Wine

mingming2

Reaction score
Anyone tried "Everyday" wine (both red / white) from US? Apparently saw this label in NTUC Rivervale Mall, and interestingly priced at $11.

Good to see this thread going, and personally I am leaning towards the likes of Cabernet Sauvignon .....

regards

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i saw that in the clementi branch near my home as well. may try one day.

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is that spelt correctly? i can't even seem to find a hit on google.

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new post on blog, portuguese wine. next up will try the matthew lang cab/shiraz that one of the users suggested.

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought it and tried it yesterday, will be doing the review this week...keep your eyes peeled.

updated blog on this review (link it on the 1st post). the next one will be my last review of the year, it will be a double dessert wine review. and it will come out by monday so there's time for you to buy 'em for Christmas parties.

*update - Carrefour is having a big wine sale now, go check out the prices.

lukold

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried asking at a few cellars but they don't seem to have this wine i'm looking for, would u happen to have any idea? Chateau D'yquem

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also I have been staking out and spending lots and lots and lots of time at the wine section of various supermarkets like NTUC, Carrefour, Cold Storage and Marketplace. There is still the general trend of people buying Australian Shirazes and Cabs, while i am not complaining about it, but I would really encourage people to go out and buy stuff they've never had before. And i'm not talking about different brands, but rather different varietals from different countries. Have you had an Argentinian Malbec? A South African Pinotage? A Chilean Carmenere? An Alsace Gewurztraminer or Tokay? A German Pinot Noir (aka Spatburgunder)? American wines that are NOT from California or the Napa region? etc

The whole point is about expanding your palate and trying out new things. Plus the likelihood of you finding a bad wine is quite low. Expand your taste buds this holiday season and buy something you've never had before and really smell it and taste it. Who knows, you may start loving Grenaches more than your Hardys & Yellowtails.

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update my final blogpost for the year. Double Dessert Wine review. Link is on the 1st post of this thread. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
sadly i am pretty new to this, i find that i dun really know how to appreciate wine but perhaps thats because my first experience was with a white wine which tasted pretty strange on its own even though it cost around a $100 for that bottle

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i can understand the confusion when one first starts off with wine. it is best, if u are interested, to take up a wine appreciation course or have someone/good friend take you out for a personal introduction and small guided tasting session. I did that recently with some of my friends and they really learned a lot. once u've learnt the basics, it's all a matter of trying more and different wines to build your palate.

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Topic for Discussion:

What was your favourite wine (red/white/bubbly/fortified/dessert) you drank this holiday season and why? Describe it! Don't be shy!

The one i liked this season was the one I reviewed most recently: the Trentham Noble Taminga dessert wine. 'Cos a number of the dinner/lunch gatherings I went to, the wine was so-so, nothing special. Mostly all Cabs and Shirazes which are starting to bore me. Plus this dessert wine I had was cheap and decently well made and went well with the apple crumble that I made!

ikileo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just received the new catalog for 2009 for Wine Connection. They're celebrating their 10th Anniversary in 2009, so they're having a promotion for their new wines. The deals are very good and this is a good chance to sample different types of grapes from different countries rather than plain old Cabs and Chards.

The link for the pdf file for the catalog can be found on the first page. I'm gonna score me some Alsace Riesling and Gewurztraminer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.