Tioman Guide.

modernday

Reaction score
Tioman- new place

There is a new place in Tioman, Tekek. Recently built. If i am not mistaken, it is called Sofia Utama. Owner of chalet speaks good english, so not too worry:s22: The rooms seemed very comfortable and affordable. The chalet has its own dive centre. Catch is, you can also take up the basic scuba within a day there or settle for snorkelling.

Reaction score
stayed at Salang Pusaka, RM215 for 1 night
house.jpg

got 2 Quenn size bed & 2 single bed....

SNV31485.jpg

SNV31486.jpg

toilet condition not too bad...clean...

SNV31487.jpg

Last edited:

p00kish

Reaction score
looks shiok le....you book through travel agency right? Whch one ah?

The pickup bus from where de?

Reaction score
nono...we DIY...take bus from Kranji to JB larkin, then take bus go Mersing, book the resort at Mersing b4 we go Tioman..its very easy only..;)

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i wanted to book the Paya Beach Resort but drats, it's all fully booked!

so the next alternative, is either to choose another location on Tioman, or take the Tioman Paya Resort...

anyone stayed in the Tioman Paya Resort before? i heard its older than the Paya Beach Resort.. i think. its cheaper than the Paya Beach Resort.

wonder how are the rooms like... anyone?

yah, i also almost cant go Tioman as I underestimated the peak period crowd :(

My gf and I stayed at Tioman Paya Resort last May, but I think I will prefer Paya Beach Resort as I may have the opportunity to stay at those facing the beach!

TPR meals are more of Chinese style, ~5mins walk from Paya Beach Resort, very basic facilities, no TV for the hut I stayed!

Room:

I got 3 single beds but i not sure if it applies to all the 'huts':
6gzs5w.jpg

153a3wi.jpg

Small toilet:
34spma9.jpg

Overall still not too bad, at least air con is working and quite powerful plus after snorkeling the whole day, you are too shag to grumble~ :s22:

p00kish

Reaction score
chuan3205, how did you get to Tioman paya ah? i stayed at paya beach resort but didnt seem to notice any route Tioman paya.

Reaction score
next time shall try that, thanks for info. :)

u r welcome...its really a simple things only.
I only spend <RM350 for 3D2N trip there. but i not sure if book from travel agent how much it will cost lar. Sometime travel agent can get cheaper, but i think RM350 is cheap liao lar.

Last edited:

ericwilis

Reaction score
hi all
i just got mine to tioman 3 day 2 nite to berjaya resort at tioman from fivestars

for twins packet, the package cost me 252 per person
-2 ways coach
-2 ways ferry
-breakfast included
-surcharge 28 dollar (if it fall on fri,sat)

is it expensive?
i was told by fivestar that that berjaya resort is better than paya beach?is it true?
i see price wise berjaya cost double from paya resort

p00kish

Reaction score
ericwilis,

SG$252 for that package is kinda expensive. For me when i went with 8 people it was only SG$115 and the package for 2 is only SG$145 per person at paya beach resort.

Berjaya resort is like the 5 star resort on the island...but do you really need to stay something so high class? Personally, the resorts in tioman are all more or less the same standard: Air-con, nice beds, nice bathrooms.

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chuan3205, how did you get to Tioman paya ah? i stayed at paya beach resort but didnt seem to notice any route Tioman paya.
i bought the package from FiveStars, Tioman Paya Resort Full Board Package

happycat

Reaction score
just wanted to ask if the ferry from mersing to tioman is all the same? what kinda ferry isit? that kinda puttputt types or those that are big and stable and cars can park inside ones?

Iloveholiday

Reaction score
I have just enquired tioman packages through few agencies and the coach to tioman is minimum 40seaters and they do not provide 26 seaters coach to tioman. I am just wondering if any of you actually took a 26 seaters. Buses from JB got better seats?

socrates

Reaction score
From larkin bus station to Mersing it is all 40 seater seats. if you really want more comfort or speed, you can always go by Malaysian taxi.

I think 40 seater is good enough as the journey time is not that long.

Iloveholiday

Reaction score
Most likely there will 6 people going. Hence going on Taxis is also quite tough for us. Any Ideas of separate booking on bus tickets in sg and booking resorts online or should I go and take the tour packages offered by most travel agency. Most of the packages are priced at $135 for 3 days 2 nights weekdays for resort, bus and ferry.

socrates

Reaction score
Iloveholiday,

Me and 5 of my friends went on a recent DIY trip to tioman 2 weeks ago. As for me I did a diy for what came to be about $139 per person for 4D3N. It is quite easy to do except that since there 6 if you the only problem may be transportation. I took a bus from Larkin to Mersing for RM 10 and because I lined up on the spot, I miss out on the getting there on the 8.30 bus as there were only 6 tickets left. The woman in front of me had taken 6 tickets ! Hence I was delayed. You could get this ticket ealrier or to save the hassle just book one from Singapore and pay more for it.

If you want hassle free then book a tour package (Paya beach is the standard package) with one of the agencies.

Other than that, I had no problems getting the ferry ticket or finding accomadation at Salang for 6 persons. if you want to go and stay at Salang I could you recommend you some places which charge only RM 100 for a room per night and it comes with air con and hot water.

DSCF2520.jpg

Enjoy your trip

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.