The backlight bleeding thread of fame!

oyebto

Master Member
Reaction score
Asus PG221

dsc00550iq1.jpg
oh i tot this one not bad already.. when lights on and normal viewing of stuff on screen shouldnt be this obvious

ExoWraith

Master Member
Reaction score
oh i tot this one not bad already.. when lights on and normal viewing of stuff on screen shouldnt be this obvious

well im not complaining. just found this thread so i posted.

because before i bought this i read somewhere that there was some light bleed issues.

just to share :D

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will go back n test for my dell 30" shud have alittle blb.. but i lowerd my contrast to minium..
but like that wont you be wasting the contrast since you already paid for it?

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no offence but if u guys dun wan blb prob.... pay money for a PVA,MVA or IPS panel LCD

i m using a Dell 2007WFP & its IPS panel(chck net & service menu).... "yi fen qian yi fen huo".... got it at $549 online 0% CC installment...... practically no blb

juz my 2cts......

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 2208 BLB can easily light up my whole room. My BLB seem to be the whole screen now.

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm is it correct to say that it's almost impossible to detect BLB when you test your monitor at the shop?

Unless they turn off the lights for you la HAHAHAH.

That's quite sian so you're taking a huge gamble with each LCD.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm is it correct to say that it's almost impossible to detect BLB when you test your monitor at the shop?

Unless they turn off the lights for you la HAHAHAH.

That's quite sian so you're taking a huge gamble with each LCD.
as long is not a glossy screen is quite okay-lah, just need to calibrate the screen by lowering the brightness which is one of many adjustments. End result is a minimal backlight bleeding screen without a huge hit on the contrast.

For glossy screen, just do the same experiment on your laptop.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.