The backlight bleeding thread of fame!

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is backlight bleeding?
http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/backlight-bleeding.php
The entire surface of an LCD is backlit from behind by a light source (CCFL light) and the LCD blocks out the light that is not needed. Backlight bleeding occurs when this light is not 100% blocked allowing some light to "bleed" through the LCD causing spots of lighter areas on a dark or black background. Unfortunately, almost all LCDs suffer at least a small amount of backlight bleed because the opacity of LCD panels is not enough to block all light, though it only causes problems if it can be easily detected by the human eye. The graphic at the bottom shows an example of what an LCD display with excessive backlight bleeding looks like with a dark, static background. As you can see, the top left and bottom right corner are lighter in color than the center of the display.

backlight-bleeding.jpg

Real world example....
2005fpw_small.jpg

Post yours now!!! :D

Dee

Reaction score
Woh.. ok, jus bought a LG2242t, and I tot the backlight bleeding was bad.. not so bad compared to the above

Casperz

Reaction score
Backlight bleeding is just too common to be RMAed imo. almost every LCD has backlight bleeding, its due to how TN panel works rather than the construction of the panel itself.

Anyway heres my monitor the HP w2408h. There is quite alot of backlight bleeding but the bleeding is evenly spread across the whole screen, which to me is a more important factor than the amount of backlight bleeding itself. Because if the backlight bleeds evenly throught the screen, then you wun notice it at all.

p3110001zi3.jpg

I LOVE MY MONITOR!!! :D:D:D

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Casperz is sporting...anyone else care to contribute?

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
songbo89:

my 2208 is about the same as your. The only good thing about BLB is that it can offset the brightness settings. Apart from that, once images are active, the BLB is hardly seen.

Will post pics later :D

songbo89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
songbo89:

my 2208 is about the same as your. The only good thing about BLB is that it can offset the brightness settings. Apart from that, once images are active, the BLB is hardly seen.

Will post pics later :D

ya lor, got image den not so obvious. mai hiam si buay pai la:s12::s12:

GTBlackIce

Reaction score
Here's mine... LG W2252TQ bought last Sat at IT Show...

Screensaver1.JPG

I feel it's bad coz I juz love black bg... & it's blardy obvious with the blb... :sad:

Casperz

Reaction score
Here's mine... LG W2252TQ bought last Sat at IT Show...

Screensaver1.JPG

I feel it's bad coz I juz love black bg... & it's blardy obvious with the blb... :sad:

OMG! there is an eerie looking mushroom liek figure on your screen!! is it an alien?

GTBlackIce

Reaction score
OMG! there is an eerie looking mushroom liek figure on your screen!! is it an alien?

ROFLMAO!!! :D Ya... tat's d blb alien haunting my monitor ever since I powered it up.

I guess tat's the culprit behind my monitor's blb... =:p :s22:

Tat's juz my trustee lil cute penguin mascot... ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.