location of penang laksa

wudimax

Reaction score
hi folks,

where can i find good penang laksa in singapore?? miss it after my trip to penang.

ducklegsux

Reaction score
theres a stall at city plaza lvl 5 food court, not that bad,their ban mian also not bad, but standard dropped over the years, still better than average stalls though

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
white rose cafe at york hotel got penang hawker fare buffet every year but limited choice. the penang laksa sld be sourish one right? sg ver is more spicy oily type.

wudimax

Reaction score
white rose cafe at york hotel near where huh??

thanks to all. also located sun plaza also got a stall selling. have not tried yet.

bebakwen

Reaction score
Hi,

Wanna know good Penang laksa in Singapore...:yawn:
I 'm from Penang..work in S'pore 15 years liao

Here are the best 2 places so far i know up to the standard one.
1) ABC hawker centre at Jalan Bukit Merah( Behind IKEA )close on Mon,Time : 2pm to 930pm
2) Boon Lay hawker centre ( near boon lay shopping complex )

Good luck Bro...

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
york hotel http://www.yorkhotel.com.sg/cafe.html

"The thrice-yearly Penang Hawker’s Fare in March, September and December with authentic Pennag hawkers dishing out their delicious fare is something that you must simply try on your trips to Singapore."

Rav_05

Reaction score
There is this shop with an antique clock at International Plaza level 1 that sells Penang Laksa ($2.50) and their gravy is superb...u can also try their mee siam and mee remus.

wandl

Reaction score
There is this shop with an antique clock at International Plaza level 1 that sells Penang Laksa ($2.50) and their gravy is superb...u can also try their mee siam and mee remus.

I work near the Intl Plaza, most of the people I talk to (colleagues and office workers nearby) say the food at Intl Plaza level 1 is horrible, that people eat there because they have to....not because they want to.....
I've never tried of course because of their recommendations.

Rav_05

Reaction score
I work near the Intl Plaza, most of the people I talk to (colleagues and office workers nearby) say the food at Intl Plaza level 1 is horrible, that people eat there because they have to....not because they want to.....
I've never tried of course because of their recommendations.

prolly you can give it a try...i personally finds it good and price is reasonable.

wudimax

Reaction score
thanks pal, will try one of these days

in the mean time, i also discovered sun plaza at sembawang also selling penang laksa at the food court.
around $3 plus. average

peacepc

Reaction score
There is one popular stall in the food centre opposite Ang Mo Kio MRT Station, next to the theatre. It is next to a popular western food stall.

wudimax

Reaction score
There is one popular stall in the food centre opposite Ang Mo Kio MRT Station, next to the theatre. It is next to a popular western food stall.

hi, thats the stall i freq go, unfortunately, it had stopped selling already. i had check with the stall seller.

p3nboy

Reaction score
I know a friend who can cook Penang Laksa well, he is from Penang obviously. Can check with him if he is willing to cook for private function.

darkfox

Master Member
Reaction score
jurong east hawker centre.. think block 300+ the main marketplace there..

got 1 super good penang specialty delights..

their penang laksa super good! fish alot! slurps slurps

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can try Jason Penang Cuisine @ ABC Market & Food Centre.

2n8wmxf.jpg

choonlim

Reaction score
theres a stall at city plaza lvl 5 food court, not that bad,their ban mian also not bad, but standard dropped over the years, still better than average stalls though

Ya I still find this is really authentic! yummy...

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
block 117 Aljunied Ave 2 there's a stall selling Penang laksa, ckt

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.