main point.

While some oversell is always tolerable, for PSU it's a more serious matter of possible fire and property damage, including damage to the computer components. So it's nice to side with conservatism instead of going sky high overselling. It's not a matter of less FPS now, with PSUs.

darkbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
MichaelTan said:
When deciding on a new PSU brand to carry, it was a big issue to us that some non-PSU manufacturers who market PSUs, overstated certain specifications. We finally chose to engage with Enermax, who is a manufacturer itself, and makes accurate reporting and specification a main point.

While some oversell is always tolerable, for PSU it's a more serious matter of possible fire and property damage, including damage to the computer components. So it's nice to side with conservatism instead of going sky high overselling. It's not a matter of less FPS now, with PSUs.

ya.. i noe, i jus stating it that his link got no prove of wad he trying to say.. thats all.. :)

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
darkbladez said:
of cos i saw the reviews, thermaltake's specification is up to 85%, not at least 85%. So I do not think that is a lie.

most of the reviews were good nonetheless.

So mr hanlsn or whoever he is came in to give comments like this, you think i should question him?

this is not a 80plus psu, with this kind of results seems ok to me.

darkbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Bluegrass_Corbell said:
of cos i saw the reviews, thermaltake's specification is up to 85%, not at least 85%. So I do not think that is a lie.

most of the reviews were good nonetheless.

So mr hanlsn or whoever he is came in to give comments like this, you think i should question him?

this is not a 80plus psu, with this kind of results seems ok to me.

ya.. is ok to me too.. to me, i prefer a psu spec stated to be lower than the psu real spec.. :)

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
darkbladez said:
ya.. is ok to me too.. to me, i prefer a psu spec stated to be lower than the psu real spec.. :)

Can you tell me which PSU maker understate their ratings? I would like to know.

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
darkbladez said:
everybody has it's preference and i understand.

my post is to single out hanlsn's aggressive comments...
it is not the first time he deliberately try to find faults with many competition's products, that is if he is who everyone thinks he is...

i would like to comment to him again that his actions are really low class, at least to me :)

it's really a shame if he is who i know, let's hope not :s8:

darkbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
tremor said:
Can you tell me which PSU maker understate their ratings? I would like to know.

Silverstone for my case.. On the box, it stated 80% or greater.. At least this is true.

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
darkbladez said:
Silverstone for my case.. On the box, it stated 80% or greater.. At least this is true.
Jonnyguru tested to tough power 750W up to 83% on both hot and cold load
also true for "to up to 85%", no? :)

darkbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Bluegrass_Corbell said:
Jonnyguru tested to tough power 750W up to 83% on both hot and cold load
also true for "to up to 85%", no? :)

maybe i jus prefer it to be quoted lower instead of higher.. Anyway, different ppl different views.. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.