Manhattan Credit Card Users?

invigorated

Reaction score
forumvrz - i am an existing user of the manhattan card and i have to admit that i encounter the same issue as what you quoted - their way of calculation seems to be messed up, and i am not getting the rebates amount that i am expecting. only mitigating fact is that they been contacting me to try to explain the fixes to me (albeit i have to wait quite a long stretch - i think they probably getting a lot of such queries, and i am still waiting for them to fix it). so... YMMV...

The other thing you would want to check is, when i signed on for this card last year, i remember they have a line saying that the rebate % amount will only be till June 2008 - you may want to confirm with them in case they drop the rebate amounts.

This is really upsetting. Was thinking of using this card to pay off my wedding banquet but now really thinking twice. Do let us know once you have new updates.

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh dear, i'm waiting for next mth statement regarding the rebates i earned for the preivous 3 mths......:s16:~

forumvrz

Reaction score
terms and conditions

Also.

I am not sure what this means " Cash rebate percentage is awarded till 31st Dec 2008" ... Does it mean that it will be scrapped ultimately?

ss-3.png

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn, the cashback i received is incorrect. Hav called them to verify, which they claim their department will get back to me latest by monday (2 jun 2008).

let keep u guys posted.:s16:~

auroraborealis

Reaction score
Just like to check how they calculate the quarter? Is it from Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep & Oct- Dec?
I got my card in Dec last year. My 1st rebate is in Jan/Feb? I am quite puzzled and I did not receive any more again till now.

Thanks.

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just like to check how they calculate the quarter? Is it from Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep & Oct- Dec?
I got my card in Dec last year. My 1st rebate is in Jan/Feb? I am quite puzzled and I did not receive any more again till now.

Thanks.

suggest u giv them a call? ;)~

that's wad i do in order to get the answer. :o~

goondudumbo

Reaction score

Thanks.

ya correct. 1yr = 4 quarters.
Q1 = jan-mar
Q2 = apr-jun
Q3= jul-sep
Q4 = oct - dec

if receive ur card in dec.. den i think thats the cut off for Q4 and thus rebate in following mth.. but funny that u never receive any more rebates after that.. unless never use the card?

Vivagirl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just received mine yesterday, looks very cool :D

but edison's one of titanium looks cooler.. why sg dont have it...

forumvrz

Reaction score
status

damn, the cashback i received is incorrect. Hav called them to verify, which they claim their department will get back to me latest by monday (2 jun 2008).

let keep u guys posted.:s16:~

So what's the status?

lnfra

Reaction score
School Fees?

Just wondering if using Manhatten card for payment of private uni school fees would be entitled to the rebate. Hmm could chalk up to quite a lot assuimg $3000 spent per term for 2 subjects. :s12:

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what's the status?

sorry for late reply...

based on wad they told me:

1. the cash-back for my case is calculated frm 23 Feb - 22 Apr, 23 Apr - 22 Jul, 23 Jul - 22 Oct, 23 Oct - 31 Dec

2. i spent $2500 during statement mth of 23 Feb - 22 Mar, so i'm given $51+ for cash back (2%)

3. i spend a total of $1270 during statment mth of 23 Mar - 22 Apr, so i'm given $12+ for cash back (1%)

based on the above calculation, the cash back is correct.

so now i have to wait towards the end of july to chk whether the cash back given for period of 23 Apr - 22 Jul is correct or nt......:look:~

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if using Manhatten card for payment of private uni school fees would be entitled to the rebate. Hmm could chalk up to quite a lot assuimg $3000 spent per term for 2 subjects. :s12:

i used this card for my private uni payment too which i tink it shld be entitled for the cash back....:s7:~

Verbatin

Reaction score
how come cash rebates is based on statement date?

it shd be based on calendar month. that's what's the www.wowmanhatten.com.sg says!

-----------

sorry for late reply...

1. the cash-back for my case is calculated frm 23 Feb - 22 Apr, 23 Apr - 22 Jul, 23 Jul - 22 Oct, 23 Oct - 31 Dec

2. i spent $2500 during statement mth of 23 Feb - 22 Mar, so i'm given $51+ for cash back (2%)

3. i spend a total of $1270 during statment mth of 23 Mar - 22 Apr, so i'm given $12+ for cash back (1%)

so now i have to wait towards the end of july to chk whether the cash back given for period of 23 Apr - 22 Jul is correct or nt......:look:~

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if anyone still interested in this card can drop me a pm.. will send courier over..

forumvrz

Reaction score
hmmmm

sorry for late reply...

UOB One 's offer seems more palatable:
Over S$300 in cash rebates every year
Spend over S$800 each month* and you will receive S$80 cash rebate that quarter to offset your bill. Spend over S$300 each month* and you will receive S$30 cash rebate that quarter. What's more, no points or redemptions are necessary.
* Minimum three transactions per statement period in three consecutive month

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how come cash rebates is based on statement date?

it shd be based on calendar month. that's what's the www.wowmanhatten.com.sg says!

-----------

it only states "Cash rebates is awarded quarterly & reflected on your statement one month after each quarter...", so it doesnt states it is being calculated by calendar mth...:look:~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.