Tioman Guide.

n2btg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think you can take ferry from Tenah Merah Ferry Terminal as well but I remember was quite expensive... something like $89 per person for a 2.5 hour boat ride. Don't know why the boat seem damm slow and they still charge so expensive.

Maybe now no business close hsop liao..

Reaction score
Think you can take ferry from Tenah Merah Ferry Terminal as well but I remember was quite expensive... something like $89 per person for a 2.5 hour boat ride. Don't know why the boat seem damm slow and they still charge so expensive.

Maybe now no business close hsop liao..

Direct boat from tanah merah to Tioman??

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah the resorts at Paya Beach are fully booked~ not surprising as well...since those days are weekends and holiday.

So I will have to take a bus to JB then to Mersing?
Local agencies can provide such service right - save the trouble of changing buses?

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
To me I prefer Salang very much more. Plenty of lodgings which are affordable. trust me you do not have to do an advance booking. the moment you step off the bus at mersing the touts will come and ask you if you are interested in booking their rooms at Tioman. They will show you lots of nice pictures but I think the best is to look at the real thing yourself. Once you reach Salang, just walk around and find the one that you like best for price and comfort.

I agree loh, when I went Salang beach in May 2006, all the resorts there have empty rooms. Prices are negotiable, and your meals and activities are free and easy, meaning you choose which resort and restaurant to eat whenever you want and you just find one of the boat stalls and ask them to bring you wherever, time negotiable. Plus the beach is very nice, especially near the extreme left, with live corals, anemone, and clownfish further out from the shore, and also secluded "cubby holes" surrounded by rocks ::look:s12:=:p.

I never went Paya beach before, so can't really compare with Salang Beach.

mimiyap

Reaction score
hi.... anyone been to paya beach resort and stayed in deluxe chalet? can giv mi some idea on whether is there any bed on the mezzanine floor? cant seem to verify it from d net :( saw some review there izzin, but d actual website of it stated yes..... im confused!!!

gkgk02

Reaction score
Hi,

Will be driving and catching the Tioman ferry from Tg Gemok jetty.

Appreciate any advice on:

- location of the parking lots
- is there 1 common lot or multiple lots operated by different operators
- relative safety of the parking lots

Thanks!

p00kish

Reaction score
gkgk02:

Here's an idea how the parking lots looks like at the Tg Gemok jetty. Building at the back is the jetty.

DSCF5599.jpg

wa1ker

Reaction score
lots of parking lot at tanjong gemok... but that place is quite ulu.. not sure if it is safe to park overnights...

p00kish

Reaction score
hi.... anyone been to paya beach resort and stayed in deluxe chalet? can giv mi some idea on whether is there any bed on the mezzanine floor? cant seem to verify it from d net :( saw some review there izzin, but d actual website of it stated yes..... im confused!!!

errr...no idea, i stayed at the standard chalet which is quite comfortable. You could try asking travel agencies to confirm about beds in the mezzanine floor.

RobinYip

Reaction score
errr...no idea, i stayed at the standard chalet which is quite comfortable. You could try asking travel agencies to confirm about beds in the mezzanine floor.

pookish u have pics of the standard room in paya beach? my partner saw e review by Sam she dunwan to stay already...trying to psycho her that it isnt too bad..")

p00kish

Reaction score
pookish u have pics of the standard room in paya beach? my partner saw e review by Sam she dunwan to stay already...trying to psycho her that it isnt too bad..")

Stayed at 23 & 24. Which is not sea facing. (See map below)
payamap.jpg

Looked like this from the outside:

DSCF5635.jpg

Inside:

n555633392_465495_1082.jpg

DSCF5634.jpg

Its actually quite comfortable. There's even a pair of hotel towels and shampoo + soap for us to use.

The aircon is quite cold, but the room next to ours had a faulty aircon...had to get the frontdesk to send someone to fix it.

TV only had one channel. HBO.

There's a few thing you'll have to be wary of when staying there:

There are monkeys who will ransack the dustbins outside your chalet at night, leaving a mess when you wake up in the morning. There even an incident where a monkey was just standing outside our door until we chased it away.

Not sure about this, but I have seen resort staff entering chalets to switch off the aircon when the guest had gone out. Think its a electricity saving move on their part. There are also times when we return to our resort to find all switches off.

Robin, I hope this helps. Didnt take too much photos of the room i stayed at, but the queen size bed i slept in was very comfortable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.