Housekeeping in MovieMania...please read

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Movie Mania has had a decent stream of posters and readers and in due course, I think that there is some topic fragmentation around. This may have been the result of enthusiatic members who want to bring up something interesting to talk about. It takes time and considerable effort to identify duplicated threads to erm...normalise them, if you know what I mean.

What I would like to suggest for the members here is to help out by doing a little search before making a post, to see if there are similar topics and add your contents to the existing threads instead of starting one of your own. This will help keep this forum neater.

Do note that this is a public space shared by all, so everyone benefits from the small effort by each other. I would like to keep this place cosy and friendly for everyone and I believe that actual intervention by my hand can be kept to a minimal. Like in movies, I would rather keep the "Deus Ex Machina" out of the picture as much as possible.

Thanks for taking note.

LiquidShaDow

ExK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very sorry, but what is a Duex Ex Machina? ...

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ExK said:
very sorry, but what is a Duex Ex Machina? ...
Basically saying that he doesn't want to have to interfere with threads/posts here. 'Deus ex machina' aka 'god from the machine' is a term used in literature whereby the author uses some 'tools' like a storm/freakish occurances to save the day/hero/heroine/etc.........or some crap like that! =:p :s13: Boils down to the author playing god...or being 'godlike' as in the case of mods/admin. ;)

ExK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks gaminator :) guess I really must read more hehe

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come some of the mods dump movie-related threads here from EDMW and then never merge similar threads?

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jerry007 said:
How come some of the mods dump movie-related threads here from EDMW and then never merge similar threads?

Maybe the MODs from EDMW can help to merge similar threads after dumping movie-related threads here. If not, this will contradict to the housekeeping rules in MovieMania.

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jerry007 said:
Maybe the MODs from EDMW can help to merge similar threads after dumping movie-related threads here. If not, this will contradict to the housekeeping rules in MovieMania.
I don't know if they even read this sticky.

chewingyu

Reaction score
LiquidShaDow said:
I don't know if they even read this sticky.

Sorry, but what is the meaning of "sticky"? I read it in Wikipedia but still don't understand.

ExK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chewingyu said:
Sorry, but what is the meaning of "sticky"? I read it in Wikipedia but still don't understand.

sticky means a thread that's put permanently at the top of a forum to serve as a reminder or the first thing to read for newbies.

FireEel

Master Member
Reaction score
Haizzz...this forum used to be a haven for me to take a break from the activities of EDMW.

Now it seems that bad worms are starting to crawl in and infest moviemania as well.

PS leh Jerry, called u "King of Moviemania", now a certain somebody is using that title to mock you.

spielberg

Banned
Reaction score
Haizzz...this forum used to be a haven for me to take a break from the activities of EDMW.

Now it seems that bad worms are starting to crawl in and infest moviemania as well.

PS leh Jerry, called u "King of Moviemania", now a certain somebody is using that title to mock you.

Don't forget, I was the first one to give jerry007 a nick - king of MM few years ago after LS. Now he is not fit to be the one!!!! :s27:

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's not turn this sticky thread into an argument. spielberg, it is ok to post topics on movies or related news. Filling the pages with polls is not good because it pushes the other discussion back. I noted you upping your threads too. And from the results, I can see that the polls aren't something that people want.

This sticky is for people to note some of the etiquette when hanging around here. So let me repeat, do not turn this into an argument.

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can the mods dun juz dump a thread here from elsewhere but kindly do a merge so as not to create multiple threads of the same topic?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.